The "Things that annoy me" thread

Slackers in sneakers, baggy pants and hooded sweatshirts, all in dark colour, who slowly walk across the street right in front of you at night, and obviously are too cool to speed up to avoid the end of their lives...

It would really annoy me having to stop and wait for the ambulance because I ran one over, just because they're too lazy to use the zebra crossing or the pedestrian's stoplight fifty meters further down the road...

Maybe next time I hurt one with my side mirror... just a little...

Oops, did I just say that loud? :whistle:

We have those fuckers here too; they get a loud blast from my horn. Makes them jump sometoimes if they are not looking. :lol:

This is especially useful when they are on their mobile phone. (I ignore the predictable returned gestures and swearing as a result of the above.)

The one I'm referring to, was deliberately shuffling across the street very slowly, hands in his pocket, hood over his head. His friends either ran across the street either faster or stayed behind to wait. So it was pure provocation. He knew I was coming and did it on purpose. So honking wouldn't have helped.

The thing with those guys is, that they underestimate the fact, that they practically wear camouflage clothing at night. I was only able to see them from less than 50 meter distance. My eyes are still good, so I could swerve to avoid hitting the guy but what if it had been an older person with bad eyes and if there had been a car coming from the opposite direction?

It was a type of Russian Roulette he was playing and I believe he thinks now, that he is cool :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The one I'm referring to, was deliberately shuffling across the street very slowly, hands in his pocket, hood over his head. His friends either ran across the street either faster or stayed behind to wait. So it was pure provocation. He knew I was coming and did it on purpose. So honking wouldn't have helped.

The thing with those guys is, that they underestimate the fact, that they practically wear camouflage clothing at night. I was only able to see them from less than 50 meter distance. My eyes are still good, so I could swerve to avoid hitting the guy but what if it had been an older person with bad eyes and if there had been a car coming from the opposite direction?

It was a type of Russian Roulette he was playing and I believe he thinks now, that he is cool :rolleyes:

Just hit the mofo, whenever i walk across the road i wait for it to be clear and i always try cross as fast as i can bcos i know how frustrating it is for drivers, it's just common sense.

Try the 'run him over and dump his body in the nearest river' trick, that should get more then his attention AND help make the community a better place :p

Last edited:
Why do people spell "probably" "prolly"? Is it so hard to spell it correctly? And I'm sorry, if you pronounce it "prolly" you're saying it wrong.

Funny thing is, that "prolly" to a German sounds similar to "prollig", which means chavish :)

While I'm here.....CYCLISTS!

we are having the first good wheather of the year last couple off days and sure enough, like flies to a fucking turd here they come, dusting off their iron stead and preparing for a long season of annoying the shit out of everyone else on the road.

cyclist can be divided into 2 categories :

1 : the 'recreational' cyclist, usualy people over 40, on normal bikes happely puttering along at 2km/h in the middle off the goddamn road enyoying the countryside.... they are annoying, but only that, when they are not in your way they seem to obide to the trafficrules and generaly try not to get in trouble.

2 : but then....then there is the coloured condom wearing, racingbikeyielding ,deathdifiying bycicle terrorist, these are usualy male, overweight, and with the sofistication of a shit covered boulder all thinking they are gonna become the next Lance Armstrong if they can just be obnoxious enough.
They race along at breakneck speeds, single, in pairs or in groups of up to atleast 50, their bikes are not in any way streetlegal, they do not obide to any kind of roadrules nore the rules especialy in place for groups of cyclists.
The groups hurl along taking up 2 lanes, even forcing motorists off the roads , and on the rare occasion smaller groups do use the bycicle paths they force other cyclist and pedestrians out off the way, I have seen them almost running over small children who's parents couldent get them out off the way fast enough.
They all do this in the pursuit off something apparantly called a 'cadans' , something normal people have no comprehension off but apparantly it involves driving realy fast, ALL the time whithout stopping or slowing down 'forcing' them to never stop at intersections, run others off the road and so on.... who new sport was this unforgivingly dangerous to everyone else on the road?

This all goes out the window when they come accros some weird guy in a pick-up who has the right off way though....amazing how the little brakes on those tiny bikes get them to stop in such a short distance......the flipped birds, annoyed shouts, the almost falling over , the bumping into eachother......must all be part off the enyoyment off their sport I suppose :cool:

Last edited:
While I'm here.....CYCLISTS!

we are having the first good wheather of the year last couple off days and sure enough, like flies to a fucking turd here they come, dusting off their iron stead and preparing for a long season of annoying the shit out of everyone else on the road.

cyclist can be divided into 2 categories :

1 : the 'recreational' cyclist, usualy people over 40, on normal bikes happely puttering along at 2km/h in the middle off the goddamn road enyoying the countryside.... they are annoying, but only that, when they are not in your way they seem to obide to the trafficrules and generaly try not to get in trouble.

2 : but then....then there is the coloured condom wearing, racingbikeyielding ,deathdifiying bycicle terrorist, these are usualy male, overweight, and with the sofistication of a shit covered boulder all thinking they are gonna become the next Lance Armstrong if they can just be obnoxious enough.
They race along at breakneck speeds, single, in pairs or in groups of up to atleast 50, their bikes are not in any way streetlegal, they do not obide to any kind of roadrules nore the rules especialy in place for groups of cyclists.
The groups hurl along taking up 2 lanes, even forcing motorists off the roads , and on the rare occasion smaller groups do use the bycicle paths they force other cyclist and pedestrians out off the way, I have seen them almost running over small children who's parents couldent get them out off the way fast enough.
They all do this in the pursuit off something apparantly called a 'cadans' , something normal people have no comprehension off but apparantly it involves driving realy fast, ALL the time whithout stopping or slowing down 'forcing' them to never stop at intersections, run others off the road and so on.... who new sport was this unforgivingly dangerous to everyone else on the road?

This all goes out the window when they come accros some weird guy in a pick-up who has the right off way though....amazing how the little brakes on those tiny bikes get them to stop in such a short distance......the flipped birds, annoyed shouts, the almost falling over , the bumping into eachother......must all be part off the enyoyment off their sport I suppose :cool:

i live very close to the belgian border and i come across category 2 of the belgian cyclist all the time (what with my GF living across the border and all).
funnily enough, it's always belgian cyclists, they're not as bad here in germany. i don't get why, but i'm thankful...
but, as soon as there are two of them, they HAVE to ride side by side, stupid pricks. and yes, they never (!) ever (!) get out of the way...
i could go on and just repeat everything you said, it's all true!

Cyclists always bring out my evil side.

First rule of how to treat obnoxious, traffic-rule ignorant cyclists: Frighten them. Make them fear for their lives :devil: They need to feel the brush of death, otherwise they won't learn :evil:

Sounds harsh maybe but it's the truth. Give them the impression that you won't brake for them. Wait until the last moment to avoid hitting them. If they block the road, tailgate them at 50 cm distance.

For a good laugh do this: If you see two cyclists going side by side, blocking your way, cut the engine, role behind them in neutral -- they won't hear you coming, because the wind blows in their ears -- and when you're 10 meters behind them, start the engine and HONK!

The effect is amazing :lol:

If a cyclist cuts you off or ignores your right of way, don't break right away. He has seen you, believe me. He knows you're there. He is just an asshole, counting on you braking for him.

Brake but only in the last moment, shortly before crashing into him. Then honk! He will be mad at you, calling you names and making obscene gestures. Crank down the window and shout: "I will survive, you idiot, and you will be dead next time you get in my way!"

Cyclists have to be absolutely terrified of cars -- that's the only way they learn to behave in traffic :mrgreen:

Not long ago I had a lively discussion with a female co-worker. She insisted on cyclists having to be treated with special care, because they are so vunerable. I asked her, why they put themselves into mortal danger then so often by provoking cars and violating traffic rules -- for example by riding on the road, when there's a f*cking cycle path.

She didn't have a good answer for that except that she seemed to somehow believe that cyclists have special rights, because they have no crumple zone.

I then asked her, what advantage she had from it, even if cyclists had special rights and then added, that if she ever died in a cycling accident, I would lay a wreath on her grave with the writing: "She's dead but at least she had special rights!"

That's when she fell silent.

Last edited:
^ you sir , get the idea!

*you must spread some more drivingtips around before giving them to MacGuffin again*

Last edited:
Versus and Yahoo Sports. Tonight's Nashville Predators/Detroit Red Wings game is one of the two games Yahoo Sports has available to watch. Despite it being an announced sell out, the video isn't available in the Nashville, and therefore my, area.

Any relatives beyond my first cousins, who act as if they've known you all their life, even if it's the first time you've ever met them, or spoken to them... just because they need a favour from you (even if they don't need anything, for that matter...)

People who don't refill the water filter so when you come to make a drink it takes twice as long because you have to wait for the filter before you can fill the kettle to make coffee or tea. People who leave damp towels on your side of the bed, don't shut cupboard doors and insist on driving their car forwards onto the drive when it's clearly easier and less hazardous to reverse onto it and then drive forwards off it rather than the other way around.

Oh, and people 7" shorter that you who don't move the seat back when they've finished driving your car!!!

But in spite of these I do love her, really!

[...]But in spite of these I do love her, really!
We do seem to have a similar "problem" there ... and I don?t actually know how she does it. I can?t even get my ass on the seat after she?s had a drive. I get stuck between steeringwheel and backrest (and no, I?m not that fat). And I often just don?t recall who was the last to drive the car, especilally when leaving for work in the morning, not 100% awake and not looking if there is enough space for my behind ...

We do seem to have a similar "problem" there ... and I don?t actually know how she does it. I can?t even get my ass on the seat after she?s had a drive. I get stuck between steeringwheel and backrest (and no, I?m not that fat).

yes, same here too... having a wife that's only 5" (150 cm) while I'm a smidge under 6" (178 cm) doesn't help of course

yes, same here too... having a wife that's only 5" (150 cm) while I'm a smidge under 6" (178 cm) doesn't help of course

My dad is roughly 160cm - I'm 190 cm......every time I get in his car, I end up whacking my head on the A-pillar.

I am quite annoyed by a man who says he can't even notice the difference between car models, yet he makes a spur-of-the-moment decision to buy a brand new car just because the dealer offers no downpayment or interest.

And then tells me I can have one "next year".

Soooooo... guess who's going car shopping this weekend?

Reactions: MWF
Hmmm...sounds like the time my dad decided to go out and buy a car without telling me. He traded in his forest green '96 Mazda 626 ES (Canadian-spec with perma-crap transmissions) for a maroon, automatic, '05 Camry LE V6 with no options. When he opened the door to show me what he brought home, I headed upstairs and locked my door. I didn't talk to him for the rest of the day.

Then, when I was present to consult him, he ended up in an '07 Legacy 2.5i SE. Durrr.

^Similar thing happened to me.

I'm around, we have a suzuki swift sedan (back where I was, it's a reasonable car to have for middle class). I go away for summer. Come back, see dad. He goes, "company upgraded my car, I got a choice, and wait till you see it!". I see it... Black Corolla... and HE KNOWS how much I hate Toyotas, and he's all excited about it. I took the cab home, I was so pissed. Specially considering he had the choice between a Civic and a Corolla (keep in mind, that both of these cars are considered pretty prestigious for middle class families back home), and I'd always been on about how I wished we had a civic (I was like 15). My cousin was the one I'd hitch a ride with for a week before my dad and I had a talk about it.

It was so depressing :lol:.