The "Things that annoy me" thread

This is the sort of 'design' crap that get's bought by people with 7 jobtitles on their greeting card and 17bachelor degrees yet who cannot hammer a nail into the wall thelmselves.

Told one of those I build my own furniture once, he looked at me with a blank stare, after a few moments he went 'how?'

"How?"
"First of all, put down that gluten-free, non-GMO, free range coffee bean soy latte..."

Did anyone read the description at the link? It's scrap wood and leftover paint. That's nuts...

Oh, so it's "sustainable" and "green".
Explains the price tag. :p

Didn't they get the memo about modern design? It's supposed to be simple, functional and with few (if any) unnecessary bits and bobs.

Did anyone read the description at the link? It's scrap wood and leftover paint. That's nuts...

They didn't state they used nuts. Maybe screws, but not nuts.

I see it as that extra seat you pull out for guests that you don't want to stay very long. Do not want at any price.

This is the sort of 'design' crap that get's bought by people with 7 jobtitles on their greeting card and 17bachelor degrees yet who cannot hammer a nail into the wall thelmselves.

Told one of those I build my own furniture once, he looked at me with a blank stare, after a few moments he went 'how?'

My sister also tends to build her own furniture. While I respect that skill, I do own a shelf that's more expensive than what I used to make in a month. But apart from that I'm a fan of "form follows function". First of all, the damn thing needs to work and do its job properly. Then we can talk about looking good. And most of the designer-stuff I don't get at all. As in "it's neither functional nor does it appeal to me in an aesthetic sense".

The kicker for me..is only 12"x12"x14".

So, get thee to a scrap yard and start building and selling your own. Artisan furniture. You could be rich.

Funny you should say that...this was this afternoon. :mrgreen:

20161015_161817_zpsdrznarh8.jpg

(Cardboard is because it started to rain)

Roos :glare:

Still, 26 years of driving, lots of dirt / outback / bush. I was about due to hit one.

Soooo...roo steak for dinner?

Kangaroo, dunkaroo... Yeah!

Over the last week we have noticed the refrigerator running a bit longer than normal. Last night it decided that it would just not shut off. It is still cold, but it will need to be fixed or replaced. As a stop gap, we are unplugging it for about an hour, after letting it run for 15 minutes. We will nurse it like this until tomorrow to save a bit on the repair bill. Weekend calls are expensive.

Ecco discontinued the Windsor (with laces) shoe in brown. :(

Over the last week we have noticed the refrigerator running a bit longer than normal. Last night it decided that it would just not shut off. It is still cold, but it will need to be fixed or replaced. As a stop gap, we are unplugging it for about an hour, after letting it run for 15 minutes. We will nurse it like this until tomorrow to save a bit on the repair bill. Weekend calls are expensive.

Have you cleaned the coils? They used to mount them on the back and newer units have the coils on the bottom where dust and hair collect. Typically, that's the problem.

So basically Roos are deer that go BOING BOING BOING BOING?
Deer goes boing boing boing too last time I encountered them (and no, I'm not talking about "the incident", last time was quite recently). And no, no ditch was given an Audi that day. Gotta give the ditch a BMW. Ditches love BMWs.