The "Things that annoy me" thread

If you let them take an inch, they will want a thousand miles... wait, that is wrong somehow.

I don't think it has too much to do with "being more daring". If something doesn't exist (but can be made) and you can pay someone to make it for you, well, where is the risk in that? Ok well it might not turn out the way you imagined it at first, but eventually they will get it right. Most of the time, anyway ;)

But maybe I'm just more used to it, because I work in a very specialized field and there are rarely any "off the shelf" components we can use.

Continuing the annoying FWP theme.

Just got an email from my bank with the subject line "Earn up to $200 by growing your savings." Thought great, probably a promo that if I increase my savings account balance by some reasonable amount I'll get a small bonus. Opened the email to check the details, yeaaaahhhhh noooooo.

Bring your account balance to $50,000, or more, by 9/16/16 and maintain that balance for 90 days.
Earn $100
OR
Bring your account balance to $100,000, or more, by 9/16/16 and maintain that balance for 90 days.
Earn $200

Whoa, that's like 0.2% interest.

Well, I mean...that's on top of the .7-1% you'd still be making anyway, so hey...free money. But yeah...kind of a funny promotion. i would get more than that just for STARTING a new account, which a much smaller deposit, and holding the money there for 90 days.

At least you still get some sort of interest. On one of my deposits I got 0.026% last year. And this isn't some "always available" deposit, it's with the bank indefinitely. But yeah, interest is pretty shitty at the moment, at least in Europe. The EZB (or rather: some people at the EZB) thinks about just shilling out money to everybody in order to get the economics sorted, and the banks actually have to pay the EZB negative interest so that people don't park their money at the bank anymore. But if the economy is sorta unstable, what else are you going to do? Invest in a company that might not see the next year? Or put into gold? Because that won't do the economy any good either. Either way we are pretty much fucked and I'm just waiting for the moment when too many countries in the EU go belly up because their governments have been spending money they didn't have or because too many "too big to fail" banks have failed (again), and then we got a right old mess and god knows how much (or little) the Euro is worth after all of that. Same goes for the Swiss Franc, obviously, and of course Switzerland depends on having neighbours that can actually afford the stuff that's being made and sold in Switzerland, so we can't just sit around laughing at the EU because if nobody can buy "our" stuff anymore, then Switzerland will probably go down the drain as well.

Sorry for rant about money, this just pisses me off because the EU has become a transfer union (something it was never meant to become) and several countries are just rightout ignoring guidlines like "hey, you can't take on that much debt per year".

Last edited:
My Money Market account lost money a couple years ago. Pitiful interest + account maintenance fee. I closed it.

Youtubes new content policy.

What have they done now?

One of the many reasons to avoid FB.

Speaking of FB, on my birthday, one of my sisters posted a birthday greeting to me knowing full well that I have never even had an account, clearly pointing out that I don't have an account, and about thirty people said happy birthday...

People(including my sister) make me wonder sometimes.

What have they done now?

Basically, any video that can offend or annoy someone, any video with cursing in it or that touches any sensitive subject like war or politics gets the ad revenue shut down.

Basically, any video that can offend or annoy someone, any video with cursing in it or that touches any sensitive subject like war or politics gets the ad revenue shut down.

That means this guy is probably in trouble... Shame, he's funny.

Pandora is showing trump ads...

It was in 2012 that Rick Santorum had ads appear on the Urban Dictionary site.

Opps, that might be a lil NSFW in some places.

santorumadonurbandictionary-5687.JPG

Last edited:

Relevant

[video=youtube;UUkj4h_Tq-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUkj4h_Tq-0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Fuck off already Google/Alphabet/YouTube.

I get some of their rules; what advertiser wants to associate their product with blatant harassment. But sensitive topics? Advertisers are happy to be on news channels. Cursing? Mr. Robot dropped a "fuck" on basic cable, what advertisers will tolerate cursing-wise is becoming pretty broad.