The "Things that annoy me" thread

These weeds in my neighbor's back yard. This fence is just under 7ft tall. šŸ˜…

The funny thing is that they paved their entire back yard (creating runoff issues with every adjacent lot) to avoid weeds.

View attachment 3565426

The masking tape still on the top of the window just adds to the IDGAF attitude.

The masking tape still on the top of the window just adds to the IDGAF attitude.
Itā€™s seeing houses like that, that makes it hard for me to start a project. My motivation to do repairs on the house are so hard because they arenā€™t one day and done jobs. So they feel like they never end and my motivation runs out quickly after that.

Itā€™s seeing houses like that, that makes it hard for me to start a project. My motivation to do repairs on the house are so hard because they arenā€™t one day and done jobs. So they feel like they never end and my motivation runs out quickly after that.

The dragstrip has taught me that projects can't be done quickly. Sometimes it's a little bit at a time over a longer period, other times it's a lot of work over a short time. Just depends on when a project needs completed.

Pile on the drama! I did say BLIND capitalism. Capitalism needs to be kept on a leash.
I'm sorry dude, I'm a bit on edge these days it seems, wish I could pin down why.......to many idiots in my direct enviroment I think.

Logging into anything these days.

"sign in please"

*click*

"username please"

*click*

"password please"

*click*

"welcome to the front page of not what you were just looking at."

"sign in please"

*click*

"username please"

*click*

"password please"

*click*

"welcome to the front page of not what you were just looking at."

No captcha? Lucky you.

"sign in please"

*click*

"username please"

*click*

"password please"

*click*

You missed:
"password incorrect"

*click*

"password incorrect"

*click*

"password incorrect"

*click*

"password incorrect"

*click*

"Would you like to reset your password?"

*clicks "yes"*

"Enter new password"

*types the password you thought you were using the whole time*

"You cannot reuse your previous password"

*click* *bang*

There's a fly in this truck with me. I can't seem to kill it, I can't seem to get it to go out a window. It keeps landing on me and I hate it.

That is one of the things the old vent window was helpful with.

Ads on Facebook that clearly are scam and still passed moderation.

Right now I scrolled by an ad for "cheap mobile data" and then a list of different monthly data caps. Ad was in Finnish so clearly targeted at Finnish users. The problem is that a Finn doesn't know what a "data cap" is to begin with.

Oh and it says Gb when it should say GB.

I was taking my surround sound receiver out of the cabinet itā€™s live in for 6 years, balanced on poorly on a table and it fell on my toes. My right 3rd and 4th toes still hurt if I touch them. Only been a few days.

I was taking my surround sound receiver out of the cabinet itā€™s live in for 6 years, balanced on poorly on a table and it fell on my toes. My right 3rd and 4th toes still hurt if I touch them. Only been a few days.

You may have broken your toes.

Agreed, now toes should heal on their own provided you can give them some rest, otherwise, get a doctors note and some time off work cause shit like this can really come back and bite you in the long run.

In a class discussion, someone wrote: "Steve Carell's success in the Netflix and Peacock hit mockumentary series The Office (2005-2013)..."

"Netflix and Peacock hit...The Office"

giphy.gif

The pizza chain that is trying to force you to use their app/website to order.

The website is terrible! They show a deal right on the main page, but won't let you see more than a picture and the price without starting an order. Why can't I just see what is in the damn deal? Is it an industry secret? Will children be harmed? Seriously, give me a chance to see what is available through this deal before I have to start putting my order together.

Then I get my order sorted and then you tell me the store computer is not responding? ? ? That might be a good place to start.

I did get the pizza and it was really good. At least they get that part of the process right.

Last edited:
Living in Portugal makes me understand why many things in Brazil are the way they are. The similarities are infuriating.
Case in point: I live at the ground floor, and someone in an apartment in a higher dropped an entire window pane.
Obviously, glass shards went everywhere.
It's been a week.
No one cared. Glass shards are scattered further and further each day, and I am considering sweeping and picking them up, because every time I walk by it annoys me.
On the other hand, they really look right at home with all the cigarette butts, dot shit and random scattered trash on the ground.

Weā€™ve had 30 degrees for a week now and there are news stories about the elderly suffering in the care homes. This shit every year. Why is air conditioning still considered a luxury and not a basic utility? You wouldnā€™t build a house without heating.