The "Things that annoy me" thread

You guys should have switched on to NDR2. I suppose the average waiting time for it to be played was 30 minutes or so :cry: Together with "Thank God it's Christmas" from Queen and "Something about Christmas Time" by Bryan Adams. Those three songs make up the annual Christmas radio trio of horror.

Thankfully it's over now and radio will return to the usual shallow lala music... wait, shit :(

That.
That was terrible. I'm happy that I didn't have to deal with that horror.

new one : people who won't turn the auto-clicky noise off on their phones. I mean the one that makes a clicky noise for EVERY button you push
And sitting next to such a person in the waiting room while they type 8 (!!!) seperate text messages in a row...

who here does that? do you really need a clicky noise to confirm you've pushed the button???

new one : people who won't turn the auto-clicky noise off on their phones. I mean the one that makes a clicky noise for EVERY button you push
And sitting next to such a person in the waiting room while they type 8 (!!!) seperate text messages in a row...

who here does that? do you really need a clicky noise to confirm you've pushed the button???
I agree, my iPhone is on silent most of the time because of all the sounds it makes. I just can't be bothered to switch them off. :p

What annoys me? The rallycross races in DiRT 2. <_<

That's indeed quite annoying and about the first thing I turn off whenever I get a new phone. Another mobile-phone-related annoyance:
peopling listening to the factory ring-tones on full volume to decide which one they should use. I experienced that on two occasions, once in a restaurant at the table next to me (and the guy just didn't stop playing with the damn thing) and once at my workplace when a coworker got a new phone and had to go through all the horrible ring tones on it. And she never takes her phone with her when she walks around the institute so whenever someone calls I'm forced to listen to Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl" on maximum volume (and boy some of the people calling her are quite thick and don't realize that if she didn't pick up the phone after two minutes it's not likely she's going to do so during the next two minutes, so they keep on calling for longer than that song lasts).

Last edited:

AAAUUUUGGGHHH. I married that person. It drives me absolutely batshit. Threats to throw his precious iPhone out the window at highway speeds have had no effect. Send help.

AAAUUUUGGGHHH. I married that person. It drives me absolutely batshit. Threats to throw his precious iPhone out the window at highway speeds have had no effect. Send help.
Initiate phase 2: do it! :)

My dad will do you one better - he has his phone set to speak the numbers out load as he dials.

He has to sleep sometime. Turn them off yourself!

My dad blew my horn when I was driving two times already. I have sworn to all that's holy the moment he will do it a third time, I'll throw him out of the car regardless of where we are.
If you think the other thing about blowing a horn now, you're such a rotten soul!!! :lol:

Initiate phase 2: do it! :)

But then we'd have to dredge up extra money for a new one, because he won't settle for anything else. And then it would start all over again. Better not to spend extra money on the aggravation, yanno?

He has to sleep sometime. Turn them off yourself!

You're so silly, thinking I don't do that at least a couple times a month! I don't think he's caught on yet; he usually just gives it a puzzled look and then restores it to all its clicky glory.

My dad blew my horn when I was driving two times already. I have sworn to all that's holy the moment he will do it a third time, I'll throw him out of the car regardless of where we are.

I was in a car driven my dad this past weekend. It was the first time in a couple of years, and I was reminded why my dad's rotten driving is a family joke. He has a lead foot . . . on the brake pedal. Four complete stops at every traffic signal, stop sign, brake light ahead of him, or mph above the speed limit while driving down a steep hill. (He claims it saves wear on the brakes. He tried to teach me to do the same thing. Good thing I never listen to the man!) Despite his permanent 10-and-2 grip on the wheel, he can't stay in a lane to save his life--constant overcorrecting FTL!--and he never, ever goes the posted speed limit; we're lucky to get him to go 5 mph below it.

Talk about "things that annoy me." I bloody HATE being in a car with my father.

Last edited:
You're so silly, thinking I don't do that at least a couple times a month! I don't think he's caught on yet; he usually just gives it a puzzled look and then restores it to all its clicky glory.

How tech savvy are you? Can you get into whatever passes for an operating system on an ipod and delete the actual file that makes the clicky noise? That'd be epic. Tell him they just fail over time. Best get used to it that way now. :)

How tech savvy are you? Can you get into whatever passes for an operating system on an ipod and delete the actual file that makes the clicky noise? That'd be epic. Tell him they just fail over time. Best get used to it that way now. :)

Oh, god, I wish. I am hopelessly technology-challenged; if I want to use a given gadget, he has to set up pretty much everything for me. He, OTOH, would figure it out and figure out a way to fix it within 24 hours. I fear I am condemned to choose between his clicking me into an early grave or my nagging him into one.

the touch/phone run differently than the regular ones so I am guessing it is damn hard to do that in comparison to a normal one where you can access the files on the drive. The touch/phone don't show up anywhere but itunes normally so trying to do something like that could lead to very epic screw ups.

the touch/phone run differently than the regular ones so I am guessing it is damn hard to do that in comparison to a normal one where you can access the files on the drive. The touch/phone don't show up anywhere but itunes normally so trying to do something like that could lead to very epic screw ups.

. . . which I would be absolutely sure to commit. Best, really, if I just keep nagging him until he turns the GD clicking off.

I wouldn't either. I can disassemble and put back together ipods easy but I epically fail at software. :(
Actually, if it was the ipod not the phone, I could just tell you what to pull out to stop the clicks :lol:

It's a tiny peizo speaker in the casing that makes the noise, just take it apart and cut the wire going to it. Problem solved!

On my Ipod I just go to options or preferences or whatever then choose, clicker off.