The "Things that annoy me" thread

I have never had a funnel cake in my entire life. O_O

The only annoying thing I can think of right now is the burn I have on my knuckle from "work". Makes it tough to remove items from my pockets in my pants. It's pretty painful at times.

I never had funnel cakes growing up - the closest thing we had was fried dough. I can't wait to try some again.

Unfortunately, I will miss the Hopkinton State Fair this year, and have to wait til next year.

Hey! An actual annoyance! I'm on topic for once! :banana:

Funnel cakes annoy me, but in an odd way. The year was 1994 and I was 11 years old, my family and I were attending a Native American powwow to see the fancy dancers. I was enjoying my funnel cake near the top of a completely full set of portable bleachers. The need arose for me to travel to the bathroom and I decided that climbing over the side of the bleachers would be a better route to the restroom than wading through the sea of people...bad idea. My hands were covered in funnel cake grease and I feel like 10 feet and broke my arm and my awesome Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles watch... I vowed that day to never again eat a funnel cake and I haven't.

My current school: everything is closed or delayed, penn state harrisburg is closed as well. all due to flooding.

Guess who's college isnt closed so I'll have to spend an hour trying to find detours.

edit: if this lady on Good Morning America keeps mispronouncing central pa locations shes talking about..../annoyed

bureaucrats who have all the documents they need to make a decision, ignore them, cannot be reached, and when you finally get through to them have the gall to ask, "Do you always organise things this late?"

I'm so damn happy I'll be out of fucking Swabia next month. At times, it is soul-crushing.

That is the political way. Make it so hard to even communicate that it is impossible to get anything done that is better than the status quo.

But don't you at least get a piece of paper saying: "Congrats on not dropping out after two years!"?

Theists telling me, an atheist, what I believe; then calling me stupid when I correct them for saying atheism is a religion and correct them on the definition of atheism [saying it's a lack of faith, which it isn't, it's a rejection of belief in the existence of deities]; and then proceed to say I'm full of myself for not seeing the beauty in nature [I do see beauty in nature just not on their terms apparently, which I'm fine with because to me something naturally created by glacier movement, wind and water erosion, plate movement and other phenomenon is more beautiful then think some divine being made it].

I absolutely agree with you about atheism. Just because I don't ascribe the awe and beauty of the universe to some daddy figure in the sky doesn't mean I don't see it as awesome and beautiful. In fact, I probably see more awe and beauty in it, because I understand it better, because I constantly question and study the way the world works, instead of accepting my preist's word for "that's just how God made it". It's not only sunsets that are beautiful, but also the molecular forces that hold the atoms in a molecule of water together, and endothermic reactions, and black holes, and the duality of the properties of light, and the method by which living organisms reproduce their genetic code. There is beauty and awe in every bit of the universe, and I don't need to marvel at some nonexistent creator. The universe itself is amazing just as it is.

Tim Minchin has similar thoughts (long but worth it):

Flaky people. Especially ones that go hot then cold, sorta like that Katy Perry song

Yup, I love waking up at 5 AM to go to work at 6 or 6:30 AM. Especially when I can't fall asleep until 10 or 11 PM. (I genuinely do not like the morning at all. I just struggle with focus, yet nobody at work seems to complain too much. [Just a bit occasionally.])

At least for my birthday I don't have to go to work until 9 AM that morning. :?

Reclaiming words. It is offensive or not, pick one. You are an asshole if you go around using a slur in joke context and then flip off when someone you are talking to jokes with you because they are now a bigot. Hey guys, do you know if you have no mental illness you are a bigot for using words like "crazy", "insane" or even "sane"? FFS people. I know people who find the use of "dumb" or "lame" unbelievably offensive too. Really? Who uses those words in reference to disabled people anymore? They are used as sudoswears by children who won't even know the original meaning until they read Of Mice and Men in middle school. DAMN THOSE BIGOTED 10 YEAR OLDS.

Oh and I will add offensiveness based on intent behind it. Now if someone calls me a name, or makes a crude joke, 90% of the time I do not give a shit as it is a joke. The time to get pissed is when people mean what they say. So why is it, that music today that jokingly references things like degrading women are horrible scandals, but for part of their "non offensive" background music loop walgreens plays Georgie Girl?

Last edited:
Flaky people. Especially ones that go hot then cold, sorta like that Katy Perry song
Me too. Unfortunately I think this includes me at the moment; need to give myself a good slap :(

Last edited:
The god damn magpies that seem to be in every tree and swoop you if you are within 50 metres of it.

It can be a little bit frightening when you are riding your bike along the footpath and you hear a loud 'Clack' right behind your head. Only to look around and see a big magpie nosediving straight for you smashing its beak together.
And I refuse to wear a helmet that has those stupid .. thingies sticking out of it. And then you become paranoid and are always looking up or in your shadow to see if you are about to lose another piece of your ear.

*side note, 200th post :D

Last edited:
Tim Minchin has similar thoughts (long but worth it):
Tim Minchin is amazing, I'd aspire to be like him if I could sing! :lol:

Reclaiming words. It is offensive or not, pick one. You are an asshole if you go around using a slur in joke context and then flip off when someone you are talking to jokes with you because they are now a bigot...

...So why is it, that music today that jokingly references things like degrading women are horrible scandals, but for part of their "non offensive" background music loop walgreens plays Georgie Girl?

People are annoying like that. The funniest thing I head was somebody trying to say that as long as you spelt/pronounced "nigga'" with a the sharp "A" sound like a rapper it wasn't offensive any more... I'd love to see him try that in practice. :p Offensiveness is all in the context, some people don't seem to realise this and are simply offended by EVERYTHING.

Also I don't get what that song is about.

Im gonna get shit for this, but the tv networks are milking the anniversary. The kids of 9/11, the dogs of 9/11, the falafel sellers of 9/11.

Well that was always going to happen. I'm just glad essentially most of the stuff is on the American based Discovery, Nat Geo channels etc and haven't seeped onto the UKTV network (which includes Dave :p). I'm finding the Rising series pretty interesting personally.