The "Things that annoy me" thread

SNL had one good joke this past weekend. they had a The View sketch, and "jenny Mcarthy" was a guest, shouting about bring proud of being anti-vaccination, and how they are going to all get together in one place, and march down the street. Whoopie asks, "And what day is that?" and looks down at her phone and says, "Oh, I'm gonna be gone that day..."

Cash only restaurants that don’t have signs saying so, nor have ATMs on site.

Was just at a Chinese place like that. No mention of it on their door or inside, brought the bill out on an AmEx branded clipboard, but then refused to take any credit cards. Also checked their site, Yelp and Google Reviews, nothing. Left them my driver’s license while I ran to the gas station across the street to get some cash.

That could be an indication that the place is about to go out of business.

That could be an indication that the place is about to go out of business.

4.5 stars based on 600+ reviews on yelp. 4.5 stars based on 250+ reviews on Google. Totally packed. Wt first I thought their credit card machines were just down, but they weren’t apologetic and said cash only making me think otherwise.

I once pulled into a drive-thru to find a paper sign taped to the speaker that said their credit/debit service was down, cash only, which I did not have. There was already a line of cars, so I couldn't back out. Which meant that I had to wait in line, which took a while, and leave without anything. I was so annoyed by that incident, that I started carrying cash again, out of paranoia. And it's come in handy a couple times.

I may be wrong, but what reasonable business doesn't have the ability to take credit cards?

I rarely go out without some cash. It might just be a few bucks, or it could be several hundred, depending on what is planned for the day. Most individuals want cash when buying stuff.

I have also come across places that had their internet down, and the card machines just don't work.

I may be wrong, but what reasonable business doesn't have the ability to take credit cards?

I rarely go out without some cash. It might just be a few bucks, or it could be several hundred, depending on what is planned for the day. Most individuals want cash when buying stuff.

I have also come across places that had their internet down, and the card machines just don't work.

A lot of mom and pop diners. There’s a burger place on my town that is cash only but has an ATM which I’m guessing is there because the transaction fee is worth it.

I’m trying to figure out a position to stretch out but I can’t find one for my exact needs. About a 2 inch wide spot just above my knees on my thighs is achy to which I can only attribute to traveling. I’ve had maybe two weeks since the first of the year where I haven’t flown somewhere and I think it’s catching up to me. I’ve had to resort going to a chiropractor again as well.

We only except cash and checks at the gate at the racetrack. It's too difficult to get internet at the gate booths. We are taking cards at the concession stands though.

You know how using aftershave sort of stings your face? Well it stings a lot more when you somehow manage to splash some into your eye. Just sayin.

Kevin McCallister didn't seem to have that issue and he was only 8.

I did that years ago.

You know how using aftershave sort of stings your face? Well it stings a lot more when you somehow manage to splash some into your eye. Just sayin.

I remember the Canadian comic Mike Wilmot say a few years ago "Every guy has put after shave on his balls................ once!"

Felt like trying one of those meal delivery services, one of those that sends you all the components of a meal perfectly measured to make. Went through the signup process, chose how many meals a week I want and all that and figured the next step would be to choose likes and dislikes or specific recipes or something, but nope. You need to pay first, then choose the recipes. Well that doesn't make sense! I want to know what I'm paying for before I pay for it.

Anyways, decided to not go through with it. In the 30 minutes since, they've already sent me 2 emails being like "Hey, you didn't finish making your account! Here's a coupon code!" Except the coupon code is for less than the coupon I already had added to my account before I changed my mind. But common, 2 emails in 30 minutes? Now even if I do change my mind, I'm going to go to a different service just out of principle.

Oh, and when I was signing up, they had this on the page

f8cpGFX.png

Well gee, thanks for your kindness. I sure do hope I could unsubscribe anytime for free after paying you money.

Wtf!

If you have any of those fancy grocery stores that has a lunch deli attached to it, see if you can get one of those types of meals. Around the Chicago area we’ve got a local chain called Mariano’s which started making the pre-measured meal packages but without the monthly commitment.

Felt like trying one of those meal delivery services, one of those that sends you all the components of a meal perfectly measured to make. Went through the signup process, chose how many meals a week I want and all that and figured the next step would be to choose likes and dislikes or specific recipes or something, but nope. You need to pay first, then choose the recipes. Well that doesn't make sense! I want to know what I'm paying for before I pay for it.

Anyways, decided to not go through with it. In the 30 minutes since, they've already sent me 2 emails being like "Hey, you didn't finish making your account! Here's a coupon code!" Except the coupon code is for less than the coupon I already had added to my account before I changed my mind. But common, 2 emails in 30 minutes? Now even if I do change my mind, I'm going to go to a different service just out of principle.

Oh, and when I was signing up, they had this on the page

f8cpGFX.png

Well gee, thanks for your kindness. I sure do hope I could unsubscribe anytime for free after paying you money.

While most of those services don't show you the menu in your order process until after you have made some sort of commitment, most of them will allow you to just simply open up their website in another Tab, and view the current menu offerings at least for that week.

Email #3. Mind you, I unsubscribed after email #2.

Some dog owners. Why do they allow these animals to dominate their lives to an extent that would get any human child scolded or even beaten?