The "Things that annoy me" thread

Coincidentally I just had a call with a recruiter, but he's the complete opposite: he arranged three job interviews in not even two months.
  • The first one was interesting, unfortunately a week before my second interview a former employee of the company called them and asked if the job was available. If that wouldn't have been the case I would have been hired according to my interview partners since I was everything they wanted, but as the former employee wasn't burdened with an agency fee of almost 10k Euros he was the better choice... :(
  • The second one wasn't that interesting, I have been invited to a second interview as well though.
  • The third one is next week, that one is very interesting since it involves travelling within the EMEA region. :)

1) the family that not only let their kind bring in their balance bike into Guitar Center, but let their kid RIDE AROUND THE STORE on it, while they were closed off in the classical guitar room. Once the kid actually fell off the bike (the slow-motin, gradually lost balance type of fall) and rolled into a guitar in a stand, I knocked in the door and said, "bicycles in a store where one wrong move can cost five grand probably isn't a good idea." They gave me a dismissive eye roll, and ignored me. By this time the kid had left the acoustic guitar room, and now was riding around in the open store area, and against lost balance and ran into a plexiglass drum kit surround, knocking over a cymbal stand. I was leaving when staff came running.

2) My local mall now has these electric motorized plush animals that you can rent and ride around inside the mall. They are the size of a very large dog, and go fast enough enough that a mother would have to jog to keep up. And when the mother isn't jogging, the kids are looping around the kiosks and other shoppers, cutting them off, etc. just waiting for an accident to be on the news...

Just got a cold call offering me life insurance, this is one of the dodgiest scams I have heard of.

When I answered I was taken aback at the fact the caller knew my surname, but I did not recognise the voice on the other of the end. Also because they did not identify themselves, I asked for the name of the person I was speaking to and the company they represented, but they refused to answer and deflected by telling me of the benefits they were offering. This immediately set alarm bells ringing so I hung up straight away.

The call came up as a private number/withheld as well which is dodgy to start with, as when I do get legit marketing calls (pretty rare) you can always check the number even if you don't answer the call itself.

After doing some research I found out apparently that the end game in this type of scam is not to sell you anything but to keep you talking long enough so that they can hack your mobile phone and steal your passwords/personal and then clean you out.

This shit is as is bent as a nine quid note and I getting sick of it.

Last edited:
My brother's union has this dodgy life insurance company that somehow got my number. Since I haven't answered, they call about once a week, using the same number. Maybe I should sign that number up to some college looking for new students. :D

When Facebook changes the way something works. I'm not a huge fan of the place anyway, but it really seems to have helped us bring in more racers and spectators at the track. So I will accept it as a necessary evil. Now instead of switching over to the dragstrip's account and answering questions (see a previous rant), making posts, etc. you are still logged into your personal account and have to make sure that replying as the track, not yourself. Plus that means the notifications are in a different spot, but that doesn't really matter as it won't pull up any of the posts I've made since the change. Luckily they haven't fucked up the page manager app for Android, yet....

My credit card info was stolen, and I was given a new card number.

I forgot that I still had a monthly credit report from Experian (worth it while I was re-building my credit). However, I forgot to change the info on my Experian account, which went past due. Their emails went into my spam folder, which I didn't know until I just got a new phone a couple days ago and my new phone's mail app shows me my spam folder's message count. They hit me with a 60 point credit score drop for a 2-month late payment totaling $16, with the credit rating going from "good" to "fair."

Fuuuuuck.

That reminds me, my FICO score as reported by my credit card dropped 17 points for god knows what reason. I tried to call them and they said they don't know why and that I'd have to talk to Equifax. Equifax said that on their end everything looks good and that I have to talk to my credit card company about the score. Called them back and they said they'd route me to their advanced customer care - which turned out to just be Equifax who told me that I needed to talk to the card people again and didn't understand why my call was routed to them.

No idea what to do as the 2 companies that are directly involved just point fingers at each other.

Last edited:
That's happened to me before. It especially hurts when you're doing everything you can to raise your score over a fairly significant period of time, and then it suddenly dips for no reason, seemingly.

Just checked with a friend who knows more about personal finance and he says that the credit card reported FICO score means literally dick and is nothing to worry about. Every credit card company has their own FICO score algorithm, but they mostly go off of percent utilization of that particular card. So if you have a month when you spend more than usual, that score will drop.

Makes sense since I just put the whole Jeep repair on that card so I had atypically high spending. Even though I paid it off, because the score was recalculated while the balance still stood, the number dropped. Also would explain why the FICO score on my other card didn't get affected.

But yeah, he said not to worry since when you apply for a loan or mortgage, the bank looks at your real score and not the one calculated by your credit card. Still annoying.

Once again I received the annual statement for my flat. This year it's 354 Euros which I paid too much in advance. Usually I'd have to pay 535 Euros rent and advance payment, next month it's just 181 Euros. :)

[edit]
Let's see if they manage to collect the rent on their own this time...
[/edit]
I don't know if I should laugh or cry... :|

They did manage to collect rent, but they didn't collect the reduced rate but the full rate... :rolleyes:

Talking about credit scores, I work for a credit card company but how exactly they come up with a score, is being treated like the biggest company secret. Nobody knows anything for sure but apparently there are several factors that influence your score:

- address (good or bad neighborhood)
- family name (seriously, they keep track of the financial records of all people who share your family name)
- creditworthiness of your neighbors (!)
- your personal spend behavior (apparently buying small stuff like candy or chewing gum at petrol stations mark you as being wasteful with your money)
- how often do you add/change/cancel credit cards or your bank account? (Stability is a key factor here, if you change things too often, your credit score drops)
- your age and family status of course (married, divorced, single, with or without children and how many of them?)
- do you live in a rented apartment/house or do you have your own house/apartment?
- the overall debt you gave in loans
- Nationality and profession

I'm sure there are many more factors playing into it and sometimes a husband gets a completely different score than the wife, so gender seems to play a role as well.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry... :|

They did manage to collect rent, but they didn't collect the reduced rate but the full rate... :rolleyes:
Well, it clears up and I should have my money back by tomorrow...

Apparently the accounting is being made so far in advance that the 354 Euros of refund which should have been deducted from the rent in the beginning of April hasn't been taken into account. I received the letter on March 15th but apparently their system already had the amount to collect before that date...

Talking about credit scores, I work for a credit card company but how exactly they come up with a score, is being treated like the biggest company secret. Nobody knows anything for sure but apparently there are several factors that influence your score:

- address (good or bad neighborhood)
- family name (seriously, they keep track of the financial records of all people who share your family name)
- creditworthiness of your neighbors (!)
- your personal spend behavior (apparently buying small stuff like candy or chewing gum at petrol stations mark you as being wasteful with your money)
- how often do you add/change/cancel credit cards or your bank account? (Stability is a key factor here, if you change things too often, your credit score drops)
- your age and family status of course (married, divorced, single, with or without children and how many of them?)
- do you live in a rented apartment/house or do you have your own house/apartment?
- the overall debt you gave in loans
- Nationality and profession

I'm sure there are many more factors playing into it and sometimes a husband gets a completely different score than the wife, so gender seems to play a role as well.

That sounds like prejudice.

I believe the reason why the exact factors are being kept a secret is to prevent people from sueing.

I believe the reason why the exact factors are being kept a secret is to prevent people from sueing.
Definitely. AFAIK, even an information request on your own score used to lower that score. "You want The Man to tell you what your credit score is? You must suffer."

Definitely. AFAIK, even an information request on your own score used to lower that score. "You want The Man to tell you what your credit score is? You must suffer."

No, there is no documentation of such a call that would go further than level 1 support. So I can categorically deny that -- at least for the company I work for and our German market ;)

Last edited:
Why do I keep fighting against stupidity and bureaucracy?
I should learn to accept some things are not my problem and therefore when shit hits the fan I'll just grab the popcorn and watch, but nooooo, I must try to make things better for everyone.
:bangin: