The "Things that annoy me" thread

Fucking clients that can't make up their fucking minds... I was already done with a 3D model of the machine they requested and was in the middle of drafting plans when they come up with a core change that pulls everything with it. Two whole weeks of work, down the drain.

I made it perfectly clear that if the construction is late it will not be our fault. :mad:

Its stupid I know, but people who don't realize the registartion sticker goes in the upper left corner of a license plate ONLY. They put them on all four corners and it looks like a stupid rainbow with random numbers and letters in the center.

Its stupid I know, but people who don't realize the registartion sticker goes in the upper left corner of a license plate ONLY. They put them on all four corners and it looks like a stupid rainbow with random numbers and letters in the center.

/reminds self to not drive through Plains....or at least try and pry off the "torn apart and put together" sticker stuck in the lower right corner of my plate

:lol: I do have the current one in the correct location though.

Office staff meetings. I hate them so much. I'm not sure if most people are really that dense, or if they just really hate working so much that they'll ask a million questions and turn a simple 15 minute meeting in to a 90 minute pain in the ass, just to get out of doing some work. I'm going on vacation next week and I have a ton of work to do and these people waste so much of my time it's unbelievable. I've had like 3 meetings this week and they've all run long because of crap like this. I really wish they would embrace technology a bit and just send emails about this stuff, because it's almost always a complete waste of time. But the managers always "want us to hear it from them personally", as if it makes a difference.

I hate this fucking fridge that fucking freezes the beer EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME :'(
It's setup at the minimum temperature but it's still way too cold to leave anything inside for more than a day without having to eat your beer rather than drink it :'(

Are you sure you are reading it right? I have a fridge that the higher the numbers are, the colder it gets, which seems all back wards to me.

Well, it is setup to 1, the rest is higher. If that's supposed to be the coldest then I really don't understand the logic behind it :-D

According to all the LG fridges (our brand) manual I can find on the interwebs, 1 is supposed to be the warmest while higher number will produce more cold. I think this goddamn fridge is just way too strong...

I'll trade you then. At work, we have a refrigerator that - at its coldest setting - keeps drinks at a nice, cool 60?F.

First day I visited our renovated Marktkauf superstore here -- biggest supermarket/mini-mall in town. They changed the layout, made the whole place look friendlier and more attractive for shopping. I think it turned out well, with a central, round bar in the middle, where you can eat snacks and get fresh bakery products.

So I strolled through the aisles with just a basket to buy only a few thing and overheard the following conversation between two middle-aged women, who I had to get past, which meant they had to move their shopping carts out of the way to let me through.

Woman #1: "It's all so narrow now here."
Woman #2. "Yes, you hardly have room to stop and chat."

I was about to reply something but then decided to simply move along.

Not trying to be sexist, but this applies to females a lot more than men (that said, women who are against this usually feel extremely strongly about it):

When people talk about someone behind their back, or ask about someone, wanting to know what happened, then when you ask them why they do it, they respond with "because we care". If you really, really gave a shit, you would go and talk to them.

It is a massive problem with people my age nowadays (late teens). Those bullshit gossip magazines are the ones that fuel it. As much as we all hate Hugh Grant, I couldn't agree more with his behaviour towards paparazzi.

Then there's the hypocrisy associated with it. When people say that gossip is good, yet they try so hard to avoid people finding out. Surely that sums it up?

Another one related to the same people I'm on about, when they waste time arguing with you when they know they aren't as clever or logical as you are. They always try to come up with something that so clearly doesn't work, or just don't understand anything at all, when it is surely obvious.

Yeah, I'm really impatient.

However, I'm almost certain that the population on forums are generally way smarter than those in person. Now that can't be a bad thing :D

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Video games.....

The wife and her air conditioning issues. She claims to always be cold, so a few days ago I tried a test.

For her sake, I try to keep the temperature downstairs at 72, by regulating and mixing the ducts to blow most all of the air upstairs and let it slowly creep down, the opposite in wintertime, obviously. So I posed this question to myself: is it really the temperature, or that if the AC was running at any temp she would be cold, i.e. a psychological issue.
I set the temp on Thursday to 68 degrees. Sure enough, she was covered in a a down comforter, bitching about the cold. Yesterday I set it to 75, and again she was covered in a comforter.

My results? She is fucked up in the head. She is also insistent that what she did as a child growing up in a drafty Chicago Bungalow from the 1940's (take a cold shower, fall asleep damp) will work in a house built in 2005 that was designed to keep the windows shut and the AC on. The house is designed to keep heat in, to maximize efficiency in the winter; it is the reason why my electric bill averages $50 a month.
Seriously, how can anyone with an MBA and two other degrees be this stupid.

The wife and her air conditioning issues. She claims to always be cold, so a few days ago I tried a test.

For her sake, I try to keep the temperature downstairs at 72, by regulating and mixing the ducts to blow most all of the air upstairs and let it slowly creep down, the opposite in wintertime, obviously. So I posed this question to myself: is it really the temperature, or that if the AC was running at any temp she would be cold, i.e. a psychological issue.
I set the temp on Thursday to 68 degrees. Sure enough, she was covered in a a down comforter, bitching about the cold. Yesterday I set it to 75, and again she was covered in a comforter.

My results? She is fucked up in the head. She is also insistent that what she did as a child growing up in a drafty Chicago Bungalow from the 1940's (take a cold shower, fall asleep damp) will work in a house built in 2005 that was designed to keep the windows shut and the AC on. The house is designed to keep heat in, to maximize efficiency in the winter; it is the reason why my electric bill averages $50 a month.

Because psycology. There's a reason why offices install dummy thermostats or ones with a very limited range of variation of tempertures.

According to all the LG fridges (our brand) manual I can find on the interwebs, 1 is supposed to be the warmest while higher number will produce more cold. I think this goddamn fridge is just way too strong...

Are you sure the manual was translated properly? Have you tried it the other way at all?

I have the same problem with my GF. I asked her at what temp she likes to be outside in shorts and at what temp she would be wearing a light coat. She could not answer either, but did know that 90 was to hot, and 50 was to cold. I gave her a digital thermometer and told her to pay attention to it when she started feeling cold and warm. She was adamant that she was cold at 74f, and to warm at 77f.

I just need to install a system that will allow room to room cooling in the summer (can in the winter, but no central air).

A kid who's obsessed with watching movies...because his dad is.

/is trying to get out of watching 6 hours worth of kids movies.....

What. How is 75 cold. Warm starts at 60, 75 is too hot and I cannot ever fall asleep.