The "Things that annoy me" thread

Dentists...

In the US in particular. Never had a good experience. They always claim that you need something done. Several months later I would see my regular dentist, the one that has been treating me since I was a kid, and when he looks at the xrays and does an exam he sees nothing wrong.

Why am I complaining? Because I am unable to go see him this year, I went to the dentist clinic that we have at the University as we get excellent employee insurance. They told me I need to fillings replaced. The guy replaced them last week and now one tooth hurts like hell and feels wrong. Went back and the dentist told me that it is normal - it might hurt for another week or two, but then it will go away. What the hell? I've had many fillings over the years and that has never been the case!

I don't know what to do now. They suggested I take Advil. What? Take Advil every day...for the rest of my life?

Needless to say, I am not a happy camper. It messes with my sleep and I can chew only on the other side.

"Experts"...

i had some fillings put in a few years back and had a similar experience... it just felt wrong somehow and the feeling wouldn't go away... until it did... after about 10 days or so. now, i don't notice anything anymore :dunno:

I had the same thing happen years ago; my regular dentist was away, so I had to see another one. Fortunately, the former wasn't away for long and cleaned up the other guy's mess: he hadn't disinfected the cavity properly, which was giving me massive pain. First time I was ever given a narcotic. <_<

Dentists... In the US in particular. Never had a good experience. They always claim that you need something done.

Ah the NHS. Where things are a little...different. When I knocked out my front teeth mountain biking (went to the hospital where they sort of shoved them back in then used stitches round them to hold them in place - lovely photo) I had to go to a local dentist (but not the decent childhood one like you say). He, being dodgy as fuck, said that nothing was wrong and nothing needed doing, except for root canals as soon as possible.

I went down to the decent one back in my hometown, and sure enough he removed the stitches, solidly braced my teeth together and to the surrounding teeth using plastic filler stuff and clearly stated that doing root canals asap would basically destroy the teeth so they wouldn't last nearly as long. This is a dentist who put a temporary filling when I chipped my front teeth when I was about 8. Those fillings only came out when I did this last year :lol:

Dentists indeed...

Last edited:
The network coverage on trains suck.

If it's the latter then go knock on the door - "Hey, guys it sounds like you're having a lot of fun. Can I join in, or at the very least watch?" Failing that stick something similar on a note through the letterbox. See how long the bastard's erection lasts when he gets the mental picture of you looking at him on the job. :evil:

We always have Brain Bleach on hand at Ringmeet if you can drag your arse there. It's a necessity given some of the mental images we manage to conjure up between us.

arseholes who start using a hammer drill at 8:30 the morning after a World Cup win

At night, I couldn't sleep for the noise of the festivities and now I'm awake again because this caging runt keeps making the entire building vibrate. <_<

i had some fillings put in a few years back and had a similar experience... it just felt wrong somehow and the feeling wouldn't go away... until it did... after about 10 days or so. now, i don't notice anything anymore :dunno:

I had the same thing happen years ago; my regular dentist was away, so I had to see another one. Fortunately, the former wasn't away for long and cleaned up the other guy's mess: he hadn't disinfected the cavity properly, which was giving me massive pain. First time I was ever given a narcotic. <_<

It has been 10 days since the filling. It still hurts when I chew on it, it is sensitive on cold/hot, and I get a constant dull pain in my jaw, sometimes ear. Went back today and I just wanted to talk to the dentist to see what the options are. He wouldn't even see me for a minute - he just sent back the receptionist to tell me to give it two more weeks and the pain should go away...

You don't call the IT department when you have a virus on your computer for them to tell you to wait two weeks and it may go away.

Ah the NHS. Where things are a little...different. When I knocked out my front teeth mountain biking (went to the hospital where they sort of shoved them back in then used stitches round them to hold them in place - lovely photo) I had to go to a local dentist (but not the decent childhood one like you say). He, being dodgy as fuck, said that nothing was wrong and nothing needed doing, except for root canals as soon as possible.

I went down to the decent one back in my hometown, and sure enough he removed the stitches, solidly braced my teeth together and to the surrounding teeth using plastic filler stuff and clearly stated that doing root canals asap would basically destroy the teeth so they wouldn't last nearly as long. This is a dentist who put a temporary filling when I chipped my front teeth when I was about 8. Those fillings only came out when I did this last year :lol:

Dentists indeed...

The one time I had temp fillings they came out after a day or two when I was eating pizza. :blink: Fuck me, it tasted horrible.

Well those temp fillings were just small chips. The partially temporary fillings I had after knocking the teeth out (and snapping one in half) lasted only a couple of months until some particularly chewy french bread on the roadtrip did the honours. Hence all the photos of me at Ringmeet last year include chipped teeth :lol: Now I have a veneer and it's doing well so far...

Been getting more an' more of them market research/telemarketer calls recently. What's really bothering me is the fact that most of them call me Sir when I answer the phone and carry on calling me Sir. o_O I can't help it that I've got quite a deep voice but I definitely don't have a set of bollocks.

Been getting more an' more of them market research/telemarketer calls recently. What's really bothering me is the fact that most of them call me Sir when I answer the phone and carry on calling me Sir. o_O I can't help it that I've got quite a deep voice but I definitely don't have a set of bollocks.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

You're welcome.

So, I've probably posted this before, but today's travels reminded me.

People who don't turn the fragging headlights on when it's raining. And not just a little shower. I'm talking full on, driving rain from a big ass thunderstorm!

While I'm at it, they should also use their signals/indicators!