The "Things that annoy me" thread

How hard can it be to get these things right, one might ask?
it's probably a money thing :|

in this case, it's even worse though, because actually connecting a USB-PD source can lead the software in the camera to crash. which means to the average consumer it behaves like it's bricked until you find the reset-procedure (easy enough) in the FAQ. that should not be necessary or even possible, imo. having the device simply not charge is annoying, but to have the device crash is completely unacceptable.

A textbook says that a word "rhymes with 'hearse', without the 'r'."

H...how....what?

how-why.gif

When you’re on your 30 minute lunch break and the couple in front of you apparently haven’t ever seen food before because they need to contemplate and discuss every single thing in the buffet. Just get on with it.

🤣 The story needs to go on a bit. How do we pay? Which way does the card go in the reader? Where should we sit?

🤣 The story needs to go on a bit. How do we pay? Which way does the card go in the reader? Where should we sit?
There's way worse things that can (and do) happen. Here's just some of them.

- not knowing what you want and going BACK to get something that didn't seem nice at the time, but now looks like your best option.
- walking the wrong way completely
- not knowing how to pay. Card? Cash?
- not understanding contactless payment and putting the card into the device, then needing several minutes to remember the pincode

There's way worse things that can (and do) happen. Here's just some of them.

- not knowing what you want and going BACK to get something that didn't seem nice at the time, but now looks like your best option.
- walking the wrong way completely
- not knowing how to pay. Card? Cash?
- not understanding contactless payment and putting the card into the device, then needing several minutes to remember the pincode
You can also add to this list similar people going into a lengthy rant about how it’s their constitutional human rights to pay with cash and that cards or all kinds of digital payment options are evil and part of the Klaus Schwab, WEF, great reset scheme.

Last edited:
Or the person who camps out waiting for the neck tray of wings or crab legs, and then takes them all.

Or the kids being messy idiots at the soft serve dispenser.

Or the people who feel that just because they've already been through the whole "line" (the general flow of circulating traffic) that they get to reach in front of you to get something right this instant, rather than waiting 10 seconds for you to finish since there's nobody behind you. They probably drive like that, too.

That's why, whenever I can, I cook at home, using "simple" or "easy" recipes from youtube.

View: https://youtu.be/NGgpSWcaV1U?si=rYtFFmWAfeK3Md6Q

You can also add to this list similar people going into a lengthy rant about how it’s their constitutional human rights to pay with cash and that cards or all kinds of digital payment options are evil and part of the Klaus Schwab, WEF, great reset scheme.

Wasting the precious lunch break of everyone behind you because you’re being a bit oblivious is not the same thing as being one of Putin’s Useful Idiots.

Wasting the precious lunch break of everyone behind you because you’re being a bit oblivious is not the same thing as being one of Putin’s Useful Idiots.
If you don't know how to behave at a buffet, it is a clear sign of a diseased mind...

I've absolutely been stuck behind someone in line who was shouting about the N.W.O., Bill Gates and George Soros because the food truck doesn't take cash. 😅

I bought something online for my mother, she tried to give me cash for it and I just kind of looked blank. That stuff is no use to me, I can't spend it online, don't get cashback for spending it and it's just inconvenient. On the flip side, transferring the money to me via bank transfer is more hassle for her as she doesn't use a banking app. It's better for her to keep the cash as she would otherwise need to go to a cash machine to get it, I transfer money to her pretty regularly, so it'll just balance out in the next payment.

Iceland was wonderful for cashless payments when I was there in 2018, they totally get it. Makes sense when your house may be consumed by a volcano at any moment. We're getting there in the UK, even at small events most vendors will accept card without grumbling.

Seriously, tell me.
I, too, would love to know. I still carry a single 20€ note in between my cards on the back of my phone because of a weird feeling that I may at some point need it (this being germany after all). apart from that, I pay everything with the watch.
even at small events most vendors will accept card without grumbling.
I'm still flabberghasted how many people try and tell me that card payments are more expensive than cash to the vendor. Which is wild... because have you done the math about how much hassle handling cash actually is? And I feel that the hassle actually goes up (on a totally scientific "hassle per dollar" basis) the smaller your total volume is - so I'd always argue that cashless is actually better for smaller vendors.

Recently I needed a key copied.
2.5€
"I don't take cards and I don't have change."

My brother in Christ, how could you make it more inconvenient to me, I ponder?

Yes, give me a cashless future, and also don't give me the "5€ minimun" bullshit.

View attachment 3571036

Seriously, tell me.
My dream is a world where you can pay everything with your phone, and we're slowly getting there.
Sure some exceptions are still there, but I dream of never having to carry notes and coins ever again

I actually had a Rewe grocery store cashier ask me if I had cash to pay for some things and I just told her no…. You like adding up change?

@NooDle & @eizbaer , because I have it and don't feel like depositing it in the bank? At least I'm not paying by check.

Plus, not every place has NFC here. We are just now getting to the point we don't have to swipe and can use a chip.

Cash is still very prevalent in the US. We only started taking cards at the dragstrip last year.

because I have it and don't feel like depositing it in the bank?
Oh yeah, that's entirely valid - gotta get rid of the stuff somehow!
Your original post somehow made me think you paid in cash exclusively and by personal choice (above to me is more of an external force making your do it).

Plus, not every place has NFC here.
that is something I'm still actually surprised by: how bloody quickly it changed from certain smaller stores (bakeries and suchlike) not accepting credit cards at all to everybody running contactless. might've been a covid thing.

That may be the thing : I don’t have any cash on me(aside for an emergency 20€ note specifically for the few places where there are no terminals)
I also don’t want to have it, maybe thats even more important. If I lose/forget my wallet I am out of 20€, I can get a new card quite easily, and while I'm waiting I can still use my phone to pay for (almost) everything.

Also, most of the ATMs here work both ways, as in, you can put physical money in them and they will deposit it on your bank account immediately.
I recently sold some of my kids bikes, and the buyer just handed me a bunch of 50€ notes.... I drove to the bank immediately, as I don't want to be walking around with that much cash, feels wrong...

(I may be weird / young / millenial / lazy / all of the above though)