The "Things that annoy me" thread

In related annoyances, when I got my french-cellphone-number, I got an already used one. The annoying part are the advertisement-sms that I get from a lot of clothing-chaines. They often come in sometime early in the morning and wake me. I also used to get calls (sometimes late at night) from "friends" of the former number-owner who she didn?t tell she had a new number, but those went away quite quickly. But the ads keep coming and I have to manually blacklist these numbers ... I tried writing an e-mail to one especially annoying clothing-chain, but they just replied "to change your number or deactivate the service you just have to log into your account on our website" totally missing the point ...

Reading classifieds annoys me so bad, so many spelling errors, so many bad pictures like this

XlSBQxV.png

and this

UR1kXyQ.png

I mean, how much stupid can one handle.

One of my neighbors is playing wubstep or techno with the bass turned up after 10:30pm...

I just got woken up moments ago (it's 2:41 am now) for a phone call from another hospital trying to transfer a patient to my hospital, to be put under my care for Internal Medicine.

With a small bleed in the brain and an orbital blowout fracture.

For those of you scratching their heads right now, this would be akin to my being called about admitting a patient to me that has a baby to be delivered, I.e. completely the wrong service to be calling.

I don't think it was the referring doc who made this decision to contact me, but rather the official "mediating" service we have in place for transfers. They should have known better. Now I'm wide awake after having been at work since last morning until late this evening, for something I should never even have been asked about.

Yeah, I'm annoyed.

Why do I keep seeing bits on the news about the stupid new starbucks cup? It is not a news worthy item. Do these news critters (yeah, they just got demoted) own stock in the company? Do they get free coffee for doing it?

:wall:

Although...to be fair, I do kinda see how some might be offended.

NKWVXN5.jpg

The Secretaries at the main office in one of the elementary schools I visit were talking about it (and also how some mall display had santa in a ice cave w/out Christmas decorations or some shit) and they were annoyed that it was "taking away something that most people here believe in just to benefit a few...."

I don't talk about religion (or my lack thereof) at work as a rule so i tried to couch the conversation by stating "Well I'm sure the Native Americans didn't celebrate Christmas soooo...."

Eh didn't work (taking some bullshit opinions to their logical conclusion didn't work? Shocking! *sarcasm*), whatever.

And some "social media" uber religious douche wants his followers to flock to Starbucks and force baristas to write Merry Christmas on the cups. THAT really pisses me off. As a former retail/customer service person, I figure these employees already get enough shit from the public in one day to have to deal with self righteous smug asswipes.

I have nothing against religious people, I honestly don't. Those two secretaries and I get along quite handsomely for example. But fuck if the more vocal "war on my religion/American values" people don't rub me the wrong way. I'm not one of those "douchey" Atheist types telling your kids that God doesn't exist or anything like that. Stop trying to marginalize any other religion/non religion and realize that everyone is different and we can coexist without annoying the fuck out of each other.

Last edited:
You're fucking dumb if the color red pisses you off. This is why we don't have nice things.

Christmas signs have already been installed all over HK. Well, they aren't Xmas signs, they are Christmas signs with "Season's Greetings" written on them. :yawn:

The real issue in all of this is: why the fuck are Xmas decorations and related items already out at the beginning or November?

Seasons greetings? Damn commies are anti Christmas!

I sometimes think the US could do with a strong reminder about "separation of church and state". It seems far too many people there don't get it.

This starbucks-case has for me highlighted just how stupid these discussions have become. It?s not like snowmen, sleds or reindeers have ANY christian relevance.

Did the Starbucks cups feature the baby-jesus before? No. They featured winter-motives. WINTER is not a christian thing. It?s a season. The baby jesus did not make it snow and there were no Reindeers where he was born. There were also no conifers (pagan symbol) around, dressed up in lights or a fat guy wearing a coca-cola suit bringing presents via air-freight ...

Some Christians really know nothing about their religion ... they only know about the kitch and comercial exploitation that was added over the last centuries and now think being sold coca-cola by a man with a beard - is their religious and cultural heritage.

What seems completely lost on these people, is "the true meaning of christmas", celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ by giving up one's very self, to think only of others, how to bring the greatest happiness to others. But no, let?s complain loudly about starbucks and some people saying "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas" instead. That?s what the Baby-jesus would have wanted ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
...oh, and I do have a new annoyance: the Fiat Panda. If I never have to get into one again, I'll be a happier man... bloody hell. Might as well ride a syphilitic donkey with a pair of lame legs.
I needed a car for about three quarters of an hour yesterday. Ended up in a "Smart". Never driven a dumber car. Fiat Panda, you are absolved and I apologise.