The "Things that annoy me" thread

Self-righteous computer programs which believe they're more important than ANYTHING.
Examples:
Any program which upon installing it, it decides entirely by itself to add it's wonderful being to the computer's startup list. Even if its some very secondary status indicator for something you never use.
IM programs that minimize your shit when a message comes in. If I could count the times I've been yanked out of a game by Google Talk...
Splash screens, the kind that cover 50% of the center of your screen and will not go away even if you alt tab to something else, and the program takes a week and a half to open, which I don't mind, but at least let me continue doing other stuff while you load your 750 thousand files, Paint Shop Pro!
Web browsers that remind you at every turn they're not the default web browser on your computer.
Finally those programs that run services in your background entirely dedicated to finding updates, cos nothing can be more important. I'm looking at you Adobe.

My new coworker. I want to kick him in the balls....repeatedly.

Everytime I catch a glimpse of him on TV, I just get the feeling Guy's a massive douche, and I haven't even heard his voice or how he acts really yet....

Everytime I catch a glimpse of him on TV, I just get the feeling Guy's a massive douche, and I haven't even heard his voice or how he acts really yet....

I like Guy's show (And Adam's, too.), but I like it despite the host, not because of the host. Compared to, say, Top Gear, where I would love to go down to the pub and talk to any of the three presenters over a pint, I don't think I would care to do that with Guy or Adam. Although how people act on the TV - especially American TV - is not necessarily an indication of how they are when the cameras are not rolling. I've met on-air talent that were very nice, like George Takei, Bob Picardo, Richard Hatch and Bill Mumy - and I've met some that were polite but a little reserved, like Walter Koenig and Jonathan Frakes. And there have been some - who shall not be named - that were real douchebags.

About Guy, I will say this: I've eaten at his restaurant here in Sacramento. And the food, while not that bad, is much like Guy's on-air persona - very boisterous, with not a whole lot of subtlety in the flavors. We're talking mixed drinks served in goldfish bowls and sushi rolls with about every ingredient you can imagine shoved in them. Although I do like his Vegas fries. (French fries tossed in Buffalo wing sauce, with bleu cheese dressing on the side.)

When either one of my parents decide to walk into my room for no reason and then either walk around for a bit and then walk out or just immediately turn around and walk out.

They probably just want you to join them in the other room but don't know how to ask without seeming pushy or needy. Do you spend a lot of time alone in your room? If so, poke your head out once in awhile and join your family. Unlike me, they're the only family you'll ever have so make the most of the time you spend with them.

Friends are important too, don't get me wrong. But do you know how many of my friends from high school I've stayed in constant contact with? One. And we've been friends for 31 years now. You'll be lucky if you have one friend like that. So spend some time with your family too.

I saw Green Lantern today and throughout the entire film there was some little brat who just wouldn't stop crying. screaming at the top of their voice and the parents did bugger all. Its not like i can walk up to them and tell them to keep their kid quiet since odds are they would simply say "it's just a baby, its what they do."

i mean, honestly. who takes a little child to a cinema? if the brat is going to scream, yell and cry all the time. leave the little sod at home and let me watch the film in peace. i paid ?7 for my ticket, i wanted to watch a film. not to hear some little sod's wailing for 2 hours. get a babysitter, leave the sod at home and be done with it. i swear retarded people like these shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Amen to that. It's the same shit as those tards that act like neanderthals during a movie, trying to pop a one-liner for the audience, but failing badly and loudly.

I saw Green Lantern today and throughout the entire film there was some little brat who just wouldn't stop crying. screaming at the top of their voice and the parents did bugger all. Its not like i can walk up to them and tell them to keep their kid quiet since odds are they would simply say "it's just a baby, its what they do."

i mean, honestly. who takes a little child to a cinema? if the brat is going to scream, yell and cry all the time. leave the little sod at home and let me watch the film in peace. i paid ?7 for my ticket, i wanted to watch a film. not to hear some little sod's wailing for 2 hours. get a babysitter, leave the sod at home and be done with it. i swear retarded people like these shouldn't be allowed to breed.

You should of complained to the theater and demanded tickets to a later show.

You should of complained to the theater and demanded tickets to a later show.
truthfully, such a thing never really occured to me. i just wanted to give the kid a slap. of course doing so would have ended up with me being ending up serving time at her majesty's pleasure.

I went snorkeling around a coral reef off Key West yesterday, and it was horribly bleached. (That is, increasingly acidic ocean waters are killing off the colorful wee polyps and leaving behind a dreary cement-colored skeleton.) See?

cd5c763c8166b23646905e9b86323637896fe2dcc70d1c5dc7268987994acbb46g.jpg

That definitely annoys me, but I'm not trying to start a debate about the various ills plaguing our little blue dot. No, my beef is more personal. To be specific, I seem to be the kiss of death for absolutely everything. If your favorite band split up, it's probably because I just got into them. Favorite show canceled? I just started watching it. (Big Bang Theory fans, I'm afraid you're probably the next victims of this. Sorry.) I fall in with an excellent group of people, and the group dissolves. On a smaller scale, if a cash register goes down or a call center's computer system crashes, it invariably happens when I'm standing at the register/on the phone.

I think the world's coral reefs knew that I was finally getting around to spending some quality time with them, and decided to go ahead and just start dying preemptively. Boo.

I seem to be the kiss of death for absolutely everything. If your favorite band split up, it's probably because I just got into them. Favorite show canceled? I just started watching it. (Big Bang Theory fans, I'm afraid you're probably the next victims of this. Sorry.)

:shakefist: