The "Things that annoy me" thread

Have you cleaned the coils? They used to mount them on the back and newer units have the coils on the bottom where dust and hair collect. Typically, that's the problem.

I did that. It is a pain. I wish they would just put them on the back again.

That I need to force a new tablet or cellphone to let me swear in text format. Ducking pain in the ads.

See what I mean...

I have trouble with. Double tapping
And sometimes hitting return.

Like that!

Warning, long rant upcoming with many technical IT-terms...

HP's licensing for their iLO (integrated Lights Out) Advanced is absolutely ridiculous, you have to jump through so many hoops...
  • You get an E-Mail ("Electronic Delivery Receipt") with a link "Access your products"
  • After you click on that link you have to log in to their website
  • After that you have to fill in the E-Mail address which is on the Electronic Delivery Receipt (not your own but one from your supplier) then you get a "License Entitlement Certificate" with an "Entitlement Order Number"
  • Then you have to log in to their licensing website (it doesn't get carried over) and fill in that "Entitlement Order Number"
  • Afterwards you have to fill in the complete customer address including phone number, but that phone number mustn't exceed 15 digits so your usual number with spaces won't work
  • Finally you can download a file with the extension .key
  • But wait, in the GUI you don't have the ability to upload this key file so you have to open that file in a text editor to copy the included key to paste it in the GUI
  • Now you're done with licensing their iLO Advanced

At my previous employer we sold only Fujitsu servers and their process is like that:
  • You get a pdf document with a licensing key
  • You open the GUI and fill in that key
  • Now you're done with licensing their iRMC Advanced

Euh.....have you tried turning it on and off again?

Aah, now it works. :) How is it possible that you always have the working solution as the first response? :p

Sounds like kind of like a piece of software I use from Siemens. Install program. Plug in USB-RJ45 adapter. Open device manager, find the device that Windows did not install drivers for. Open "update driver" have it search in a folder. Open folder that has the program files. Open the folder labeled for the adapter model number. Tell it to search the folder. Think you're done? Nope! You have to do the process the again because the first round installs the USB-Serial driver and the second installs the actual driver. :|

Some people's laugh, specifically the kind of laugh where the person's face doesn't smile...like, their jaw just drops open and a "Aha ha ha ha ha" noise comes out without any expression. It almost looks like they are in some sort of pain. They usually have the worse-sounding laughs too, and often the loudest.

Yeah...that's right...I'm ridiculing someone's involuntary expression of joy.

Is it just me or is everything online starting to get bigger? Youtube search results are now huge and only 6 fit on the window at any given moment (before it was way more). Facebook wallposts are now huge for some reason. I have checked my browser zoom settings for every page I think is too big and its all set to 100% as always. These large results are very annoying.

I think web developers are finally adapting to multiple screen resolutions and having the websites attempt to keep the same real-world size for all users. This default size is going to be bigger than people with high resolution screens are used to.

I think web developers are finally adapting to multiple screen resolutions and having the websites attempt to keep the same real-world size for all users. This default size is going to be bigger than people with high resolution screens are used to.

Right. Like I think the minimum used to to be 1024x768 and increases to a widescreen format and stayed there for a while until 1080 became more standard. Windows automatically increases the size of things in high res monitors for easier reading. That's all it's for really.

Bought a new table saw blade, had it rush shipped to arrive today so that I could use it tomorrow on a specific project...

...and it arrived with a broken-off tooth. :( The only packing material wasjust those 3"x6" inflatable air bladders in the box.

THOSE ARE FOR VOID-FILL ONLY, TO KEEP THE BOX FROM CRUSHING. THEY OFFER ABSOLUTELY ZERO ACTUAL PROTECTION!!!! ARG!!

Last edited:
There's a really stubborn guy in another forum I frequent. He started a thread asking if anyone had a specific PC-case, but didn't ask the actual question he had. After three people responded with the request to know the actual question he insulted them (and me) as "trolls". A mod then moved the thread to their internal forum and the guy started the exact same thread without asking the actual question again.

I don't know why that bugs me, maybe I just can't wrap my head around the fact that someone is so stubborn after at least five different people including a mod told him to just ask the actual question...

He must work for a Chicago mechanical contractor.

There's a really stubborn guy in another forum I frequent. He started a thread asking if anyone had a specific PC-case, but didn't ask the actual question he had. After three people responded with the request to know the actual question he insulted them (and me) as "trolls". A mod then moved the thread to their internal forum and the guy started the exact same thread without asking the actual question again.

I don't know why that bugs me, maybe I just can't wrap my head around the fact that someone is so stubborn after at least five different people including a mod told him to just ask the actual question...

That would rank up with people (alright girls) posting 'I'm so sad/hurt/whatever' on facebook and then when people (alright other girls) ask what's wrong they just write 'I don't want to talk about it', then stfu in the first place, stupid attention seeking *beeeps*, yes I stop following someone the instant they do that.

Agh, yes, "vaguebooking".
Hate it.

That would rank up with people (alright girls) posting 'I'm so sad/hurt/whatever' on facebook and then when people (alright other girls) ask what's wrong they just write 'I don't want to talk about it',

Or "I've messaged you, babe".

Could you not just message them anyway rather than loudly announcing your displeasure to an audience who is largely not aware of the rest of the story?

Or "I've messaged you, babe".

Could you not just message them anyway rather than loudly announcing your displeasure to an audience who is largely not aware of the rest of the story?

YES!
Or people that call/message you to say "I've sent you an email".

I KNOW.
I GOT THE EMAIL.