The "Things that annoy me" thread

Hoarders in Germany are going for flour and toilet paper again, just like they did at the start of the “lockdowns” we had that barely deserved their name. Yeast doesn’t seem to be a problem this time, but cooking oil is. Sunflower was gone first and now the alternatives are getting scarcer. Same for noodles, oats, semolina and similar things.
And only certain kinds of pasta. The fuck?

And only certain kinds of pasta. The fuck?

I use “noodles” synonymously with “pasta”, but you’re correct anyway. Some kinds fly off the shelves and others are available as always.

All normal here.

"Specially imported". :p

As far as the cooking oil, the idea of everyone watching the Car Throttle video about running a car on the stuff and buying it to ruin their cars amuses me. It's tempting to do that with the bobtail but I frankly can't be bothered, I don't drive it enough.

You can’t use cooking oil in modern diesel engines, no matter how much people are warned there will still be people who ignore it and try it anyway. :p

I don't see a problem with that, same as I don't mind hex keys being on a keyring or in a flip out deal. It doesn't really interfere with use and stops people like me from gradually losing them. :p

It might not be that much of an issue if you’re only measuring dry ingredients, but even then I wouldn’t want to get e.g. corn starch on more spoons than necessary.

And it's one thing when it's dry ingredients and maybe you wipe 'em off with your thumb, or apron or something, but then they'll use it to measure vinegar or vanilla or something, and then let then all clump together in their apron pocket.

I have 3 identical sets of measuring spoons, with round bottoms so they nest, and then I have them separated by size. Ha! yeah, I'm that neurotic with my measuring spoons apparently...

My brain won't let me just use one of the suggested essay topics for my class. I always have to torture myself with thinking I need to break some new ground when I'm just some rando writing a short homework essay about one of the most famous texts in the world over the last few centuries, written by one of the most-dissected authors of all time. Just let me do one of the suggested ones, and be OK with it.

Soccer players, see my rant up here some where about their supporters, these guys are just as bad, a bunch of skinny bitches who act like they own the world.......seriously dude? An american quarterback would tear you in half, I can tear you in half, and I get tired watching sports on tv, you are a ballkicker, slender, short, skinny, in a war they would make you a scout, not a warrior.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe life is not about who could potentially kick whose ass in a fight? And it should never be that way either? All those attributes you throw around? Entirely irrelevant.
I hate soccer as well but man, those guys are getting paid for doing a sport they (hopefully still) love - sounds like a winner to me 🤷‍♂️

See dude, life is very much about who can kick who's ass, both physically and especially figuratively, life is a constant battle for space, money, power, if you are lucky enough to be born and live in lala pacifist land were everything is peace and candy and you never had to fight for anything good for you, but we weren't all that lucky.

Last edited: