The "Things that annoy me" thread

PEOPLE.WHO.KEEP.POSTING.THAT.FREAKING.REBECCA.BLACK.VIDEO!!!11one :stab:

:p

I welcome it :)

For a long time I have looked for something to club those people with, who always mock Germans for "loving David Hasselhoff". At least he can sing, in contrast to that teenage nuisance :p

Last edited:

:rolleyes: Because all Americans are the same, right?

This page reeks of stupidity. Come on now, folks.
unamused_blink.gif

To change tack...those toilet cleaner ads.

I must be looking at the wrong calendar again. I would swear it was 2011, not 1950. I know that not all goals have been achieved in terms of pay parity and rights, but they are a damn sight better than they used to be. But that is no reason, no reason at all to continue with the stereotype. Why do they piss me off? Because there are only women in them, never a guy. Yes, only women clean the bathroom, apparently. And are either doing it with either a 'overdosed on the antidepressants' or 'ninjagoingtodefeatallthegermsintheworld' look on our faces. The advertisers are also basically telling me that either 1) my life is at serious risk or 2) I will be shunned by all people I know unless my toilet is shiny and pristine at all times. Oh FFS!

*URGH*

There's also another ad on at present which is a follow on from one many years old. In the old ad, Pro Hart (an artist) makes a big 'painting' from messy stuff all over his carpet. His cleaner is then able to clean it up because of the excellent stain resistance of the carpet. Yes, issues with that ad, but not my current rant.

The new ad is Pro Hart's grandson doing a similar thing on his mother's carpet. Creating a huge 'painting' of a dragonfly made from food. But when it comes time for him to be cleaning it up, where is he? Nowhere to be found. Mum is the one on her hands and knees on the floor cleaning it up. Sorry, if that was my kid, stain resistant carpet or not, he would have first had his face smooshed into the mess, he would then be cleaning it up as I sat on the sidelines, supervising.

Yes kids, there are no such things as consequences, unless your toilet is dirty.

To change tack...those toilet cleaner ads.

I must be looking at the wrong calendar again. I would swear it was 2011, not 1950. I know that not all goals have been achieved in terms of pay parity and rights, but they are a damn sight better than they used to be. But that is no reason, no reason at all to continue with the stereotype. Why do they piss me off? Because there are only women in them, never a guy. Yes, only women clean the bathroom, apparently. And are either doing it with either a 'overdosed on the antidepressants' or 'ninjagoingtodefeatallthegermsintheworld' look on our faces. The advertisers are also basically telling me that either 1) my life is at serious risk or 2) I will be shunned by all people I know unless my toilet is shiny and pristine at all times. Oh FFS!

*URGH*

There's also another ad on at present which is a follow on from one many years old. In the old ad, Pro Hart (an artist) makes a big 'painting' from messy stuff all over his carpet. His cleaner is then able to clean it up because of the excellent stain resistance of the carpet. Yes, issues with that ad, but not my current rant.

The new ad is Pro Hart's grandson doing a similar thing on his mother's carpet. Creating a huge 'painting' of a dragonfly made from food. But when it comes time for him to be cleaning it up, where is he? Nowhere to be found. Mum is the one on her hands and knees on the floor cleaning it up. Sorry, if that was my kid, stain resistant carpet or not, he would have first had his face smooshed into the mess, he would then be cleaning it up as I sat on the sidelines, supervising.

Yes kids, there are no such things as consequences, unless your toilet is dirty.

I couldn't help but think of this:

:D

Edit: Oh and this!

Last edited:
Gawker's broken ass photo viewer <_<

Newscomments.....again.

"Belgian F16 fighterplanes are standing by to attack Libyan targets as soon as the Nato requests it" .....all the while showing stock footage of British harriers, your not even focking trying anymore are you?

Last edited:
PEOPLE.WHO.KEEP.POSTING.THAT.FREAKING.REBECCA.BLACK.VIDEO!!!11one :stab:

:p

Update on that: The video has now become unavailable on YouTube in Germany...

Thank you, YouTube!!!

Newscomments.....again.

"Belgian F16 fighterplanes are standing by to attack Libyan targets as soon as the Nato requests it" .....all the while showing stock footage of British harriers, your not even focking trying anymore are you?

They do that all the time everywhere. I sometimes think being a journalist takes little more than a heartbeat and a pencil nowadays.

Online traffic school.

You must spend an additional 02 min and 47 sec on this page before you can continue.

diaf.gif

Random e-mail addresses talking to me @ messenger, telling me stupid scripted things (obviously spambots). I block their addresses but more and more turn up, how can they even talk to me without adding me first?!
God fucking damn security holes.

Newscomments.....again.

In the last week, I've learned that no one on television knows
*How to tell military hardware apart
*How a nuclear reactor works
*Anything, really.

In the last week, I've learned that no one on television knows
*How to tell military hardware apart
*How a nuclear reactor works
*Anything, really.

You see I would be willing to accept that if we were the USA with a gazillion new cool things to blow stuff up with weapon systhems every few years so there is more to keep track of, but we only have one type of fighterplane, we have had the same type for 25 years + they stay in the news because every few years one drops from the sky for no real reason ....you would think by now they would atleast know they are not VTOL :p

I'm currently trying to print birthday invitations on cardstock. Every single test print works just fine, but so far half a dozen prints that I actually wanted to use have exactly the same fault on them. Where's the magic setting that I haven't found yet?!?

edit: The "setting" was printing nothing (i.e. a blank page) on the cards before actually doing anything with them. Apparently, the heat or something else did something to the cards that made the toner stick a lot better. :dunno:

Last edited:
awful pdf textbooks....:/