The "Things that annoy me" thread

Bol.com, for those of you lucky enough not to live in the Lowlands, it's the local version of Amazon, I have never ordered from them because they over-advertise, and everyone who advertises that much has something to hide.

However this time they had just what I needed, in stock, and on next day shipping, so against better judgment I gave them a try.....9 days and plenty of 'order confirmed' , 'order processed' and 'order ready for shipping' later? You guessed it, nada, 'chatted' with what was either a human being only capable of speaking in pre-learned sentences, or a bot, and they found out it 'got lost' on their end and that they would be sending a replacement....by next week.

The kicker? This was a Birthday present for my girl, and her birthday is tomorrow.

Shit. :(

Steel fence? As such.

Shits expensive.
We have a huge block, the local council own the land on 3 sides of us (the 3 sides that need a new fence), and they do not pay half of anyone's fence.

Bol.com, for those of you lucky enough not to live in the Lowlands, it's the local version of Amazon, I have never ordered from them because they over-advertise, and everyone who advertises that much has something to hide.

However this time they had just what I needed, in stock, and on next day shipping, so against better judgment I gave them a try.....9 days and plenty of 'order confirmed' , 'order processed' and 'order ready for shipping' later? You guessed it, nada, 'chatted' with what was either a human being only capable of speaking in pre-learned sentences, or a bot, and they found out it 'got lost' on their end and that they would be sending a replacement....by next week.

The kicker? This was a Birthday present for my girl, and her birthday is tomorrow.

Note to others: don't attempt to go there at work - it'll likely be blocked due to nudity.. o_O

It has the word "body" on it!! The horror!!! Won't someone please think about the children???

Except you Belgians. We don't want you thinking about children. Not after that last bloke.

Damn - last week I ordered GlucoLift glucose tablets in the US since they only ship to the US and Canada and my uncle who lives in the US came over here today. They have three flavors, but when I ordered there was only Orange Cream flavor available so I ordered some of those. Afterwards even Orange Cream wasn't available so I thought they would be sold out again, but when I checked the website today all three flavors are available again. If they would have had all three flavors available when I ordered I would have taken some of every flavor...

Dogs are worse as pets, mostly the smaller ones. Both of the small dogs in our house are pathetic and neurotic. Maybe they're sweet and cuddly every so often, mostly just annoying.

I completely disagree... Dogs are awesome because you can teach them shit, and they listen and stuff. Cats just do whatever the hell they want and annoy you for food...

Bol.com = Dutch. You shoulda known.
They're also more expensive than most sites, but they do seem to have pretty much everything

Cat hair is starting to make its way onto my clothing.

1. Make sure the cat(s) can't get into the bedroom at any time.

2. Allocate 2-3 sets of clothes as "cat clothes".

3. Wear only cat clothes in the rest of the house, and "normal" clothes in the bedroom and, obviously, when going out.

4. Wash cat clothes and normal clothes separately from each other.

You'll still get a small amount of cat hair on your normal clothes as you walk through the "cat areas", it's unavoidable, but it solves a large part of the problem.

place cat in designated clothes dryer to remove any loose lint or hair.

I'm trying to grow a full beard for the first time in my life but man it takes forever!

Almost one month without shaving and it's still a bit patchy...

People who wait for a reply on our internal corporate IM system.

The number of times I get a instant message "Hey Michael" and nothing else is absurd. Write out everything you need and I'll try to help. But for me to reply "Yes?" or something is really annoying.

I completely disagree... Dogs are awesome because you can teach them shit, and they listen and stuff. Cats just do whatever the hell they want and annoy you for food...
Nah, he's right. I'm a dog person and 99% of tiny dogs annoy the hell put of me. They're too dumb to be useful. My brother's wife has two Chihuahuas and I'd take a half feral cat over them.

place cat in designated clothes dryer to remove any loose lint or hair.
Astronaut training! Gotta prepare kitty ... for the g-forces ... or something. :p

People who wait for a reply on our internal corporate IM system.

The number of times I get a instant message "Hey Michael" and nothing else is absurd. Write out everything you need and I'll try to help. But for me to reply "Yes?" or something is really annoying.

At least they use inter office IM. We have it in the form of GAFE Hangouts but not even within our own dept do we use it.

Instead people treat email as if it's instant messenger...with frustrating "but I thought you were in X location!?" esque results.

Hopefully I can get my stitches out at tomorow's doctor's appointment, my gutters are clogged with shit forcing water in places that make my basement damp. I'm not climbing up on my roof until I have both hands at 100%.

I made a claim to my home warranty company because my sump pump doesn't seem to be filling up like it should.

/rambling.

I'm annoyed with having a gimpy hand. It's made work and general activities difficult. I can't use my stitched hand with too much strength because the stitches start to move pulling my skin apart.

Last edited:
Damn - last week I ordered GlucoLift glucose tablets in the US since they only ship to the US and Canada and my uncle who lives in the US came over here today. They have three flavors, but when I ordered there was only Orange Cream flavor available so I ordered some of those. Afterwards even Orange Cream wasn't available so I thought they would be sold out again, but when I checked the website today all three flavors are available again. If they would have had all three flavors available when I ordered I would have taken some of every flavor...
Ok. So why are you wanting glucose tablets at all?

I don't want them per se, but I kinda need them to counter low blood sugar since I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic.

Dextro Energen? Granted, the do not taste that good, but as they serve as emergency medicine only...

They taste bad and are much too chalky. I tried numerous fast-acting glucose and GlucoLift is simply the best.