The "Things that annoy me" thread

This very much depends, imo. If you're watching a Wes Anderson movie, you better leave that shit alone! If you're watching a 90s TV series? CROP THAT SHIT DOWN who gives a F :p
That was exactly my point.
I would watch the 90s TV series uncropped for nostalgia reasons, but you do you. :LOL:

On Thursday I booked a one-way ticket to Berlin by train on June 8th that cost me 59,80 Euros including a ticket for a bicycle. Today out of curiosity I searched for the same ticket, now it costs just 47,80 Euros. :shakefist:

On Thursday I booked a one-way ticket to Berlin by train on June 8th that cost me 59,80 Euros including a ticket for a bicycle. Today out of curiosity I searched for the same ticket, now it costs just 47,80 Euros. :shakefist:

Are you sure it’s for the very same train? Only because I have never, ever seen a fare go down.

Yup, it's ICE 703 from Hamburg Hbf to Berlin Hbf, departing at 07:36h in Hamburg. I booked "Sparpreis" which gives you the option of cancelling up until one day before departure for a fee of 7 Euros so if you search for the connection you'll get a starting price of 40,80 Euros for the "Super-Sparpreis". Only once you select that specific connection departing at 07:36h you'll get the "Sparpreis" offer for 7 Euros more.

Yup, it's ICE 703 from Hamburg Hbf to Berlin Hbf, departing at 07:36h in Hamburg. I booked "Sparpreis" which gives you the option of cancelling up until one day before departure for a fee of 7 Euros so if you search for the connection you'll get a starting price of 40,80 Euros for the "Super-Sparpreis". Only once you select that specific connection departing at 07:36h you'll get the "Sparpreis" offer for 7 Euros more.

Yup, I too see €47,80 for a 2nd class Sparpreis plus bicycle. However, there’s also a €59,80 Sparpreis for a first class ticket! 😉 Looks like you went for extra legroom when you booked.

Sitting at Tesla service and will be until probably 2 pm at least... there's coffee, there's cold drinks, everything's nice. I have my laptop and am doing good work. Only I forgot my headphones. FFS.

This style of nose makeup, used to provide artificial contouring and highlights to make someone's nose appear narrower.

This is from an Avocados from Mexico ad. Maybe it's not as obvious in this still as it is on video, but it's quite obvious in the video:
1716183585643.png

To help illustrate what I'm talking about, here's a taken-to-the-extreme example:
1716183565778.png

I just can't help but see it as, like, theater/stage make-up for someone playing a deer.

1716183675061.png

As my wife once pointed out, we are at the point where women use make up like drag queens, not the other way around, and mistake stage/photo shoot makeup for how to do it in real life.

Not at all.

Isn't it amazing that there are some industries that are universally hated. Cable and insurance being the pinnacle!

Isn't it amazing that there are some industries that are universally hated. Cable and insurance being the pinnacle!

These services can be shitty to deal with because theres no other option.

These services can be shitty to deal with because theres no other option.

And they know that, and are emboldened to be as terrible as they feel.

Indeed. Try dealing with auto racing insurance. It's a constant battle to even get an invoice from them.

I set aside all day to work on my final paper due at midnight, but he spent most of the day so far trying to find a dentist for a crown that broke and fell out, and I can't temp glue it back in myself. So far the closest appt. I can find is June 4th.

And I already can't chew on the other side for a similar issue. A crown fell out, but no dentist would fix it without doing a wisdom tooth extraction which all of the dentists have said would require a bone graft, which insurance won't pay for, and the required antibiotics would conflict with a different medical treatment I'm receiving, so I've put it off, and relied in the temp crown adhesive.

So it looks like I'm going on a liquid diet until next month.

Indeed. Try dealing with auto racing insurance. It's a constant battle to even get an invoice from them.

The more specialized insurance, the more aggravating they can be.

the scammy trend of online sellers listing things as "in stock" or "available in 2 days" or something, then informing you that saaaaadly due to unforeseen circumstances, ehhh, actually, we don't have the thing here and our distributor doesn't know when it'll arrive lol thanks for your money bye

the scammy trend of online sellers listing things as "in stock" or "available in 2 days" or something, then informing you that saaaaadly due to unforeseen circumstances, ehhh, actually, we don't have the thing here and our distributor doesn't know when it'll arrive lol thanks for your money bye

The proposed "dildo" scam from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. :LOL: