• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

The "Things that annoy me" thread

they weren't available on the Tesla when I had that.
they are standard on the highland model and they are indeed very nice. although I honestly don't know what the max setting on those would be like... I test drove the thing in mid 20s °C and the low setting already felt very noticeably cool.

If it can pre-cool the hot pleather on a hot day to below skin searing temps then great, otherwise I still prefer cloth overall.

Customer showed me a picture on his phone. A trim piece for a rear bumper on a lorry. Wanted a new one. I asked him to send me the picture, told him that email or whatsapp would be fine.

Only for him neither was, because his employer doesn’t let him do such things on his work-issued smartphone. He tried MMSing like in the olden days but that errored out with some message related to user permissions.

So I had to take a photo of his screen like a fucking caveman.

IMG_4074.jpeg

I can vaguely understand Whatsapp (because the CIA will read my messages, as if they’re interested in whatever grocery list my wife sends me, or the wildly offensive memes I send mates), but not even email? Even standard gmail should work?

Also Ive not had MMS work on any phone since 10 or so years, and I don’t know why. I’ve only had to use it in extreme cases (like old people who don’t do Whatsapp) but it is strange.

Also, actual texts, who still uses those? In Europe I mean….

WhatsApp is actually pretty dangerous for businesses due to its end-to-end encrypted nature, I could tell you why but I can't. :p

Not having email on a work phone is quite odd though, I would've gone for Bluetooth transfer next. My mother sometimes uses MMS by mistake, I have never asked to look at her phone bill...

I've also got a friend who has never quite managed the concept of the screenshot, it's always a picture of a screen. Even if that means getting another phone to take the picture of his. It's become a running joke now. As an aside, his Blackvue phone has an awful camera for something made in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Sitting in a completely shut down motorway traffic jam. First half hour done, another half before they EXPECT to open again… ugh.

I think the issue with the phone was that sending pictures was not allowed, meaning the messaging apps were preventing from accessing the storage.

Sitting in a completely shut down motorway traffic jam. First half hour done, another half before they EXPECT to open again… ugh.
All in: about 1.5 hrs. could've been worse. used something between 1-2% of battery for nice AC. worth it.
burnt out mercedes flatbed work truck thing on polish plates = 8 firefighter trucks, 3 ambulances, 4 police vehicles. seems overkill.

A motorway jam is very annoying, but at least there should be a shoulder for breakdowns, fires, etc. so the obstruction doesn't actually block a lane (Stupid Motorways excluded).

Near me there are two dual carriageways that don't have shoulders, and of the four times I've travelled on them I've been in stop-start traffic three times. Once because a car had a burst tyre and twice because a lorry had a burst tyre. It blocks one entire lane of two and brings the whole road grinding to a halt.

A motorway jam is very annoying, but at least there should be a shoulder for breakdowns, fires, etc. so the obstruction doesn't actually block a lane (Stupid Motorways excluded).
With a major thing like this they still shut down the entire thing for 1.5h. despite it being 3 lanes + shoulder. And the burning piece of garbage being parked on said shoulder… 🤷‍♂️ can only speculate, better safe than sorry, the sheer number of emergency services in attendance seemed weirdly high though.

Could the wind caused by passing traffic played any role? I know it's a bit ridiculous, but it's the only rationale I could come up with.

Not really, there wasn’t any. I think it really is just them being extremely cautious, at least for the time the damn truck was still actively on fire. … also with them parking like 15 emergency vehicles there, they basically blocked the whole thing anyway 🤣

Could the wind caused by passing traffic played any role? I know it's a bit ridiculous, but it's the only rationale I could come up with.

Safety for the emergency crews working the scene.

I have a bloody cold or whatever (???) and my sinuses are completely packed! Bunch of pressure from that means I also have a constant headache and lying down actually makes it all worse - so o can’t even just sleep through this crap because I wake up after an hour max with the biggest headache you’ve ever seen. Ugh. Make it stahp.

I have a bloody cold or whatever (???) and my sinuses are completely packed! Bunch of pressure from that means I also have a constant headache and lying down actually makes it all worse - so o can’t even just sleep through this crap because I wake up after an hour max with the biggest headache you’ve ever seen. Ugh. Make it stahp.

See a doctor. They helped me (see NSFW “Bitch about your disgusting issues”) and what you’re describing sounds very familiar. Your sinuses are supposed to drain, not get packed.

People that watch a video or read an article and think that they know more about a medical condition than doctors.

People that believe things like essential oils are a cure all.

See a doctor. They helped me (see NSFW “Bitch about your disgusting issues”) and what you’re describing sounds very familiar. Your sinuses are supposed to drain, not get packed.
Seems like they unknowingly decided to come to that conclusion, because all the good stuff is noch slowly coming down my throat :p But yeah, I'll see if I can have this checked out, cheers.