The "Things that annoy me" thread

Whoever thought this was worth publishing:

1635021551501.png

Exerpts:

1635021584947.png

1635021621585.png

Looking through an online copy of my old high school year book (I don't remember who this was, or who's yearbook they scanned for this archive, but they really should have spent 10 minutes to 'shop this out.

1635054145771.png

Looking through an online copy of my old high school year book (I don't remember who this was, or who's yearbook they scanned for this archive, but they really should have spent 10 minutes to 'shop this out.

View attachment 3562821

Wow! What a douchebag!

qCI6dHx.jpeg

this is not the funny maths thread...

View attachment 3562821
Well, I contacted the site that was hosting it, and they basically said, "Great! Thanks for letting us know. Instead of attempting to remove it, blur it, or simply blacking it out with a big black box, we're just going to go ahead and remove the entire yearbook until we get ahold of a 'clean' copy...of this yearbook from 24 years ago."

*sigh*

Last edited:
Well, you tried.

"This OEM in Italy claims they never had to fill this process app before."

Well no shit, you've never bought from a US office before, why the hell do you think you never had to complete this form previously?

You'll still want to try to order it as soon as possible, if supply is anything like it is in the US. We bought the one we did a few months ago because it was the only one that wasn't complete garbage and was actually in stock, even though it was about 50% higher than what we planned to spend on a dishwasher.

Absolutely. I tried ordering a suitable replacement and got the runaround on the web. I entered all the data at the one store that claimed to have it in stock and then proceeded to checkout only to find that the "pay now" button was grey and not clickable for no apparent reason. After several repeats in different browsers, I tried their app, which finally notified me at the exact same step that the item couldn't be delivered after all because it was out of stock. :rolleyes:

I'll go to the used appliance store where we got the current dishwasher, it lasted seven years and only ever needed minor repairs which I was able to do myself. Better than nothing.

Surely there’s used dishwashers on Kleinenzaigen if worst comes to it?

COP26.

It's ground the city to a standstill, increased traffic with road closures on top of already significant roadworks on the now sole route through the city.

The other day I left my flat and could still see my flat from the car 15 mins later, at 19:45 It's like rush hour now lasts from 6:30 to 21:00.

Spent a lot of last week in Edinburgh, which is very anti-car and a pain to drive in itself. All in it was taking 2hrs to get there, an 8hr work day and then another 2+ hrs to get home. Shite.

At least it's been announced "historic" cars over 30 years old are exempt from the Glasgow low emission zone, so my whole fleet is exempt. ?

Fun fact : due to the massive number of EVs that are onroad to COP26, there aren’t actually enough chargers for them all. Which is ironic because they’re advocating we all go EV, while simultaneously proving that today, that isn’t really possible

Fun fact : due to the massive number of EVs that are onroad to COP26, there aren’t actually enough chargers for them all. Which is ironic because they’re advocating we all go EV, while simultaneously proving that today, that isn’t really possible
I came to this conclusion a month or so ago. :LOL:

Development of EV infrastructure here is somewhere between not enough and enough for private companies to start ripping people off.