The "Things that annoy me" thread

Slovenia, as soon as PB reads that...

I think you're confusing PB and Spectre. :p

Spectre is the one with all the Jaaaaaags and guns, PB is just a guy with an old buick.

BTW, what happened, Ice?

The fact that my siblings (ages 22 and 26) have yet to understand the meaning of ''move out of your parents' home''.

When our internet goes down over the weekend just as I have uni work to do. Luckily I managed to get it finished in the library today, although now it's fine at home too. All because of a light frost last week! :wall:

Speaking of weather related problems....17?C is NOT COLD. The sun is out, it's a lovely day, so why were the heaters in our classrooms cranked up so that by the time it gets to lunch I have already finished two 600ml bottles of water and my head is spinning? I really appreciated driving home with all my car windows down. It's also a great way to spread germs around..any wonder we are currently missing almost a quarter of our group due to cold virus type things?

When our internet goes down over the weekend just as I have uni work to do. Luckily I managed to get it finished in the library today, although now it's fine at home too. All because of a light frost last week! :wall:

Speaking of weather related problems....17?C is NOT COLD. The sun is out, it's a lovely day, so why were the heaters in our classrooms cranked up so that by the time it gets to lunch I have already finished two 600ml bottles of water and my head is spinning? I really appreciated driving home with all my car windows down. It's also a great way to spread germs around..any wonder we are currently missing almost a quarter of our group due to cold virus type things?

they always do that at uni here... in winter they overheat the place ridiculously and in summer they dont turn the AC on... imagine this in a "classroom" with over 1000 people in it. yup, lots of fun!
we had a thermometer once and after our lecture (1,5hrs) it was up to 29?C. i really dont envy the people that got in there after us.

Yeah, the added heat of so many bodies doesn't help either. We never have more than about a hundred at once in lectures, though.

luckily i'm past the monstrous-lecture-phase now. still about 200-300 students, but those smaller lecture halls work way better (heating-/cooling-wise).

Moving house. Again. I really have to stop being homeless.

Anyone got any wealthy easi-rob banks near them?

Moving house. Again. I really have to stop being homeless.

Anyone got any wealthy easi-rob banks near them?

There are some low-security ATM's in my town, if you want me to... Let me know.

There are some low-security ATM's in my town, if you want me to... Let me know.

Oh please.... a couple million in $AU would be nice :D

what? gotta have some nice metal (and carbon fibre) to go with the new digs ;)

I?m having a problem with a contractor now. He?s 2 weeks late now and has the balls to actually blame me for it. Tells me he was at location "a couple of times", but I wasn?t there. I doubt he?s even been there. Asked him "when was that exactly?" - he couldn?t remember. Asked him why he didn?t call and make an appointment before, or at least leave a note that he must have missed me so I?d call him. "We don?t do that." - no they just show up when they feel like it (if at all), don?t tell you (before or after) and wait for you to chase after them. Jeez. Sadly I have no control over his pay or commissioning of future jobs ... or at least I don?t have now ... I?m working on that!

CVT transmissions. I understand the fact that they're supposed to hold the engine at the maximum power range as long as possible but, it sounds like what Jeremy and Richard were talking about what launch control is like. It's exactly like that until you get up to speed or let off the gas.

Don't send the troops on the whole damn nation, Ice is the main villain here. Nuke him. :D

Last time we sent something after Ice he just swerved and killed his car and some scenery......

*edit*

WHOOHOO! he found his little neggrepp button once more! I succeed again!

Last edited:
Threaded arguments on Disqus

RQDOB.gif

Last edited:
^ dA comment chains as of I think the last redesign for that reason.

The fact that we don't have faster-than-light travel yet annoys me. Same with ubiquitous commercial supersonic airplane travel.

It's bout time already!

Yeah, plane travel has gotten worse, not better since it's inception. I flew the first time last April and I felt like cattle.

You want to feel special, buy a first class ticket.