The "Things that annoy me" thread

I don't want to feel special, just not the thought that I'm going to a slaughter house when this thing lands.

At a Gamestation store today and this 10 year old kid was in the queue getting Left4Dead 2. A game that has a 18 certificate on it. GameStation staff said nothing, kid bought the game. At which point i said "haven't you checked the age limit on the game?" the staff member shrugged his shoulders and the mother of this kid gives me a look that would make a weeping angel blink. I said "the age restrictions are there for a reason." the mother says to me "its just a game and you should keep your nose out"

well she didn't really say that, there was a lot more expletives and derogatory remarks made about me. just annoys me that when the game business gets so much stick for violence and so on. they all harp on about the games companies and not the bloody parents who don't care what games their kids play.

The fact that we don't have faster-than-light travel yet annoys me. Same with ubiquitous commercial supersonic airplane travel.

It's bout time already!

The US government won't even fund another Moon mission, so what makes you think they'll come up with FTL travel anytime soon? :lol:

The US government won't even fund another Moon mission, so what makes you think they'll come up with FTL travel anytime soon? :lol:

Forget about the moon. Right now for the first time the Americans don't have anything to put larger objects into orbit. The Russians and the ESA have. The NASA has relied on the Space Shuttle (which always only used to work with luck and fingers crossed anyway) for too long without thinking about what's coming after that.

At a Gamestation store today and this 10 year old kid was in the queue getting Left4Dead 2. A game that has a 18 certificate on it. GameStation staff said nothing, kid bought the game. At which point i said "haven't you checked the age limit on the game?" the staff member shrugged his shoulders and the mother of this kid gives me a look that would make a weeping angel blink. I said "the age restrictions are there for a reason." the mother says to me "its just a game and you should keep your nose out"

well she didn't really say that, there was a lot more expletives and derogatory remarks made about me. just annoys me that when the game business gets so much stick for violence and so on. they all harp on about the games companies and not the bloody parents who don't care what games their kids play.

It really irritates me about this kind of thing. Also that's a BBFC certificated game which unlike PEGI or the now defunct ESRB is legally enforcable.

I remember when DOOM 3 came out of the original Xbox, I bought my copy from Gamestation and there was a 14 year old kid in there, he went up to the desk with the box in hand and the clerk took the game and put it behind the counter saying he couldn't sell the game to him.

So anyway I buy my copy of the game and I walk out of the shop, the kid comes upto me with some money in his hand and says "Could you buy the game for me?" I say to him "No way, besides the clerk will get suspicious if I walk back in there and buy the game again." So the kid says "How about I buy your copy and you go to another game shop and buy it." This time I reply. "Look kid, I'm really not interested, wait until you're old enough to buy it for real."

Last edited:
Grocery shopping. Seriously people, make room for others to get by you. I know you just seen that super special whatever it is, but do you have to leave the cart in the way????

And just because you don't see another one on the shelf does not give you the right to push somebody else out of the way to get the last one. Ask, they probably have more in the back. And your lucky that girl didn't bitch slap the tool outta you. She nearly took that jar and shoved it up your ass when I got in your way (the one time the other carts were helpful).

And parents, if you tell your child no, and then give in when they whine a little, what are you teaching them? To act just like the spoiled brat that you hate to deal with. Rolling your eyes or stomping your foot at the kid doesn't help either, try having a conversation with them to explain that you don't always get what you want, and you don't really need it anyway. Forget it, you fucking deserve the torture.

For all of these reasons, I much prefer going shopping in the middle of the night. Now if only the other stores would stay open all night.

Erratic satnavs annoy me. Gee, thanks for avoiding that detour - and putting me right in front of an off-limits forest path! :wall:

That said, I had received a rental car that enabled me to make up for the lost time. Thrashing an A3 over winding country lanes... could be worse. ;-)

People who use self check outs and can't use them correctly. I absolutely love it and have no trouble with it. For some reason whenever I go during the day, there's a huge line at the self checkouts because the 4 people using them don't understand the fact that where you put your food after scanning has a scale for security reasons, so when you scan something and you don't place on the scale, it's going to ask "where the fuck is that frozen pizza you just scanned?". Exactly the reason why I try as much as possible to do my shopping late at night. Less stupid people. Also I prefer to not to interact with people in stores because I always get this look thrown at me and I feel like the person wants to screw with me, and not the good kind.

My family (including my extended family..apparently) is fucking retarded. My stepmom's yelling at everyone to get ready for this day out my boneheaded older brother planned. It would be fine except that it's:

A. 9:30 AM.....this event's happening at a state park...and pool...what the fuck are we getting ready THIS early for..

B. No one's taking the weather seriously. My brother and his girlfriend are around my age (23-25)...most people my age don't give a shit about the news...I KNOW they didn't watch it. How do I know? Because there's a fucking 70% chance of rain. Seriously. A day at a park and it's supposed to rain pretty much. Wonderful. I've tried telling my Dad this...his reaction? To go to Dick's Sporting Goods and buy fishing supplies. (there's fishing grounds at said park) Really?! We're really going to act like fucking Lemmings and just jump off the cliff my brother did? Apparently so. The weather channel was fucking ON for a bit yesterday, so they kinda had to have a vague feeling about the weather.

C. Did I mention my aunt and uncle is coming along with their kids? Apparently they don't give a shit about weather either. Neither do my step grandparents or the friend my stepmom invited, as no one has seemingly mentioned this VERY IMPORTANT problem.

So I get to sit through driving up there pointlessly, going to the pool for probably 5 minutes before they force everyone out due to rain, and then dealing with all the "adults" there looking at each other fucking cluelessly and bitching about the rain. Did I mention it's already looking overcast as shit? What are we doing? Getting ready to go to the park apparently.

At least I know where I get my stubbornness from.....actually wait. I don't....because only one bonehead in this decision making process I'm actually related to via blood. <_<

Erratic satnavs annoy me. Gee, thanks for avoiding that detour - and putting me right in front of an off-limits forest path! :wall:

"Mmmm, turn left here, big boy. Do you like my stockings? They go almost all the way up to my..." Oh. Erratic. So sorry.

My brain made exactly the same mistake you did when i read Calvinhobbes post.

The family dog, I hate it.

It peed on the kitchen floor last night because I was busy cooking and the only way it signals it wants to go outside is by looking at the kitchen door. Then I woke up this morning to find the little bastard had stolen my hat off the table and set about destroying it. He also bites my ankles constantly to assert his dominance so I can't spend any prolonged amount of time in the kitchen, my parents think is is hilarious.

I should point out that my family has only owned one dog that was trained and behaved well, and that was an older dog that was trained by it's previous owners. I'm so sick of all our family pets being awful, why can't my parents just accept they are crap with animals and give up?

The family dog, I hate it.

It peed on the kitchen floor last night because I was busy cooking and the only way it signals it wants to go outside is by looking at the kitchen door. Then I woke up this morning to find the little bastard had stolen my hat off the table and set about destroying it. He also bites my ankles constantly to assert his dominance so I can't spend any prolonged amount of time in the kitchen, my parents think is is hilarious.

I should point out that my family has only owned one dog that was trained and behaved well, and that was an older dog that was trained by it's previous owners. I'm so sick of all our family pets being awful, why can't my parents just accept they are crap with animals and give up?

Stop being a puss and command respect from the dog. They can sense leadership in a human, and they can sense weakness. So assert your standing and make sure it knows that you are ahead of it in pack hierarchy.

Yeah...guess who drove for 30 min up to the park just to end up turning around while looking for a parking spot because "wow this rain isn't going to stop..new plan...bbq at the house!"

Bitter doesn't describe how I feel -_-

I just don't think the scene you described is all that upsetting. I would have found it rather amusing, to be honest, if I had been in your place.

What annoyed me today, when two colleagues of mine were discussing holidays. They complained about the prices of ice cream at the beaches.

YOU SPEND ONLY 500 EURO FOR TWO WEEKS ALL INCLUSIVE IN THE MEDITARRANEAN AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PRICE OF ICE CREAM??????

Jeeeeez...