The "Things that annoy me" thread

Every year that passes, I seem to be less and less able to handle "warm" weather.
I just don't seem to be able to sleep well when it's "warm".
All throughout the winter, I've kept my house at 50f (10C) and I sleep just fine.
In the winter no matter what the temperature, I don't wear a coat and it doesn't bother me (at least for 5 minutes or so).
Now it's warmed up to 62f (17C) and I'm sweating my ass off, have a hard time falling asleep and wake up several times during the night. :(
Sometimes I wonder if I'm going to spontaneously combust at some point.

Every year that passes, I seem to be less and less able to handle "warm" weather.
I just don't seem to be able to sleep well when it's "warm".
All throughout the winter, I've kept my house at 50f (10C) and I sleep just fine.
In the winter no matter what the temperature, I don't wear a coat and it doesn't bother me (at least for 5 minutes or so).
Now it's warmed up to 62f (17C) and I'm sweating my ass off, have a hard time falling asleep and wake up several times during the night. :(

Getting fatter are we? :p

About cat attacks: a couple of years ago, I was on my way to school in the morning and my cat accidentally got out the front door and hid under a bench on my front lawn. When he gets outside, his tail bushes up and he goes into super-aggressive, super saiyan cat mode, and since I don't want him to be outside, I had to get him back in. He was screaming louder and louder the closer I got and once I picked him up and held his back to me with fully out-stretched arms, he still managed to turn around and claw me right on my nose. I had to walk around school the whole day with a 1/2 inch gash on my nose, and I still have the scar to this day. I got my cat in October 2006 and my hands were almost always full of scratches and bite marks for the first couple of years, but as he grew more mature, he got less aggressive. He's turning 5 this July and I don't think he's bitten or scratched me for a good 1.5 years or so (although he has caught me a few times when playing...:p).

Last edited:
Speaking of "warm" weather, Western Europe is plagued, this days, by summer-hot weather. Here the temperature is slightly more than 30? in these few days and I really don't like to feel being in July so early on. It's like the political situation in northern Africa is so bad that even the weather wants to escape to Europe... Give me back springtime, FFS!

Last edited:
Speaking of "warm" weather, Western Europe is plagued, this days, by summer-hot weather. Here the temperature is slightly more than 30? in these few days and I really don't like to feel being in July so early on. It's like the political situation in northern Africa is so bad that even the weather wants to escape to Europe... Give me back springtime, FFS!

this. although it's kinda nice because now i can actually enjoy the weather (come on i'm a student, i don't visit my lectures anyway...) while in juli/august i'd be stuck having to study for my exams. [and don't anyone dare give me the speech about going to my lectures so i wouldn't have to study later - it just doesn't work that way, i've tried].

since it's been getting this warm i've been constantly waking up with a light headache, which is extremely annoying. i sleep in as long as my body wants me to (or something) and it still gives me that headache, what the hell... if i was pulling myself out of bed after 5 hours of sleep, ok i could perhaps understand that, but after some 8 to 10 hours? come on!

now, wrong thread, but since i'm already here: what to get my mum for her birthday? :p

I got scratched by our cat maybe once in 16 years, never bitten :dunno:

We had a cat that would come around and bite my toes if he could see even the tiniest speck of the bottom of his food bowl. Another cat would lay in my lap acting all friendly then just randomly bite my chin and run away.

And what mind-altering drugs do you give your cats?

But seriously ... everytime in my life I?ve ever been close to a cat, I?ve taken away some scars ... maybe because I?m more of a Dog-person or whatever ... but every time I?ve played with a cat, some of my blood was spilled in the process. So from my (little) experience you seem to have got quite an unusual cat ...

I think he just couldn't be bothered. For an outdoor, fully-clawed cat he was absurdly lazy. He didn't even react to the cat's ultimate nemesis: laser pointers.

He made sure you knew about it when he was hungry or wanted to come in/outside though.

Putting my FG username/password into the work system and wondering why I locked myself out.

*sigh* Mondays :wall:

When my roomate sleeps through his alarm...but its not early...it's effing 10:40 ffs, stop snoozing the alarm then sleeping through it the next time it rings for a solid 10 min. :/

Things that annoy me: when people think their way is the only way... oh, and cruelty to animals. :rolleyes:

edit: Well, he's gone now.

Last edited:
Farting in the shower....it smells, I have a shower like the one below that locks in the smell, and I have no one to blame but myself...

tile-shower.jpg

Great.....another annoying overopinionated brat, I wonder how long this one will last :p

*edit*

Aaaaaaaaand gone, clean kill.

Last edited:
Humid air carries smell particles better into your nose than dry air. Smell a damp forest versus a dry one, both have scents but the humid forest smells more thanks to the water in the air. Mostly due to scent carrying capacity of aersolized water and it's ease of absorbtion into olfactory sensory nerves due to their mucus membrane.

Is that actual science, or are you just bs-ing use?

Why the sigh? It was a genuine question.

Because you called into question the veracity of my claims before researching and trying to find counter points. Instead of hostile language you could have asked for clarification, a help finding sources or maybe a further explanation. Lrn2bpolite