The "Things that annoy me" thread

Refresh button for the internet: F5

Refresh button for the program I use for work: F3

I do a lot of alt + tab so you can see why this may be annoying.

lotus notes used to be the biggest culprit of this, F9 used to refresh now both F9 and F5 refresh - or hang your pc... (that's another feature of notes)

Last edited:
Pam Beesly you're a cunt.
Also, hurryingly trying to wrap the show up with only 1/2 episodes left? <_<

Flies are getting in my house and I don't know how. I've killed more in the last 24 hours than I have since I moved in nearly 4 years ago.

Maybe God is angry that his efforts to force me into suicide have failed, so now he is trying a miniature plague of miniature locusts. <_<

People who load their children in the car then drive them 400 feet to the school bus stop, parking their cars in the road congesting traffic while their children sit in the vehicle waiting for the bus to arrive.

People who load their children in the car then drive them 400 feet to the school bus stop, parking their cars in the road congesting traffic while their children sit in the vehicle waiting for the bus to arrive.

Parents who park on the clearly signed BUS STOP outside their kid's school, then whinge when I turn up IN A BUS, and either tell them to fuck off out of the way, or double park so damn close they can't wind their windows down, to let THEIR KIDS off the bus.

Because I should be pulling into the curb to let the kids off the bus....

I just found out that a house I put a bid on two years ago will be demolished and the land sold for less than I bid...

The house is over 100 years old and was beautiful at one point, and it could be again.

I just found out that a house I put a bid on two years ago will be demolished and the land sold for less than I bid...

The house is over 100 years old and was beautiful at one point, and it could be again.

well that is just unneccessary and fairly idiotic -.- consider me annoyed on your behalf, too :p

4th hotel room this week, I'm fed up with packing and unpacking...

A colleague of mine drives a Corvette and it's amazing what trouble she accepts, only to drive "something different than everyone else". The other day I overheard a phone call with her mechanic (who is located in Bremen, abut 120 km away from here), where she tried to manage a repair. Her Corvette had broken down on the Autobahn and even the ADAC guy couldn't help her out (and that means something, since they normally get almost every car running to the next garage again).

But her Corvette had to be loaded on a trailer and transported away. She wasn't very pleased with the ADAC guy's remark "Why can't you drive a VW or BMW?" and was a bit lost with words, because she couldn't think of any reason, except wanting to own "something different".

It might be fun to drive an American muscle car or truck here and I'm all for individuality but with competent garages only sparsely scattered throughout the country, massive spare part problems and the cost of all of it, I'd honestly rather have my Golf.

I'm sorry but my life consists of more than driving a fancy car and I don't go to work to be able to finance repair costs.

That's funny because that is what my sister goes through here with her BMW...

Instead that in Macdeutchlanduberalles case the woman at least has a Corvette for her troubles.....

You really must have some deeply-rooted feelings of inferiority within yourself... That's the only explanation for dumping so much hate on somebody you don't even know.

At first I thought you maybe had to compensate for certain physical shortcomings but it's gotta be more than just that, when you get so worked up over nothing really.

Anyway, I feel sorry for you...

Internet Exploder. Some moron in the IT department decided to remove Firefox from all the library computers.

Speeding Tickets. Yes, I know its illegal and there is never an excuse for breaking the law but it still annoys the shit out of me. Especially when people are doing the following: texting and driving, driving without insurance, driving cars that shouldn't be on the road, ride your ass, don't know how to drive a manual car.

See in that case it is a design feature not a problem...

There's no excuse for unjustified speed limits either. They exist to generate revenue, not to make traffic safer.

Yup.

The street that my office is on has a big hill on it. Fairly busy two lane road but at the bottom of the hill it dumps out into a residential neighborhood with sidewalks. At the top of the hill it is 40-50 mph depending on how far up you are. At the bottom it slows to 25 mph but the cops won't pull you over unless you are doing over 30. That makes sense as 40 plus mph down a tight two lane street with sidewalks is a bad idea.

Now in another town you have a similar situation.

Medium sized hill and lower speed limit of 40 mph but at the bottom of the hill the houses are pushed way back, it is mixed use residential commercial and no sidewalks. There is no reason for the speed limit to drop down to 25 until you get another mile or so down the road and the first stop light comes up. The reason it changes right at the bottom of the hill is that the hill goes from slightly steep to very steep in the last 300 feet. You can be coasting at just under 40 and then the speed limit goes to 25 right when you hit this super steep section of road. No way you can slow down to 25 before the cop hiding behind the hedges at the next road catches you with radar.

Last edited:
This just happened in the midst of me typing this:

"Don't wreck my car...if you wreck my car i'll kick your ass!"

So, you ask me to do you a favor.....but then insult me. Thanks.

For the record I have never as much as dented any of my parents cars...but nope...I'm untrustworthy.

Still annoying that im hearing it since the first day I sat in the front seat to begin learning how to drive.

Internet Exploder. Some moron in the IT department decided to remove Firefox from all the library computers.

Surprised they don't know about firefox ESR.

Last edited:
This just happened in the midst of me typing this:

"Don't wreck my car...if you wreck my car i'll kick your ass!"

So, you ask me to do you a favor.....but then insult me. Thanks.

For the record I have never as much as dented any of my parents cars...but nope...I'm untrustworthy.

Still annoying that im hearing it since the first day I sat in the front seat to begin learning how to drive.

Sounds like a conversation I had with my a-mom last week when I was in Maine.

I took them out to an early Mother's Day breakfast as I would be spending actual Mother's Day with my birth family in New Hampshire. We had to take her Impala because my 79 year old father could not get in the back of my car. As we were backing out of the garage, my mother gets awful close to my car.

Me - "Don't hit my car!"

Mom - "Don't tell me how to drive!"

Me - "I'm not telling you how to drive, I'm telling you don't hit my car!"

This is a 78 year old woman driving a Chevy Impala - the car that has taken the place of the Buick LeSabre on the list of "cars most likely to crash into stores/crowds of pedestrians" - so you can imagine my concern.