The "Things that annoy me" thread

People who say stuff like "I don?t want negative people in my life" when they actually mean "I only take support from others when I need it, not give it when somebody else needs it".

You?re a self-centered asshat and you don?t deserve "positive people" aka people who help you the fuck out when you?re in the fucking shit yourself.

People who say stuff like "I don?t want negative people in my life" when they actually mean "I only take support from others when I need it, not give it when somebody else needs it".

You?re a self-centered asshat and you don?t deserve "positive people" aka people who help you the fuck out when you?re in the fucking shit yourself.

That's not true. Someone I work with has had a real problem with "friends" who were very toxic but for a long while she lacked the confidence to rid herself of them for fear of being alone. Eventually she did find the strength and they went on to show their true colours. In all cases these were people who were life's "takers" and only ever around when there was something in it for them.

I have to agree with MWF, some people just always need support, help, financial aid, whatever, they are like energy vampires.....after a while you just want to hit them over the head with a shovel.

People who don't read and digest the instructions for electronic equipment and then complain because said item doesn't function how they imagine it should.

If that was addressed to me : sorry, but no. It just doesn't play them in the right order.
I am one of that rarest of breeds : a man who reads manuals.

so for it to play them in the right order, you'd simply have to add the track number as a numeral at the start of the file name... where's the problem? :D

I have to agree with MWF, some people just always need support, help, financial aid, whatever, they are like energy vampires.....after a while you just want to hit them over the head with a shovel.

There are those cases too, yes.
But I?m observing a case now where said "positive only" person is refusing to help a common buddy who is going through a rough phase in his life. Helping in this case means lending him your ear to talk to him while having a beer so he can get some stuff of his chest. And of course, if you go 5 years back, the roles were pretty much reversed - mrs "Positive only" was the one who was being helped and could cry her eyes out at the shoulder of the guy she?s now refusing to even see.

There are people that only take from their friends. And then they say shit like "I only want positive people in my life" to hide the fact that they are in fact just awful human beings.

Last edited:
Car stereos that play songs in alphabetical order, rather than album order. Frustrating.
Oh this. Very much this. It has ID3 tags, just use them dammit! My Astra did this all the time
so for it to play them in the right order, you'd simply have to add the track number as a numeral at the start of the file name... where's the problem? :D
Because some of my music library is just the track name and I can't be arsed to rename thousands of files when I don't need to?

Well I don't, as long as my stereo automatically orders them based on the order in the tags(which I have ordered and named properly) instead of the actual filenames, which are irrellevant.

It happens when I hook up an iPod. When I listen to the iPod with earphones, it plays the album tracks in the correct order. When I hook it up to the car stereo, all of a sudden it's alphabetic. Does not compute.

Because it's playing via the "songs" folder. I'm sure if you pointed said car stereo to a folder, it'll work. Don't assume the the stereo can read said device where you left off when using it locally instead via a remote system such as a car stereo.

Listen, buddy. As long as you do not put an audio CD into the slot but use a USB stick or an SD card or a data CD to play songs, the computer will always play the songs in alphabetical order. Always. A CD has a pre-defined order in which the songs are to be played. A data storage device doesen't. If you use your iPod, make sure you set it up right. An iPod is a little more complicated to handle than putting a CD in.

I understand that it's annoying but there is no reason to complain because basically it's because you either didn't think of naming the files right or make some mistake in using the device and therefore you can only be annoyed by yourself.

And if it really is your radio that's responsible: Get something decent next time ;)

Last edited:
When I put a USB stick in, it actually plays the album tracks in the correct order...
But apparently everybody else knows my car stereo better than I do myself, so I'll just let it go.

Just buy a 64 gb usb drive and ditch the ipod?

As arrival scans still are for losers, I can only report that my parcel left Frankfurt/Main at 8:50 this morning. We'll see what happens next (ideally: a delivery note in my mailbox tomorrow morning).
It got delivered to the customs office in Berlin today, where I'll have to pay import duty on it. Customs office is closed on Saturdays. On to Monday, then...

Just buy a 64 gb usb drive and ditch the ipod?
I tried the ipod because the very disappointing OEM headunit in my wife's car has a rather cavalier approach to USB sticks.
I have zero issues with the Alpine in my car. Even the OEM unit in the XV worked just as I'd expect it to. It's just that crap, no-name radio in my wife's car that doesn't want to play nice.
The easy way out is simply upgrading the headunit to an aftermarket one.