The "Things that annoy me" thread

For instance a project you'd estimate to be done in 2 weeks will actually take 4 months to finish.
...because things keep getting in the way. :lol:

Yup, I do the same when on jobs and the end user or whoever is asking when I'll be done. I have some idea but I say "in a perfect world, it will take 'x."

R, S, T, U, V, W, Y and Z will get in the way.
In my case, R was unsafe wiring, S was even more stubborn paint and wallpaper than expected, T was the flu, U was the extra filling and sanding required (plus the time the damn stuff needs to dry), V was the wait for the new wall cupboards, W was work and I'm sure I'd find something for Y and Z if I tried. So yeah, you're definitely right.

Yup, I do the same when on jobs and the end user or whoever is asking when I'll be done. I have some idea but I say "in a perfect world, it will take 'x."

That's a good one. I'll use that I'm sure in my upcoming travels.

In my case, R was unsafe wiring, S was even more stubborn paint and wallpaper than expected, T was the flu, U was the extra filling and sanding required (plus the time the damn stuff needs to dry), V was the wait for the new wall cupboards, W was work and I'm sure I'd find something for Y and Z if I tried. So yeah, you're definitely right.

Exactly. Or like my bathroom project, I ran out of extra funds to go buy paint.

Just before heading off to Ireland last year, I packed the USB charger for my compact camera. No idea where I packed it though. Didn't find it while I was away, and I haven't seen it at home since. So I've gone online looking for a replacement.
Ordered a cheapy on eBay in January, which the seller promised was coming, but never arrived. (And yet they're asking me to "give them time" to fix it - even though I've messaged repeatedly asking about it. Now they want the neg rep removed and changed. Yeah, No.)

I found one at the local camera warehouse, but it's 4.8m long. Almost every Lumix, Coolpix and a few others use the same plug type, but these cables are almost impossible to find in any of the electronics stores here. Even the places that do obscure stuff in kits, or so you can build your own toys.

Last edited:
The description I've seen is "usb 2.0 a to 8-pin mini b type" connector. Or UC-E6.

Looks like this:
15m-usb-20-hi-speed-cable.jpg

It doesn't look like it should be all that difficult to find...

Last edited:
That's literally the exact same image, just mirrored. :lol:

Can't buy from Amazon.com here, unless it's books, DVDs or using a freight forwarder, which is insane for a >$10 cable.

Found one here: http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod678.htm @ $26.
It's near one of the schools we work out of, so I could get there quite easily, but freakin' $26 for a $5 cable???

Can't buy from Amazon.com here, unless it's books, DVDs or using a freight forwarder, which is insane for a >$10 cable.

Found one here: http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod678.htm @ $26.
It's near one of the schools we work out of, so I could get there quite easily, but freakin' $26 for a $5 cable???
I can order a cheap one for you and mail it to Oz for ?1,50 or ?3,70 if no one has one lying around.

Getting static electricity from every other thing you touch at your workplace gets old really fast. It's gotten to the point I'm afraid to touch anything.

Wear different shoes.

Yesterday I started at 530am, got fucked over at a distribution center. I was there from 3pm until 11pm. The services are only 4 miles away, so I should be there instantly... 'exit closed due to roadworks'

So I had to go the wrong way for a few miles and then back on myself and turned in at 11:40pm.

Today's job wasn't possible due to time constraints, so the office got a guy to bring the trailer I needed half way and saved me 2 hours and I'm back on track. :mrgreen:

Oh no wait, 'exhaust emissions high, reduced engine power' from what I gather it's upto 40% engine power loss and I arrive late as I can do 35-40 MPH uphill. The day is not over.

Getting static electricity from every other thing you touch at your workplace gets old really fast. It's gotten to the point I'm afraid to touch anything.

My local grocery store has different flooring in the produce department that seems to charge the shopping carts as you pass through. I never get through it with anything less than 2-3 good shocks.