The "Things that annoy me" thread

Just bought a new Nintendo 3DS, however in a marketing masterstroke they have decided not to ship them with AC adapters meaning the battery is now shot and I can't get a charger until Monday.

No Nintendo has it's own proprietary charger inputs, it's a move to cut out third party hardware makers.

If no nintendo has its own propriatery chargers, standard ones should work just fine.

Sure, why decide to just take what was written for what you clearly understood and what was meant, if you could just as well be a dick about one missing comma :dunno:

Just bought a new Nintendo 3DS, however in a marketing masterstroke they have decided not to ship them with AC adapters meaning the battery is now shot and I can't get a charger until Monday.

Noticed the same when buying one for my kids last year. You can get a cable thats 3ds on one side and usb on the other though, so you can charge it pretty much anywhere.

The thing has a 12 hour lifespan on full brightness though...so you won't need tto recharge too often anyway

Ugh, I fucking know I'm sorry.

I had a few parcels to send, so was wrapping stuff and the TV was on and Storage Hunters UK came on. It makes that Chicago Pawn Stars seem like Pride and Prejudice.

It's the most scripted show I've ever seen. It's not even soo bad it's good... It's just the worst possible shite.

Ugh, I fucking know I'm sorry.

I had a few parcels to send, so was wrapping stuff and the TV was on and Storage Hunters UK came on. It makes that Chicago Pawn Stars seem like Pride and Prejudice.

It's the most scripted show I've ever seen. It's not even soo bad it's good... It's just the worst possible shite.
If the UK show is worse than the US show, that's troubling.

I could never get into it..the shit they "found" and the premise never seemed that interesting.

Of course, people watched and the market for attending those storage box auctions IRL exploded with crowds and stuff growing by a huge amount IIRC.

"Box of open used VHS tape? 160 bucks. Wet plastic bags of 14 left socks...I'll get $40 for that. empty typewriter case?...$200 easy."

The vids aren't playing for me, but I can't believe it's much worse than:

Was out getting sushi on Saturday with the girlfriend when we saw the most infuriating sight ever. The place was a Japanese grocery store that had a kitchen in back for quick eat-in meals. A mother and daughter (probably 18-20 years old) sat down at the table next to us. The daughter was on phone while they were waiting for their food. Their number was called and the mother went up to pick up 5 entrees for the 2 of them. The daughter then went up and got HERSELF a pair of chopsticks and napkin and started eating, while still on the whole. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HOW SELF ABSORBED ARE YOU THAT YOU DON'T EVEN GET YOUR MOTHER UTENSILS OR PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE. And its not like she was talking about anything important, she was (very loudly) talking about Sherlock with her friend. The poor mother went up to the counter to get herself her own utensils and quietly sat off to the side eating her own meal, while the daughter ate 4 entrees to herself without putting down the phone once during the whole meal.

Both my girlfriend and I felt like going over there and smacking that girl.

My rule of thumb: don't give a fuck about people I don't interact with.

Thats generally my view on things too, but for some reason this just got me really riled up.

So apparently, I'm going to need a visa for Murrikistan
So I got the visa. Today's the first time I'm travelling on it. It's also the first time in a while that I got a US stamp in my passport. It went right next to one of the Iranian visas that are the reason why I now need an American one. And what does it say on the stamp? "WB" for "visa Waiver, Business". You must be joking. :wall:

For one of the clients I work for, we're not allowed to communicate with software companies and other suppliers directly, all communications need to pass through that client. This wouldn't be an issue if the people at the client knew what we were talking about, or the people at the suppliers would know fuck all about the stuff they're selling. Sadly, I'm in the software deployment business, where even the industry giants struggle to know what the hell they're doing, let alone understand the concept application virtualization. So nine times out of ten, when we get an answer, it's the wrong answer because either the question got realyed wrong, or the supplier's helpdesk was talking out of their backside's orifices. Or both. Oh, and the client still wants their software deployed yesterday, of course.

Last edited:
The people that contact us through IM on Facebook for the racetrack. I'd say about 99% of the time the question they ask can be answered in about 5 seconds on our website (that I spend hours each week updating). I swear these people couldn't search Google if their life depended on it.

Just reply with the web link