The "Things that annoy me" thread

Swabian "Sparsamkeit" - why the fuck are people in this area so tight that you couldn't get a sheet of paper between their asscheeks? :wall:

I've had to do laundry, which I need dry and ironed on Tuesday evening at the very, very latest. I had washed it early today and put it on a drying rack on the balcony. I spent the day eyeing the sky with an unmistakable "Don't rain!" look on my face. Of couse it didn't rain right until the moment I fell asleep for twenty minutes, result: laundry is wet again. Solution: take the rack inside and put a tower fan next to it so I can still iron it tonight. I explained this to my flatmate (The Swabian), all she said was "But you've still got two days!" to which I replied with an explanation how these would be filled with a thing called "work". "OK, fine" was her reaction. What do I find when I check on the laundry to see if it's dry yet? An unplugged fan and moist shirts. Thanks a lot. As if a simple fan used once for a couple of hours will make the utility bill explode.

Oh, the little things... good thing she's already out when I take a nice long shower in the morning.

Swabian "Sparsamkeit" - why the fuck are people in this area so tight that you couldn't get a sheet of paper between their asscheeks? :wall:

I've had to do laundry, which I need dry and ironed on Tuesday evening at the very, very latest. I had washed it early today and put it on a drying rack on the balcony. I spent the day eyeing the sky with an unmistakable "Don't rain!" look on my face. Of couse it didn't rain right until the moment I fell asleep for twenty minutes, result: laundry is wet again. Solution: take the rack inside and put a tower fan next to it so I can still iron it tonight. I explained this to my flatmate (The Swabian), all she said was "But you've still got two days!" to which I replied with an explanation how these would be filled with a thing called "work". "OK, fine" was her reaction. What do I find when I check on the laundry to see if it's dry yet? An unplugged fan and moist shirts. Thanks a lot. As if a simple fan used once for a couple of hours will make the utility bill explode.

Oh, the little things... good thing she's already out when I take a nice long shower in the morning.

I don't know if you've posted about your roommate before, but does she regularly do stuff like this? Have you talked to her about KEEPING HER DIRTY HANDS off your stuff? Sorry I just get really testy when people mess with my stuff, and I feel for ya.

Mom bitched me out how I don't enough around the house. How did it start? I left my box of 28 shocks behind dads car because I woke up at 6am to grab them out of my truck before the rain storm.

I cannot wait to move out, it won't be far I'm sure but man it'll be amazing when I do.

This does fall under things that annoy ME and I know this is more of something what a 14 year old would say and not somebody that should've moved out as soon as he bought a car.

Mom bitched me out how I don't enough around the house. How did it start? I left my box of 28 shocks behind dads car because I woke up at 6am to grab them out of my truck before the rain storm.

I cannot wait to move out, it won't be far I'm sure but man it'll be amazing when I do.

This does fall under things that annoy ME and I know this is more of something what a 14 year old would say and not somebody that should've moved out as soon as he bought a car.

No worries, believe me, I feel your pain and have a similar "countdown until moving day" internal calendar :lol:

Although I'll still be living with a parent (in this case my mom) i'll have a lot more freedom, which is nice.

Freedom? What's that?

I'm curious what'll happen when I move out because I am the soul person who maintains the grass, and general maintenance on the cars. Moms car goes through half a quart every 200mi, sisters car goes through 1.25 quarts every 50mi, and dads car eats coolant and oil(slight gasket issue). Thinking I should move far enough that it's not worth having me come over for those things. :D

Last edited:
Having a burn on your hand right where you can manage to scrape, bump and generally hurt it all the time. I've also learnt very quickly not to wash my hands in warm water, no matter how icy the cold water might be first thing in the morning. I can you're wondering silly me managed to somehow slide her left thumb between the plates of her straightening iron when she was using it before going out on Saturday night. OW!

I work 250 km away from home and i got tired of staying at a crappy hostel duing the weeks so i found a small apartment to rent. When i arrive to pick up the keys (of course with a rented trailer filled with stuff), the person that owns the apartment now is like gone with the wind. A whole day of chasing ensues and in the evening i have to call the trailer company to tell them that i need to rent it another day. For this favour, they charged me two days of extra rent. Thanks, Asshole Rental Inc.

Second day, not a trace of the owner and i am about to trail my stuff back when the phone rings. Mrs Apartment Owner is at the other end, excusing herself and saying that she have been "very sick" and spent a few days in the "emergency place". But she apparently had time to visit a few friends and buy a dog while being sick. Mhm, so sorry to hear, now give me the keys and sod off. Finally, i got the keys now it's just to carry everything insi- Erm, why is the apartment filled with junk? And why does it smell like a dead skunk in here? AND WHAT IN GOD'S NAME ARE THESE UNHOLY STAINS ON THE FLOOR???

I'm in a war right now. It has been going on for two weeks and it will probably go on for atleast another week. The desire to whack Mrs Former Apartment Owner And Mega-Slob over the head with a shovel is so clean and true it can almost be seen as a religion at this point.

46b46we

These damn light switches at my parents kitchen. Don't even bother to count how many of them are there.
It's completely hopeless trying to remember which one of those buttons controls which light.
On top of that the transformers (or whatever they are called) for the lights are located just beneath my parents bedroom and they make a nice popping sound every time you turn a light on or off.

So when I'm visiting my parents and going to sleep "a bit" later than them I notice there are say two lights on in the kitchen.
I build up the pressure by telling myself that I have to get these right on the first try or I wake them up with my popping light show.
Obviously in the end I always go trough every single one of the buttons before I get them right.
Why can't there just be a big button with OFF written on?

Waking up from an awesome dream, especially when it's a really awesome dream.

Going to bed at a "reasonable" time only to realize I'm nowhere near tired enough to sleep.

Trying again in a bit...

I'll have the same problem tomorrow night... have to wake up at 7 and drive for 10 hours, meaning I have to be asleep at 11pm the latest and there is NO way that's happening...

Meh, I rarely get more then 6 (that would mean going to sleep in the afternoon) and I drive for 8-9-10 hours every day, do not drink much coffee and cannot stand energy drinks so no cheating there, rarely tired if ever during the workweek, it's all a question of habit. :dunno:

Last edited: