The "Things that annoy me" thread

Perhaps you two could swap?
That would probably turn out to be a very bad deal for our resident Belgian curmudgeon. :lol:

That would probably turn out to be a very bad deal for our resident Belgian curmudgeon. :lol:

I'd kill to see a "WifeSwap" of sorts between Cowboy and like...his polar opposite here.

No, I'm not volunteering myself...

Last edited:
Why do airline websites have to be so terrible? <_< I've grown used to the fact that I can't enter passenger data step by step, but why does my damn session have to run out even though I clicked on that "continue session" button you showed me, AA.com?

Why can't I change flights in the United app? I can book flights and monitor flight status but, no rebooking, what the duck?

It annoys me when clients have very very specific requests, that in my mind sound simple enough to them, but it turns out they don't really exist.

I need a 36" round electric height-adjustable table on casters.

Take any one of those words out of that sentence, and I know of several options. Put them all together, and there's nothin'

Take a square or rectangular table and put a round top on it. Solved problem, that will be $10,000, thanks so much. :D

I dreamt that my dad's cancer came back and he was certain to die. :( Fucking scumbag brain.

Once again an opportunity slipped through my fingers at the last minute... :mad:

In February when I was searching for a new job I already did a job interview with one company, the second interview was about 1 1/2 weeks after that. When I came in for the second interview the two interviewers told me I would have been their top candidate, but two days earlier a former employee asked if there was a vacancy so they took him. It didn't help that I was there through a head hunter so the company would have had to pay the head hunter if I were recruited.

As I changed jobs now I'm searching for a rented apartment closer to work, I already looked at quite a few, but there wasn't the right one for me. On the day before yesterday (Monday) I was at a registered co-operative to introduce myself since they have an apartment which suits my needs, I got the contact info of the current tenant so I looked at the apartment yesterday (Tuesday). Today I called the contact person of the registered co-operative to confirm that I'm very much interested in the apartment, only to learn that I would have been the top applicant for that apartment, but mere minutes before that a member of the co-operative showed interest in that very apartment. Since the co-operative prefers renting out to current members (which I'm not) I don't think I can stand a chance... :mad:

Someone threw dog shit on my Terrano. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Went to see Ghostbusters with my 7-year-old and three kids with their mothers sat behind us and the kids did not shut their pieholes not even for ONE MINUTE.
"Look, a ghost!" "I want water!" "I want a hotdog" and so on. Shushing and sighing loudly did little effect. The mother merely acknowledged there were people annoyed by that (and not only me). When I had enough (about halfway through the movie)and they started kicking my seat I snapped and turned around and said to the kids "Will you shut up? Enough! Stop!"
At this point she addresses me directly, saying "They're just kids. You're out of control." I just replied with "No, they're not just kids, they're spoiled kids".

Sadly, that had ZERO effect and they just proceeded to talk THE ENTIRE MOVIE.

Sometimes, I hate people.

Especially when parents side with their kids.