The "Things that annoy me" thread

...buy, why though?

Screenshot_20201011-122024_Email.jpg

Those little sleeves you stick onto packaging for a packing slip? I hate those things why? The ones we got stick on fine for the first minute and then the edges start to lift off. Printed on lower third is "Proudly made in the USA." What a load of garbage, can't even make a good adhesive.

For about a year or more, I’ve noticed I get tired around 5PM (17) central US time. After that it’s a struggle to push myself to stay awake until typical bedtime which is between 9:30-10:30PM.

Those little sleeves you stick onto packaging for a packing slip? I hate those things why? The ones we got stick on fine for the first minute and then the edges start to lift off. Printed on lower third is "Proudly made in the USA." What a load of garbage, can't even make a good adhesive.

Reminds me of the chevy vans that have a little sticker about child safety locks on the side windows. They have “Printed in the U. S. A” in the same font and size as the actual warning itself.

Seems like a rotation of stupid busy to nothing lately. This is one of those weeks where I barely finish writing something down that another call comes in and somehow need to manage that. I feel like this.

tumblr_1855a2f0131835be00a25792fee21ae6_97389070_1280.png

Emails from classmates.com.

"Whoa, your profile is getting some serious traffic!!" (an actual, verbatim quote from their email)

"Views this year: 1"

I wish the potheads on public transport took better care of their personal hygiene. I don’t mind them smoking the stuff, but the stench from them and their clothes turns my stomach. :sick2:

eBay buyers filing "I haven't received my item yet" complaints, when it shipped on time, they have a tracking number showing that the status is delayed, but it's still in transit.

The ever-useful information you can get from Amazon reviews:

1603941824508.png

One 5-star rating, one 1-star rating, no reviews explaining either rating.

Schroedinger's product review.

When companies say things like, "The iPhone 13/X Box Series z/Nvidia 4080ti is the most powerful iPhone/X Box/GPU we've ever created".

Well, no shit. Why would that even need to be said? "Yeah, we have a new iPhone, but rolled back on speed compared to the last one. It wqs so fast, people had too much free time to spend on social media, so we slowed down all of the new phones, and cut the RAM so multi-tasking is basically impossible."

When companies say things like, "The iPhone 13/X Box Series z/Nvidia 4080ti is the most powerful iPhone/X Box/GPU we've ever created".

Well, no shit. Why would that even need to be said? "Yeah, we have a new iPhone, but rolled back on speed compared to the last one. It wqs so fast, people had too much free time to spend on social media, so we slowed down all of the new phones, and cut the RAM so multi-tasking is basically impossible."
There are non-flagship middle-of-the-road models where they *don't* say that.

There are non-flagship middle-of-the-road models where they *don't* say that.
Fair. A poor example then...but it's regularly used when a company only launches one product, and they feel the need to tell us it's the "best/most powerful ever."