The "Things that annoy me" thread

enough for private companies to start ripping people off
So also not enough because there’s no proper competition? :D

I’ve followed a few EV people on Twitter going on a Glasgow road trip, who seem to be having zero problems. But then again they’re also going at a fairly leisurely pace, so they might be ok with having to wait.

It’s heavily dependant on where you live though. I’ve had one occurance in 3 years where there was no charger available. Even the super fast ones like Ionity which I’ve only used a couple of times, I was never alone, and often all 4 stalls were busy. Given they’re super duper expensive, there’s money to be made there

As an owner of a non-Tesla EV, I just wish the local explosion of publically-available chargers at shipping centers, office buildings, etc weren't all Tesla chargers. The local mall just installed 40. My girlfriend's client's office building just installed 12. All Tesla chargers.

As an owner of a non-Tesla EV, I just wish the local explosion of publically-available chargers at shipping centers, office buildings, etc weren't all Tesla chargers. The local mall just installed 40. My girlfriend's client's office building just installed 12. All Tesla chargers.
It’s Apple lightning cable all over again.

In an article about the Alec Baldwin movie set shooting, a paragraph started with:

"The Boss Baby actor..."

I guess so, but I've had several good experiences with that store. And they deliver, which means I don't have to rent a van.
replacement dishwasher: €270,-

delivery and disposal of the old one: €45,-

me actually checking if everything still works after putting it in its place, but before putting all the décor back in place:
Yeah, that would have been all sorts of nice. :wall: I pinched the wastewater hose, so of course, I had to start over.

Numb nuts here drove his girlfriend home and then left the heated rear screen on and flattened the battery...
20211031_233951.jpg
That's not the annoying bit, the annoying bit is we went to jump start it and none of her family's cars had accessible battery terminals which could be clamped to.

The 2020 Fiesta had some mad plastic contraption in the way, the 2018 Picanto was slightly better in that the earth clamped but the live had to be held in place.

What was wrong with universal terminals/clamps? (yes, I know about the smol Japanese ones, they can still be gripped with jump leads though).

Good to see that nothing has changed in the Captain_70s world of motoring.

Get yourself one of those little lithium jump packs, just don't try and start an old 2.5 diesel with a really flat battery because the lithium battery in mine really didn't like that. I should really throw it away.

Unvaccinated Muslims who get an entire page(!) In a newspaper to whine and complain about how they lost their wife and unborn child to covid, and in the same vain get to accuse the hospital and the powers that be for 'not doing enough'.

Guess what Abdullah, you and your wife had every chance to get vaccinated and show some common courtesy to your fellow Belgians, but you refused, 'for religious reasons'.
Just like the rest of you lot, you continue to refuse to integrate and to help public health, so don't come crying now, wanna blame someone, blame your Iman for putting those backward ideas in your head.

Their, 'imaginary friend' has been the subject of much debate in Belgium, to the point were I feel afraid to call myself a Catholic, for 'they' are taking over.......lovely people.

replacement dishwasher: €270,-

delivery and disposal of the old one: €45,-

me actually checking if everything still works after putting it in its place, but before putting all the décor back in place:
Yeah, that would have been all sorts of nice. :wall: I pinched the wastewater hose, so of course, I had to start over.

I've replaced washing machines and helped friends move etc etc many times. Every country seems to have their own idea of what comes with a place and what you need to bring, and for some weird reason you almost always take your washing machine with you when you move while the fridge and dishwasher stays. But I digress.

Nobody around me has ever questioned if it's alright to install your own washing machine. Fresh water, waste water and power cable. Done. Installing dishwashers, meanwhile, is something that makes people ask for help. That fresh water, waste water and power cable sure is complicated...

That fresh water, waste water and power cable sure is complicated...
In my case, the problem was the awkward routing of the wastewater hose. I had to route it along the back walls of a corner cabinet (long story) which meant cutting holes into its side walls. I had originally put one of the two holes in the wrong place, which had led to the problem with the pinched/squeezed/bent hose.

A second attempt had worked, but of course I put the hose through the wrong hole when I installed the second dishwasher.

See how good I can be at making my life unnecessarily complicated?

Their, 'imaginary friend' has been the subject of much debate in Belgium, to the point were I feel afraid to call myself a Catholic, for 'they' are taking over.......lovely people.
Well… at least you’d have your Catholic buddies if push came to shove. Me? They might well get into a “how to kill the atheist” competition with the other religions.

I had to route it along the back walls of a corner cabinet (long story) which meant cutting holes into its side walls.
... same here :| also for the sink ofc, because apparently whoever built the place was drunk while they were doing it. they put the water connectors on the only wall in the kitchen where you can't actually put the sink / worktop, because then you wouldn't be able to walk through the door anymore. also they moved the dishwasher-socket (you know, separately fused) to the opposite side of the room, smart!

apparently whoever built the place was drunk
Noice! ? In my case, the kitchen is in a different room than in the other apartments in the same part of the building, so that’s why the connectors are in an awkward place: on the outside wall just to the right of the window.

We wanted to be able to open the window and get to the radiator beneath it - fanciful, I know - so the sink went next to the window and the only place for the dishwasher was around the corner.

So I suppose weird plumbing is another annoyance of mine.

lets....
... same here :| also for the sink ofc, because apparently whoever built the place was drunk while they were doing it.

You’ve met plumbers and contractors, right?