The "Things that annoy me" thread

Taking a nice, long, hot shower and then realizing I forgot to turn on the ventilation/dehumidifier thingy.

Creaky squeaky elevators in every building I have been in lately. Freaks me out.

Funny you should say that. Ever tried jumping up and down in an elevator? :D

When I was a teenager, my friends and I brought one to a standstill with that :lol:

D: no no I have not. That is not fun to me.

Ever rode in one with the doors open?

Last edited:
Mouth ulcers. I now have two now, one at each side of my mouth.

Eating isn't impossible but it is now rather painful, drinking is the same. Brushing my teeth? No chance, tried that this morning, OH GOD THE STINGING! Apparently my toothpaste isn't friendly with open mouth wounds, who'd have guessed?!

Actually toothpaste helps after the stinging. Same with mouthwash. You can also use hydrogen peroxide but while it is less stingy it makes you whole mouth full of foam.

Eating isn't impossible but it is now rather painful, drinking is the same. Brushing my teeth? No chance, tried that this morning, OH GOD THE STINGING! Apparently my toothpaste isn't friendly with open mouth wounds, who'd have guessed?!

I might have something similar. I got a root canal and dental crown fitted, and obviously with a root canal there's no pain in the tooth since there's no nerve to feel pain anymore, but the gum on the inside of my teeth has a VERY sore spot now. It's the back right bottom molar, too, so my tongue keeps hitting it if I move my mouth at all, whether to speak, eat, drink, etc. I can drink through a straw okay, but anything else is painful, because it causes me to move my tongue and further irritate that sore spot.

Yea I get them all the time as well. If it is really bad I would recommend some stuff called Bonjela. If you can find it over there then it can be really helpful.

You rub a dab on the ulcer and it stings like bloody hell fire for about 5 seconds but then the ulcer is pretty much completely pain free for about 2-3 hours.
** If you do look for this, make sure to get 'original', or 'cool' and not the Babies teething gel which probably wont help.

Used to be the bane of my life, so I really do feel your pain! Bonjela is good, but if you've got multiple ulcers a mouthwash (Corsodyl is brilliant - we give it to patients having radiotherapy treatment for head and neck cancer, but you can get it over the counter without a prescription) or corticosteroid lozenges can really help (but they need a prescription). If you get ulcers a lot check your toothpaste doesn't have Sodium lauryl sulphite in it as there is some evidence to show that can exacerbate ulcers - again, corsodyl toothpaste is good (although it's got a bloody strange taste!) and doesn't have the SLS in it. Hope they clear up soon!

Oh, I really love these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paternoster

They had one in my dad's company, when I was a kid. But they scrapped it, because they thought it was too dangerous :rolleyes: As a kid I had so much fun going to the top and bottom and being "turned over".
I had to wait untill I was 30 to have a ride in one of the last ones of that ...

Oh, and I got stuck in an elevator last year for about an hour. Sadly I was alone ... so it was a pretty boring experience and I had almost fallen asleep once the technicians arrived.

UPDATE!

I have also managed to bite my tongue since my last mouth pain related issue post... Twice...

Obviously my sub-concious is saying something like: "Fuck food and water, you don't need that shit! Fuck that stuff, and sleep, you don't need sleep. Sleep and nourishment are for pussies who can't live on will power alone."

Vette Boss said:
ASUS support again, this time they claim my motherboard was damaged when they got it. They sent a picture showing the CPU socket with some bent pins, which I did not cause. Now, they're telling me it costs $120 to fix damage I did not cause. I don't think so.

That sucks, the only reason my PC is a dual core and not a quad is because I was sent a faulty motherboard and the manufacturer refused to accept I didn't break it. Had to buy a cheaper motherboard and processor 'cause they wouldn't re-fund it. <_<

UPDATE!

I have also managed to bite my tongue since my last mouth pain related issue post... Twice...

Maybe you should tie your mouth shut or get a mouth guard of some kind. The ulcers in my case are always caused by my pointy teeth poking my cheek. Your teeth obviously hate you.
Obviously my sub-concious is saying something like: "Fuck food and water, you don't need that shit! Fuck that stuff, and sleep, you don't need sleep. Sleep and nourishment are for pussies who can't live on will power alone."
Pft. I would need a calender to tell you when I last slept. :p

Maybe you should tie your mouth shut or get a mouth guard of some kind. The ulcers in my case are always caused by my pointy teeth poking my cheek. Your teeth obviously hate you.

Mine are on the bit just under my lower lip, my lower canines rub against that area constantly and the irritation prevents the area from healing properly. <_<

Orange people.....Jesus H Christ, either you have a carrot somewhere in your family tree or you are trying way to hard.

Yea I get them all the time as well. If it is really bad I would recommend some stuff called Bonjela. If you can find it over there then it can be really helpful.

You rub a dab on the ulcer and it stings like bloody hell fire for about 5 seconds but then the ulcer is pretty much completely pain free for about 2-3 hours.
** If you do look for this, make sure to get 'original', or 'cool' and not the Babies teething gel which probably wont help.

Actually found some of this in the medicine cupboard, seems to act as described. Although it is actually the teething gel, don't know why we have it seems as nobody in my family has been teething for about 10 years... :lol:

Latest annoying thins is something in my bedroom wall that moves about and makes tapping sounds in windy weather, the gale force winds we are having mean there is a constant, annoying "tap,tap,tap,tap" sound in my room. <_<

I get a tap tap tap sometimes when it was windy. Took me a long time to figure out it was the plaster cover on the outlet outside flapping in the wind.