The "Things that annoy me" thread

People who refuse to use standard English on a forum requiring such.

Political phone calls.

I just got one at 4:22, one at 4:24 and one at 4:35. Each of them stupid automated precorded crap.

Jehova's Witnesses and similar lowlives.

A few days ago, an old woman accompanied by a girl (teenager) ringed at my door.... yes, at my door. Not the door of the house, they were already in the hallway. I wondered what's up and opened....: "Good day Mr. <myname>, perhaps you'd like to take a look at this" and she holds out a magazine (previously hidden, else I wouldn't have opened the door).... with something Jesus something written on the title. I said "no thanks" and slammed the door shut in her face (well, nearly)... I should have thrown them out of the house...
For what it's worth, that was the first visit ever I got from this kind of people, and I think I should be grateful to be left in peace that much.

I had a coworker who was a Jehova's Witness. I once asked her if they celebrated christmas at her house. She responded. "No. We go to everyone else's house and celebrate it." *laughs*

That unfortunately got sent to the next page (with forum default posts/page settings), but the reference is to nammedijus who flat out refuses to use any kind of punctuation, capitalization, or standard English on this forum despite being asked to many times because he's clearly either stupid or a lazy ass bastard. The rest of us take the time, including many, many others for whom English is a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th language. I think he can be bothered to push the shift once in a while. It's not just there; it's every single post.

Viper will get him one day.

Of course US and UK English have differences but I know what you are saying.

Last edited:
Jehova's Witnesses and similar lowlives.

A few days ago, an old woman accompanied by a girl (teenager) ringed at my door.... yes, at my door. Not the door of the house, they were already in the hallway. I wondered what's up and opened....: "Good day Mr. <myname>, perhaps you'd like to take a look at this" and she holds out a magazine (previously hidden, else I wouldn't have opened the door).... with something Jesus something written on the title. I said "no thanks" and slammed the door shut in her face (well, nearly)... I should have thrown them out of the house...
For what it's worth, that was the first visit ever I got from this kind of people, and I think I should be grateful to be left in peace that much.

It's funny... I find them rather amusing, when I don't have much things to do... I actually managed to make them give up and leave by simply talking to them (and leave for good, they haven't bothered me for years after that).

When your "best friend" can't come to your Birthday party because she has a hockey game on.
Fuck.
She's bailed on me twice in the past few weeks now. Yeah, you are being a shit friend.

When you're pouring sugar into the sugar pot and the bag from which the sugar was originally gives way as it empties and said sugar goes everywhere, most likely landing in some spilt tea and going all horrid and sticky.

Having to shop on pension day (yesterday). Fucking PENSION DAY. Somehow my car is still intact after sharing a parking lot with scores of old people in beige Camrys. I also wasn't run over somehow.

Related to that, standing in queues when you desperately need a wee but can't give up your spot 'cause you've already been there for almost half-an-hour. frughgr POST OFFICE I just wanted to get phone credit and get outta there!! The stupid phone shop I usually go to was closed for renovation work and I didn't even know. Bugger.

Last edited:
Slackers in sneakers, baggy pants and hooded sweatshirts, all in dark colour, who slowly walk across the street right in front of you at night, and obviously are too cool to speed up to avoid the end of their lives...

It would really annoy me having to stop and wait for the ambulance because I ran one over, just because they're too lazy to use the zebra crossing or the pedestrian's stoplight fifty meters further down the road...

Maybe next time I hurt one with my side mirror... just a little...

Oops, did I just say that loud? :whistle:

Last edited:
Slackers in sneakers, baggy pants and hooded sweatshirts, all in dark colour, who slowly walk across the street right in front of you at night, and obviously are too cool to speed up to avoid the end of their lives...

It would really annoy me having to stop and wait for the ambulance because I ran one over, just because they're too lazy to use the zebra crossing or the pedestrian's stoplight fifty meters further down the road...

is this you?

500px-BTTF2_003.jpg

"Eat lead, slackers!"

Having to shop on pension day (yesterday). Fucking PENSION DAY. Somehow my car is still intact after sharing a parking lot with scores of old people in beige Camrys. I also wasn't run over somehow.

Related to that, standing in queues when you desperately need a wee but can't give up your spot 'cause you've already been there for almost half-an-hour. frughgr POST OFFICE I just wanted to get phone credit and get outta there!! The stupid phone shop I usually go to was closed for renovation work and I didn't even know. Bugger.

Servo lol

^ Many a time, I have considered giving the odd slow pedestrian a slight bump. Sadly, I doubt "Might is Right" will be written in to law anytime soon..

It's written in my law....

Try the screaming brake trick from a safe (but not too far) distance. This should at least draw their attention.