The "Things that annoy me" thread

My, quite frankly, amazing procrastination skills.

2 weeks ago had the lappy hooked up to my data storage and did a partial backup of easily replaceable crap. Got distracted, forgot the rest.

:wall:

I feel your pain. :hug: I got on my main PC this morning, had a message box appear that said I should backup my hard drive because an error was detected. OK, start backup then. 7% in the fucking thing crashes! :wall: I admittedly haven't done a backup in quite some time, so I'm sure I lost something, or most everything.

I back up every week onto a 1 TB disc drive. A few years ago I lost 3 years of raw, unedited photos because I didn't back up.

Now I have my photos, raw and unprocessed, on:

The desktop drive
The external drive
The laptop
Mitsui Gold DVD's in a safe deposit box
Photo hosting website
Facebook
SD cards
Various USB sticks

Never, EVER will take a risk a again.

hypoglycaemia

I just happened to skip lunch today, did some housework, took a shower, got ready to leave and at that precise moment, Mr Body declared that I wasn't going anywhere for a while. D'oh!

I back up every week onto a 1 TB disc drive. A few years ago I lost 3 years of raw, unedited photos because I didn't back up.

Now I have my photos, raw and unprocessed, on:

The desktop drive
The external drive
The laptop
Mitsui Gold DVD's in a safe deposit box
Photo hosting website
Facebook
SD cards
Various USB sticks

Never, EVER will take a risk a again.

That reminds me, I need to backup my laptop....

Tomorrow. :lol:

I have an SSD and a HDD in my laptop, the SSD is regularly backed up on (part of) the HDD and all of that goes on an external disk every week or so... works perfectly, I've never once regretted sacrificing the optical drive for it.

When I need to wake up next morning and get a good amount of sleep, I can stay up all night
When I want to stay up all night, I sleep like a baby

Stopped to grab a few things for lunch tomorrow, at the supermarket on the way home tonight. Left a bag at the counter. Too late to go back and get it.

And the staff isn't courteous enough to hold it for you in case you come back for it?

I called the store, and they have it there for me. Well the items were returned to the shelf (there was some perishable goods), but they have a list and my name, so I can get them tomorrow after work if I take in my receipt.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. My camera is broken - the lens cover won't open/close properly anymore. And that a week before I'll go on vacation...

Plus, the warranty period of one year is long over, of course. :(

Last edited:
What do you mean by "lens cover"? Those little plastic flaps in front of the lens that close when you switch a P&S camera off?

Yes, indeed. But all is well again, I hope: Apparently the flaps were blocked mechanically. From the look of things, the front of the lens housing was dented inwards a little. I took my smallest screwdriver and dented it back out. Now I just hope the lens didn't suffer scratching while the camera was in the bag with a half-open cover.

I BACK UP NOTHING! NOTHINGGGG!

But this is because all my important data is stored in the cloud and everything I store locally I can easily replace.

The fact that I procrastinate WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH. I have a 700 word essay due in 11 hours that I'm only halfway through, an astronomy exam, and a few humanities questions to answer. Seems pretty easy you say? Not with ADD.

My computer just blew its PSU... And of course it does that right after all computer shops in the area close...

Working on a project with a deadline, in the final days before the deadline you work like hell to meet that deadline and then when the deadline is near and you are also almost finished ... the deadline is moved ahead. Not only some hours or days, but fucking WEEKS. This not only means all the stress from the last days was for nothing, it will also mean a lot more work since now there is enough time to overhaul the complete project (wich will happen, ?cause with time comes ideas) ...