The "Things that annoy me" thread

The one thing that infuriates me more than anything else on iOS and I have been hoping for about years that this would get fixed.

DB77A241-2C13-47C0-AB47-EE0571949E54.jpeg

B2AED3FF-C356-45CD-9429-4C4754665415.jpeg

Please explain. I never used an iPhone.

OH
The writing over the mailbox written "Work" made me think it was something related to that...

My notification says 1,019 at the minute so I've never had that annoyance. :LOL:

That's all personal emails too, mostly sales stuff that I want but don't read past the subject.

That would drive me insane :| I also have quite a few mails that I don't read past the subject, but then I mark it read after that anyway... that is also why I instantly knew what the issue was with the aboveposted screenshots.

... I should add: I don't use the iOS email client for my main personal email anyway - so it rarely hits me these days.

That would drive me insane :|
Fortunate that I'm past that point then. :D

I just ignore them, I also have 59 'unread' SMS messages because I just read them in the notifications. I have moments of motivation where I clear them out but it doesn't take long for me to get behind, kind of like how I slowly lost track of Telegram chats over the last couple of months and just don't read them any more.

God damn it, IKEA, what the hell?

Today I was at my mothers, she has panel curtains with these sliding rails. One slider broke, but she had spare ones so I went to change it. I wondered why I was able to unscrew one of the tiny screws holding the slider to the curtain holder, but not the second. It turns out that one of the two screws has a left-hand thread while the other has a right-hand thread. :blink: Because of that I wasn't aware that I tightened one of the screws instead of unscrewing it, and since the slider is plastic I was able to continue driving the screw even though it neither went in nor out of the thread...

God damn it, IKEA, what the hell?

Today I was at my mothers, she has panel curtains with these sliding rails. One slider broke, but she had spare ones so I went to change it. I wondered why I was able to unscrew one of the tiny screws holding the slider to the curtain holder, but not the second. It turns out that one of the two screws has a left-hand thread while the other has a right-hand thread. :blink: Because of that I wasn't aware that I tightened one of the screws instead of unscrewing it, and since the slider is plastic I was able to continue driving the screw even though it neither went in nor out of the thread...

One of the things that I can't stand about Ikea is their specialty fasteners sometimes.

Calling my dog when I am near the door to put her out and she won't come.

Ten minutes later she tells me she wants out. Really?

Also, sugar free ice cream.

Capture.PNG

Only a $5,000 training case that UPS can't return to me for some reason. Filed a claim as this was sent to the customer over Thanksgiving, never made it and since the training course has been completed, I want it back.

The trainees have the other 2 and I'm only slightly pissed they haven't sent them back yet either. That's another story.

I would like cell phone voicemail boxes to automatically delete messages or have unlimited storage. Just had to end a call with a guy I need information from because his mailbox is full. Great, so now I can't even make doubly sure he knows why I'm calling...

i disabled my voice mail, and i have never ever left a message on a voice mail, the moment it picks up, i kill the connection
i hate voicemail

Looks like you might be... Screwed.

It was my own fault. This screw, when tightened, expands a split plastic washer so that it reduced the play of a bar in a slot. Stupid me kept cranking and cranking on the screw, before realizing that they send more washers to put on the other side in the case of an unusually-wide slot, which I could have used instead, and then not crank these so tight.

I broke a set of tin snips 10 years ago because I thought it was smart to try and cut a bracket that was made of braided steel rods. It was meant to hold up a gutter on an old house. It worked for 2, then broke on the 3rd. Note that I was about 18/19 at the time. :)

As a result of a fraudulent retailer, I have a pair of Oakley-branded sunglasses instead of what I ordered (a 80lb miter saw...long story).

But...they were shipped directly from China. I don't know if they are real or fake, or even if they block UV. I would use them if they actually blocked UV, or I might even consider donating them...however if they don't block UV they can do more damage to your eyes since your pupils open up wider due to the tint, allowing in more UV light....and in that case I would definitely not even donate them, and would trash them.

Annoyingly, I actually bought a UV-flashlight. Unfortunately, I eventually found out that it wasn't actually a uv flashlight, it too was fraudulent and just has a bright purple light.

I'd hate to throw them away if someone could actually use them (if they are safe)...but have no way of knowing if they are without buying another, more expensive UV flashlight.

Oh my god, it's 4 days before Christmas, FFS. We're never apart, and only going out to grocery shop together. Stop asking me "What did you get?" and "What was that package?" every time an unmarked box gets delivered to the house with my name on it. :ROFLMAO: