The "Things that annoy me" thread

I just spent over 3 hours downloading Resident Evil 4 HD and now I'm getting a problem with the install due to corrupted data, I think I have to download it again, all 3.3 GB of it, oh deep fucking joy.

Last edited:
My overarching desire for something "beige" - it sucks.

Occupational Health and Safety.

I just spent an entire day going through all their crap after a surprise inspection.

I had to swap a lightbulb at work, I took a new lightbulb from the shelves (CFL), I open the box and reached for the thing with my fingers. As soon as I touched it, the glass broke and I cut my finger (just a scratch less than 1 cm long)... grrr... I've never, ever got cut with one of the old lightbulbs.

Um, doesn't a class include a teacher or an assistant?

Around here, teachers don't care, I've got two students one of my classes who watches youtube videos the whole time.

My teacher from a different class, told everyone a few days ago "I don't care if you pay attention or not, I didn't spend the 500 bucks or whatever it is for this class, it's your choice."

Lispy women; when they use any word with the letter "S", they drag out the letter and the sound registers in the high Hertz range. It annoys and irritates me to no end, along with women ending every sentence in a question.
The woman at the retail counter at this moment is doing both and I want to bash her head in.

Being on hold with your future boss for 10 min..thank God for speakerphone

Um, doesn't a class include a teacher or an assistant?
Yeah, people like that usually peep up when the teacher steps out of the room for a second and everyone starts talking. If it does happen when the teacher is in class, they usually get written up or sent to in-school suspension depending on the teacher.

you've shown patience, he could just hire you for that :p
or has he already done so? In that case: congrats on the new job :thumbsup:

Hah yeah she seems pretty nice. Thanks I'm excited myself.

Being on hold with your future boss for 10 min..thank God for speakerphone
Speaking of being put on hold: Companies that don't play stupid music in their waiting loop (which is bad enough), but do play advertisements.... FUCK YOU PEOPLE, I'm calling because I work for your software supplier and to sort out some problem or other, I AM NOT INTERESTED in buying your products AND NOW EVEN LESS.

Or just as bad: companies who try to offer "helpful" advice so you won't use their phone center.

"Did you know you can get help online? Just visit att.com and click the "live assistance" button."

No, I fucking can't, because you provide my fucking internet connection, which doesn't fucking work, which is why I'm fucking calling you, you stupid motherfuckers.

That's as annoying as those "Look online for possible solutions to this problem" suggestions in Windows, yeah, really fucking helpful when my router is being a bitch and not giving me internet.

Or if you already clicked on the online help section of a website only to find out there is nothing but maybe manuals that came with the thing on there and you have to call.

This happened to me a while ago when playing around with Linux: Updates avialable! Ok sure, let's download and install. Need to restart? Ah I see, it's because it was a kernel update. Restart complete... ah good it recognized that I need a new wifi card driver with the new kernel and is going to download that now. Wait a minute....

This happened to me a while ago when playing around with Linux: Updates avialable! Ok sure, let's download and install. Need to restart? Ah I see, it's because it was a kernel update. Restart complete... ah good it recognized that I need a new wifi card driver with the new kernel and is going to download that now. Wait a minute....
Ubuntu 11.04 ? :D same thing happend to me.