The "Things that annoy me" thread

<hands Momentum57 the weird crown>

Here, you earned it. :unsure:

Good now that I am King all men will wear sarongs and ladies will wear gabardine slacks (you know the ones that cup your butt)

BTW im annoyed by how the trend is for slim fit suits these days. However I do like showing my package off... so not quite sure on that ground.

Last edited:
When I buy a pricey box of muesli and there are oats in it. OATS.

Yes, because that's exactly what M?sli isn't. Oats.

Wikipedia said:
Muesli (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
/?mju?zl?/ or /?mu?zl?/; Swiss German: M?esli [?my?z?li], Standard German: M?sli) is a popular breakfast cereal based on uncooked rolled oats, fruit and nuts.

Well, no, because there is more than one kind. The more expensive kind doesn't have actual plain oats in it, ffs. I want my damn money back.

People in general lately.

Taking a day off work but forgetting to turn the alarm off. That 4am wake up buzzer was extremely unwelcome this morning. <_<

tech-ignorant coworkers

I certainly do not expect everyone to know about computer maintenance, but I do expect them - even the art history graduates - to have a minimum amount of common sense. Alas, it is not to be: today, the art historian coworker asked me if I could install the newly arrived dock for her notebook. Sure, it'll be quick, won't it? Well, it was, but what I cannot get over is the question she asked afterwards: "Can't we put this thing-in-between away and run everything on the dock? That thing takes up so much space on my desk!" The "thing in between" was, obviously, her notebook. However, she was satisfied when I told her that she can close it once it runs - shortly after that, her pencil cup, pad of post-its and various other desktop junk items rested solemnly on the top of her running, closed laptop. I am now thinking of coming in early tomorrow just to watch her figure out how to switch the damn thing on - the only switch is on the inside. Alternatively, I could send her an e-mail along the lines of "Congratulations! If you are reading this, you have figured out that putting every single item of desktop clutter that you can find on the top of your notebook is a bad idea." :evil:

Does every office has this kind of starry-eyed imbecile?

Yes. I was helping out a work colleague with printing problems a while ago. I told her to 'open the printer settings' on her computer and she pulled out the paper tray on the printer...

She also once asked 'how many legs does a duck have', which I realise is nothing to do with this topic, but does maybe flesh out her personality for you all? Don't get me wrong - she's lovely, and is one of my best friends at work, but she is very blonde.

Yes, though sometimes I wonder if it is not ignorance, just that their talents lie elsewhere. I know a woman who is a brilliant vet, one of those animal whisperer types and this weekend via Facebook I had to walk her through how to transfer photos from a camera to a computer VIA A USB CABLE.

Phew, good to read that I'm not the only one experiencing this kind of thing... oh, and yes: the coworker is blond. Which is weird because we also have a very blond intern whose only similarity with Mrs Art Historian is the hair colour.

I had to walk her through how to transfer photos from a camera to a computer VIA A USB CABLE.
I see your point, but after the problems that a stupid point-and-shoot Canon once caused me, I do now have a different view of this very issue. That thing boggled my mind. :blink:

... oh, and yes: the coworker is blond. Which is weird because we also have a very blond intern whose only similarity with Mrs Art Historian is the hair colour.
Well the only way I can get away with 'blonde' comments is that I'm blonde as well! (Literally, that is, not usually figuratively!)

That as soon as the weather gets a bit colder, the back of my hands gets dryer and dryer. It cracks and is pretty uncomfortable.

Okay, one thing that annoys me is music.

People always ask me what music I like, and I always give the same response. I'm not interested in it, I hardly listen to any. They normally give me a weird look and walk off at that point. :p

There's two things that annoys me about music. The obsession to listen to music all the time that it is suitable. I swear, some people are now impossible to talk to because they've always got an iPod thingy in or whatever. Great that you find listening to music much more interesting than listening to me, I'll bare that in mind next time you want to talk to me. :p

Also, I find it really annoying people who despite having headphones find the need to play their music so damn loud the whole bus/train/whatever can hear what they're listening to, even when there's notices up not to play it that loud. I think there should be people with hammers on public transport ready to smash music playing devices up if the owner is playing music too loud.

Moving aside from the iPod thing for a moment, the other thing I find annoying is how crap the music industry is of late. I think that a few years ago, you had to be properly talented to make it to the big time. These days, there's technology like autotune that can make anyone sound good, even if they haven't got an iota of talent within them. Plus, it's more about if you've got a pretty face and a mass of female fans who seem to suffer from OCD to the point they'll tweet about you every day and write crap like "Justin Bieber gives me the strength to carry on with life." Either a pretty face or a sad story, like your parents died when you were young but always wanted you to be a singer.

I just find music all a bit pointless to be honest, but if it makes someone's life better to the point they'll waste money going to see them live, great, just don't expect me to feel the same way.

Photoshop. Y U tell me that something has been saved (even overwritten for gods sake) and then not do so. Now I look like an idiot uploading the half done file to dA :|

My brain. tickets. VASCAR. fear of going broke. Spiders. People who don't get where your're coming from. Slow Typers. Cereal.

[...]I just find music all a bit pointless to be honest, but if it makes someone's life better to the point they'll waste money going to see them live, great, just don't expect me to feel the same way.
While I agree with a lot of what you wrote there ... that last sentence just makes me want to reply "that?s because you haven?t found the right music for you".

I know some people who used to have your attitude (music being pointless and stuff) but at some point in their lives, they all came across music that really blew them away emotionally (ironically stuff like "the beatles" did the trick - stuff you?d think they had already encounterd, but in fact didn?t) ... so my guess is that you really haven?t found yours up untill now.