The "Things that annoy me" thread

Electric car fanatics......jeesus.

'They are affordable for everyone know' sure....everyone can afford a 30k brandnew car only to end up in a tiny plastic soupcan.

'You can go anywhere in them'......sure, as long as you never stray to far from your village, like a good little square.....South of France or the Highlands in one charge? Forget about it.

'Electricity is cheap' , no it just fucking is not, studies show that in this country with it's terrible power management, driving electric is the most expensive way to go currently, this is calculated on home charging only, forget about the fees on public charging post.

'You can charge anywhere' How many public charging point are there in this town? Answer: it's none.

What they really get annoyed about is when you mention that the whole electric car lark is a huge step backwards and that governements are using it to low-key restrict our freedom......conspiracy theorist! Tin hat! Fool!

Sure buddy, stay nice and complayant, nice and quiet, a good little citisen, never causing a fuss, be sure you pay your taxes on time now you hear! So they can spend it on people here to replace you.

Uhm... an EV is a choice. It works well for some, alright for many and not at all for some others. What it certainly is not is a government plot to limit your freedom to move around.

Uhm... an EV is a choice. It works well for some, alright for many and not at all for some others. What it certainly is not is a government plot to limit your freedom to move around.
Sure thing sheeple, sure thing, cause governments never do anything to limit your freedom do they?

For my class with the most reading (almost 200 pages of the textbook this week), the quizzes and tests assigned are always on some bullshit factoid, rather than the larger concepts. Like the specific year some intermediary step of a larger process happened in another country, rather than what the process was trying to accomplish. Which means, that my notes for almost 200 pages of reading is effectively copying down every fact mentioned in nearly every sentence.

Sounds like history class in school and why it was uninteresting when it could have been awesome.

I feel your pain. I had a good history teacher in grades 7 and 8, a terrible one in 9 and 10 and then picked history for grades 12 and 13 because the teacher was the same as in 7 and 8. But since he was confined to the limits of the curriculum, there was only so much he could do to keep things interesting.

It’s been almost twenty years since I’ve graduated, so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but said curriculum was definitely very incomplete. If something happened outside of mainland Europe (mostly Germany and France) or after the mid-1930s, you were lucky to hear about it at all.

For instance, we went over the French Revolution several times and spent a great deal of time on it, but IIRC, the causal connection between it and the American Revolutionary War was a side note at best.

Responded on Reddit to someone's HelpMeFind post.

Someone replied with a general, but not entirely accurate, term for the sort of type of item. Like if someone posted a croque monsieur, and they responded with "sandwich".

I respond with the actual manufacturer, the product name of the exact pictured product, provided a link to the pricing as well as an estimate, a description of what the order process looks like, what to expect in terms of delivery, and why these things are the way they are, as well as how to find more affordable alternatives.

First guy got the "Found!" point.

Tried to talk to my doctor. She's only in on Mondays and Thursday at this facility.

Called the main hospital line at 3PM, then got transferred to the "specialty" department. After being on hold for 40 minutes, someone picks up, I tell them what I need, and they forward me to another department who tells me that I need to talk to the clinic and that I should call back and ask for that.

Called back and asked for the clinic. When I hear the greeting message, I recognize it as who I was on hold for for 40 minutes who then transferred me to somewhere else. 36 minutes later, I give a brief description of what I need, and she says "hold on...", there's silence for 20-30 seconds, and then it hangs up.

I call back again where I'm on hold for 21 minutes, and then it hangs up on me.

I call back again, at 4:50, to an automated "Sorry, we are closed."

IT systems that put dates in filenames - e. g. for documents the customer can download - and use a date format that fucks up file sorting, namely ddMMyyyy (or even worse, ddMMyy) which is fine in conversation or written text, but utterly useless in any kind of list. The only acceptable format is yyyy-MM-dd. I might accept yyyyMMdd if for some reason the hyphens that improve readability can't be used.

I'm so annoyed by this that I actually suggested changing the format to my car insurance after I downloaded the bill for next year. Let's see if and with what kind of bullshit they reply. :D

IT systems that put dates in filenames - e. g. for documents the customer can download - and use a date format that fucks up file sorting, namely ddMMyyyy (or even worse, ddMMyy) which is fine in conversation or written text, but utterly useless in any kind of list. The only acceptable format is yyyy-MM-dd. I might accept yyyyMMdd if for some reason the hyphens that improve readability can't be used.

I'm so annoyed by this that I actually suggested changing the format to my car insurance after I downloaded the bill for next year. Let's see if and with what kind of bullshit they reply. :D
Or how about when their date schema has the month's name, rather than its number, so it goes April, August, December, February, January, July, June, March, May, November, October, September?

200.gif

Last edited:
Why is it that every time you're at a lunch buffét and in a hurry, the persons in front of you haven't ever seen food before? Or used a debit card terminal?

These people probably drove a Qashqai.

Or how about when their date schema has the month's name, rather than its number, so it goes April, August, December, February, January, July, June, March, May, November, October, September?

200.gif

I feel your pain. Most forms at my work specify the date format, but of course, the format changes from form to form. And they’re completed by various people, not just me.

Peak stupidity was reached when I got a finger wagging for a date in the wrong format that had been written down by a courier from a different European country, in a section that is usually filled in by hospital staff. But we were in the middle of a pandemic running a blood stem cell relay with handovers at borders and airports, so there wasn’t any hospital staff available. And I didn’t catch the other person’s completely inconsequential “mistake” because I had just spent hours driving across the width of the country in a snowstorm that had paralysed the northern half of Germany.

I've been looking at real estate listings for homes in a different area.

1) Seemingly every house in our range has tile kitchen countertops (gross)
2) Almost none of them are visible on Google Streetview. Most subdivisions are skipped in this area, it seems. The house I was just looking at was built in 2002, and it's still not been street-viewed. The last house I looked at was photographed...in 2014, when it was a different house on that lot.

Teacher is upset that so few people logged into this week's class.

So he spent the first 20 minutes lecturing all of us who have attended about why it's important to come to class. The most straight-forward "Preaching to the choir" I've experienced in a long while.

[edit: 30 minutes. At least he's acknowledged it, but still...]

Last edited:
Every f-ing year around this time my in laws expect us to start buying/ordering their holiday gifts for our children, at some point with the other (older) grandchildren they decided it was easier to let their children buy the presents for the grandchildren (with their money) than actually buying them themselves.
The upside is that we decide what they get, however the downside is that they don't only expect us to buy the presents but we are supposed to give them a detailed list of what we bought for which child including the exact prices. First of all I'm not a bloody accountant and secondly we aren't allowed to overspend the budget (which makes sense) nor underspend. So if we dare to spend 325euro of the total budget of 330euro, they get mad as well. Luckily the last couple of years they've started to loosen a bit in the sense that now it's ok for them if we buy a 25euro gift for occasion 1 and a 35euro gift for occasion 2 as long as the grand total evens out.

This year I managed to spend 330,06euro, so I'm quite proud of myself :ROFLMAO:. But the amount of time it takes every year is frustrating. If we make a list in advance, go to the shop and some items of our list are on sale we can start all over again 'cause then we somehow have to spend e certain amount more.

Every f-ing year around this time my in laws expect us to start buying/ordering their holiday gifts for our children, at some point with the other (older) grandchildren they decided it was easier to let their children buy the presents for the grandchildren (with their money) than actually buying them themselves.
The upside is that we decide what they get, however the downside is that they don't only expect us to buy the presents but we are supposed to give them a detailed list of what we bought for which child including the exact prices. First of all I'm not a bloody accountant and secondly we aren't allowed to overspend the budget (which makes sense) nor underspend. So if we dare to spend 325euro of the total budget of 330euro, they get mad as well. Luckily the last couple of years they've started to loosen a bit in the sense that now it's ok for them if we buy a 25euro gift for occasion 1 and a 35euro gift for occasion 2 as long as the grand total evens out.

This year I managed to spend 330,06euro, so I'm quite proud of myself :ROFLMAO:. But the amount of time it takes every year is frustrating. If we make a list in advance, go to the shop and some items of our list are on sale we can start all over again 'cause then we somehow have to spend e certain amount more.
Oh, man...I'm so glad I don't work retail anymore. Your post gave me PTSD. I've had customers like you take up a whole shift. :lmao:

Oh, man...I'm so glad I don't work retail anymore. Your post gave me PTSD. I've had customers like you take up a whole shift. :lmao:
We usually even have back-up plans, I personnaly hate the kind of people who claim shop employees for hours making it impossible for anyone else to get any help :rolleyes:.
If an item is on sale any normal person would think "ok, we had to spend less but we get the desired value in return". But no, not my in laws, because it would be unfair towards the other children if they spent less for one of them. Like a 4-9 year old gives a damn or even has a clue about prices and value.

I feel like as a grandparent, I'd probably just take 'em where they wanted to go, hand 'em the money, and say "...and keep the change, ya filthy animal."