The "Things that annoy me" thread

People who assume they know your habits and mannerisms. My step mom asked somewhat annoyed if I was going to go down stairs and get a drink before bed (I guess she hears noise and can't sleep) ...I'm confused and go no...I'm not.

She then turns to my dad and goes, he always goes downstairs and gets an drink and he agrees and says 'I do hear him rustling around sometimes..."

The fuck? I never even leave the bedroom late at night but because they hear something else they're (mainly her because she can hear a goddamn pin drop for some reason) convinced I do that.

Gahh so irritating. What's even more irritating is that its likely me just pissing in the middle of the night but there will be no convincing them otherwise.

Its like my dad assuming that I'm still obsessed with infomercials even though I'm not anymore...no matter how I try to tell him, he thinks other wise.

Or that I actually did get along with my jock roommates when I was living in college dorms..."yeah but they knew you were a geek...you weren't on their level..."

That 1k I have chilling in an envelope...yeah fuck the car for now, I'm going forward with moving before we end up driving each other crazy like before. Life's too fucking short to be miserable and since I'd be living in towns where other coworkers live, if I need a ride to work I could take it if things go south transport wise.

Edit: I have no idea why this irritates me as much as it does..but it drives me up the wall. Maybe its because I really never had the chance for true independent expression as a young child...I always felt pressure to go along with what everyone else wanted or agree with their notions.

As a result I missed out on a lot of things I wanted to do but am now to old to really try without being awkward.

Yeah things got deep there.....

Last edited:
stupid digital rights management

You're not supposed to use one device with two Apple IDs (store accounts, in other words), but if you like US TV shows, a US account can be very helpful. But once you "tie" a device to an account, so as to be able to download new episodes as they become available, it'll stay tied to that account for 90 days. This is to keep you from getting new stuff when you want it as opposed to when the copywrong owners deem appropriate. So I'm here downloading content with my phone, dancing a log-out-log-in fandango on my laptop (from my German account to my American one), transferring everything to the laptop and then dancing another log-out-log-in fandango because my German account is the main one.

All because some stupid suited-up assfaces are too arrogant to let people use their purchases the way they want to. And then they wonder why illegal downloads are so big. :wall:

Last edited:
Youtube: I'm trying to watch a video from Primus. Why does your advertising algorithm think that I'd be interesting in seeing a 30-second, non-skipable clip for Jennifer Lopez's new song?

Because you watched the Latina music award show for all that fine booty! :p

Well...I mean...yeah, but...

New one: people who give you a phone number in a fucked-up cadence.

EVERY HUMAN BEING who gives out a US phone number should know to read it like this: 123-123-12-12.

Why did this fuckhead have to say it like this: 1 123 123 12............1 (yes, with that extra long space before the last digit)? How the hell am I supposed to remember that number?

Last edited:
you're supposed to write it down i guess...
similar annoyance: my phone forcing numbers into said US format so i don't see what part of it is the actual number and what part is the area code or whatever :?

first world problems and all that :D

Not anymore. I used to know dozens of numbers just for work, but that was decades ago. :wheelchair:

Youtube: I'm trying to watch a video from Primus. Why does your advertising algorithm think that I'd be interesting in seeing a 30-second, non-skipable clip for Jennifer Lopez's new song?

I've watched it. If you mute it it's just a bunch of women's asses bouncing around. You could do a lot worse...

The fact I just spent nearly 20 quid on buttons for a friggin' costume. -_-

Rookie error. You want buttons without spending a fortune then hit up the charity shops. Ask them if you can root through anything they don't deem fit for sale.

Rookie error. You want buttons without spending a fortune then hit up the charity shops. Ask them if you can root through anything they don't deem fit for sale.

Nope. Not a rookie mistake. Not when you need 14 identical white buttons nearly 2 inches in diameter. o_O I've been in a shit load of shops and the local craft and haberdashery shops too who had zilch. -_-

I have somehow managed to burn an image into a LCD monitor. It is not really that bad when surfing or just on the desktop, but when you switch to a game or video, it sticks out and is quite distracting. I was always told I would do this with my plasma TV using it for console gaming, but no, I do it to a monitor.

What? It was 1:18pm when you posted, you call that early? :p

Yes, I know you're in Arkansas where it was 6:18am...

The "Things that annoy me" thread

I have somehow managed to burn an image into a LCD monitor. It is not really that bad when surfing or just on the desktop, but when you switch to a game or video, it sticks out and is quite distracting. I was always told I would do this with my plasma TV using it for console gaming, but no, I do it to a monitor.

It can be done. My church uses various Mac computers and one of the iMacs was set to never shut the screen off. There's a burn in of the desktop on it.

Last edited:
DHL... need I say more? :rolleyes:

Agree, went to them, they quoted me 30$ import tax this, fine for that, no objection from local distributor etc etc. Went to Fedex, (company offers us both with HEAVY discounts) done within 2 minutes with full insurance and was delivered in under 24 hours.

It can be done. My church uses various Mac computers and one of the iMacs was set to never shut the screen off. There's a burn in of the desktop on it.

But this was not even an icon on the desktop which I would think would be the first thing to burn in. This is only one spot too, and anything that is white, except the icons get burned in.