The "Things that annoy me" thread

.. and another one I've noticed:

Using a phone in the stalls of a public restroom.

Who ever OK'd that for a thing to do? :rolleyes:

I blame former President Johnson for making it a thing. He was known to do other things while using the facilities too.

This is a thing with tablets too. I always ask if they washed the tablet too.

They've been taken down now, but for a while we had signs up in our bathrooms at work telling people not to be on conference calls while in stalls.

That has to be the best conference call game ever. Who sets up the pool for the time when the toilet is heard flushing? :lol:

I used to make a point of using the closest stall to I could to the person on the phone to piss and flush...but then at one point I actually overheard some of the call and it was clearly not some hot-shot talking to his trophy wife or an executive talking to his staff...it was a guy promising to do a better job and be on-time to his next appointment. Would have seemed like I was just kicking him while he's down.

Firefox locked the YouTube Unblocker I use as an add-on -- officially for safety reason until they have updated.

I didn't realized how many videos I couldn't watch without the unblocker anymore :(

Fuck weather

When someone schedules a 8am Monday meeting at 7:30am on said Monday.... then wonder why no one has called in.

When someone cancells an 8:00am meeting at 7:30 by only updating the shared calendar, and not calling/emailing/texting everyone.

But what if they have two cars? :tease:

Regulation D. 6 "electronic" transfers between my checking and savings accounts monthly is ridiculous. Now I have to wake up early and stop by a ATM before work like a rube.

Regulation D. 6 "electronic" transfers between my checking and savings accounts monthly is ridiculous. Now I have to wake up early and stop by a ATM before work like a rube.

If you're bouncing money between two accounts more than weekly, why not just leave it in checking and save the hassle?

Customers that want you to design a logo. They give you no real specifications other than a name, even that sometimes can be a bear to get from them. You then spend a good amount of time designing something, many times several options. You submit the logos to the customer and they now have a list of ideas that they didn't have before. WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE THAT TO ME FIRST!?

Last edited:
If you're bouncing money between two accounts more than weekly, why not just leave it in checking and save the hassle?

I have my paycheck go into savings because if it's in checking I feel like I'd spend more of it.

Customers that want you to design a logo. They give you no real specifications other than a name, even that sometimes can be a bear to get from them. You then spend a good amount of time designing something, many times several options. You submit the logos to the costumer and they now have a list of ideas that they didn't have before. WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE THAT TO ME FIRST!?

It's not customers. It's people in general.

But as customers they feel in a higher position (because they pay you money) and sometimes think they can get away with a bolder attitude -- especially on the phone because from their perspective they talk to somebody they don't know and will never know. That unlocks inhibitions they would normally have in a face-to-face chat.

It seems that women are especially prone to being impertinent in such a situation (from my own experience with customers), especially when they have no idea what they're talking about. I often feel that most men have something like a built-in safeguard that protects them from embarrassing themselves too much but strangely enough many women seem to completely lack that feature.

I can give you a current example from about a week ago. When you apply for a loan or a credit card in Germany, you have to prove your identity by going to a bank, a post office, a lawyer, a notary or a tax consultant, who then witness that you really are the person you say you are. Going to a post office is the safest way because they fill it out on their computer, while everyone else needs to fill out a form by hand. Also a post office is completely free of charge, while others might want some money for the service.

The regulation came in its current form as a reaction after 9/11 to make sure nobody uses a fake identity for money laundering. It's a law, so there's absolutey no way around it. And the necessary form needs to be filled out in full and precisely as indicated. Anyone who can read can do it. Nevertheless especially bank clerks, lawyers or tax consultants often get it wrong anyway. But I'm degressing...

Said female customer apparently didn't want to mingle with the commoners, so she decided to let it be done by her notary, who charged her 126 Euros for it -- and promptly did it wrong. So she received a letter that sadly the form was invalid and that she had to do it again.

Now guess who she blamed for it? Exactly. And she wanted the 126 Euros back from us. Why, you ask? Probably because she simply was a bitch who wasn't afraid of embarrassing herself. Our remark that she could have gotten it for free and probably correct at a post office, didn't help, because apparently she rather paid 126 Euros than waiting in a queue. Naturally she didn't get the money and neither did she get the credit card because she withdrew the application...

Some people, seriously...

Last edited:
^its the same in the burner service world. Dipshits think they know the system they own until you explain what's wrong and how it broke.

Office furniture, too. They make me research information and provide demo chairs for theirs board room, and they want to see a price and lead time spreadsheet for 10 different chairs with no specific price range or design request, in fabric and leather, individually pricing out every upgrade...and then in the end, they just buy the same damn "famous" chairs, from Amazon mind you, that they said they wanted to avoid in the first place....when if they had told me, I could have just done that, gotten them a better price, and made profit, with 5% of the effort.

Last edited:
The wind. Fuck you wind, 30+ mph for several days now...calm your goddamn tits.

Sounds like you need a windmill to make things better.

You know why it's always windy in Kansas? Because Nebraska sucks and Oklahoma blows.

:drums:

But I hear it is true.