The "Things that annoy me" thread

Why don't you have the package sent to your work?

I don't know the address from memory, it's also a farm so couriers frequently get lost trying to get there anyway. I once saw three packages on my boss's desk, all had a different postcode (Clearly I'm not the only one who doesn't know the address!) but were intended to go to the same place, the only one with the right postcode had ended up being delivered 10 miles away at head office. :lol:

Seriously, though, just look at any discussion at SPIEGEL online, topic is irrelevant. For the first two or three pages you always wonder what type of drugs the posters have taken and if they write from their cell in a mental institution.
You mean like this? :wall:

(spoilered because it's in German)

Artikel: Nepal nach dem Beben: "Leichte Beute f?r Menschenh?ndler"

erster Kommentar:

Heute, 18:48 von behrend64
Interessant an dem Artikel finde ich vor allem die folgenden Fragen.
Wie gro? ist in einem der ?rmsten L?nder der Welt die "f?hrende Organisation im Kampf gegen M?dchenhandel und Zwangsprostitution"? Handelt es sich tats?chlich um eine nepalesische Organisation? Warum erfahre ich als deutscher Leser eigentlich von der Problematik? Normalerweise werden doch eher Vorg?nge berichtet,die jedenfalls theoretisch Anlass daf?r bieten k?nnen, dass die einschl?gigen Forumsstimmen eine irgendwie geartete deutsche Mitschuld an den Vorg?ngen konstruieren. Das scheint mir in diesem Fall wohl ausnahmsweise ausgeschlossen. Oder verf?gen die Menschenh?ndler ?ber deutsche Waffen? Muss ich mich als MAnn m?glicherweise mitschuldig f?hle? M?ssen wir nun eine Luftbr?cke nach Europa organisieren um den betroffenen M?dchen zu helfen?

Wat (in german pronunciation, not in english)? :blink: Yeah, that guy really needs help, if he thinks every article is bound to have something to do with a german complicity for whatever...

Wat (in german pronunciation, not in english)? :blink: Yeah, that guy really needs help, if he thinks every article is bound to have something to do with a german complicity for whatever...
It's probably his own variation on the "Those grubby lefty-green bastards are out to get us all!" farce that certain people employ so skilfully in order to sell their "books". You know, that grand conspiracy of public broadcasters, leading newspapers and so on that the poor sods believe is working to turn them into hybrid-driving vegetarians.

I should write a book....

Why every single big music concert always happens in the two largest brazillian cities (S?o Paulo and Rio de Janeiro)?

I will need to travel 8 hours by bus or take a 2+ hour plane trip just to see a Zakk Wylde concert in August, so basically i'm spending part of my birthday inside a bus/plane and away from most of my family. Also it will be the first time that i go alone to S?o Paulo, i'm pretty sure i will spend half of the time lost in that huge and chaotic city.

My broken room A/C unit, the exhaust fan for the condenser has two or three broken blades. As a result, the fan spins off-balance and sounds like a helicopter and vibrates just as much. You can't bear it for more than a few minutes at a time. I have a new unit on order, but I have to deal with this noise for around a week.

Losing my wallet - its either at my desk, at a co-workers office, in a school basement, in a storage room or in a random classroom...several of which could be an active construction site.

If I've truly lost everything (or if it turns up on the construction site...there goes weeks of my life filing police reports, cancelling ALL the things, freezing my credit, etc.)

I also would not be able to get a debit card for "several weeks" pretty much chaining me to my bank branch.

Also, fuck humidity. I feel like a fucking dirtball because it ends up making me sweat just enough to be sticky and greasy when I am home before the sun goes down and things start to cool off. I'm fine all day at work because AC.

At work, the A/C is garbage, it cools down but doesn't remove humidity if that makes sense. At home, I just emptied the popcorn tin I have under my A/C unit's drain port to save my front porch decking from getting soaked. Plus the de-humidifer is doing it's job keeping the portion of the basement that gets damp during rain storms...

But seriously, how the hell does a building stay humid while the room is getting cooled? It takes the entire morning just to get it to kick on the compressor (economizers on glorified residential HVAC systems (commercial HVAC equipment) sucks balls)

While we're complaining about air conditioning...

Probably due to the fire code, my complex has butterfly dampers that automatically close if there's a fire to...I guess make sure the fire doesn't get air. I've been wondering why my bedroom doesn't get much air, I thought it was just underpowered unit. Finally went up there this weekend, discovered I've spent the last YEAR with low airflow because the damn thing closed itself and I didn't know it was there. There was no fire why are you closed?! Just to make it 5 degrees warmer than necessary?

I found my wallet in a classroom....and all was good again

I hate when you ask an eBay seller if they have any more photos of an item and they reply with a simple "no" as if you are bothering them.

You're better asking them politely to take more photos and if they decline then take that as the sign that they are hiding something and look at other options.

Finally caving after several years and buying a ticket to see one of my favourite bands (the Foos) and have them cancel one week before the show.....

Well, Dave deserves some time off for finishing the show in which he breaks his leg/foot.

People who think you can fly with children. You know how roller coasters have a height restriction? Flying should have an age restriction.

Last edited:
They put pets in carriers in the hold, right? Not that much of a leap of faith....

People who think you can fly with children. You know how roller coasters have a high restriction? Flying should have an age restriction.
I currently have just shy of 300 commercial flights under my belt. On only one did a child seriously annoy me. As for adults, I've stopped counting how often some of those turned out to be nuisances... the two idiots who once were one moment away from starting a fist fight over the seat recline were particularly impressive.

My problem is often not with the children, they typically do not know better. Parents who are not there to set expectations for behaviour, are my problem. When your kid is out in public, it is meant to be on its best behaviour. Parents are responsible for deciding when and where their children are appropriate. They are meant to know when the children may need to be fed or a nap and so forth. Bringing your children out fifteen minutes before nap time, is NOT a good idea, etc.