The "Things that annoy me" thread

I do that sometimes, because there's some people who have the uncanny ability to completely miss and ignore them and then I don't hear from them about something important until I bring it up during a conversation.

In the last 6 years, as of about 10 minutes ago, we've spent just as much unclogging our home's plumbing as we would have spent just digging up the trouble spot and replacing it the first time. It's under the driveway, and of course it runs under the newer of the two concrete sections.

I would find any excuse to dig up my driveway just so that I can install pipes for snow melt. I want to be that jackass with the only clean driveway in the winter.

I kinda want to replace it anyways, because the part right outside the garage is broken and uneven, so it's hard to move my table saw around...but it's not free.

I would find any excuse to dig up my driveway just so that I can install pipes for snow melt. I want to be that jackass with the only clean driveway in the winter.

That will be my big project in the next year or few.

I kinda want to replace it anyways, because the part right outside the garage is broken and uneven, so it's hard to move my table saw around...but it's not free.

That is a mild understatement. The only solution for that is to have family that do concrete work and owe me a few favors.

And with a skating rink in place of a yard. :p

That'll teach the mail person from walking across my yard rather than walk the cleared sidewalk and walkway to the porch.

YES!
Or people that call/message you to say "I've sent you an email".

I KNOW.
I GOT THE EMAIL.

One of my friends got mad on a regular basis when she could see that I had read her whatsapp messages but didn't reply instantly. She usually jumped to the conclusion that she must have done something wrong/the word was injust to her/I was ignoring her for some reason. I don't even want to imagine what her boyfriends must endure when this level of insecurity and/or impatience is already present in a normal friendship.

One of my friends got mad on a regular basis when she could see that I had read her whatsapp messages but didn't reply instantly. She usually jumped to the conclusion that she must have done something wrong/the word was injust to her/I was ignoring her for some reason. I don't even want to imagine what her boyfriends must endure when this level of insecurity and/or impatience is already present in a normal friendship.

I do get annoyed when Im having a conversation which obviously has not ended, and someone just bails, reading the last message and not replying or even giving me a "hey I gotta run" or "be right back". It doesn't take that long, and I find it to be common courtesy.

Yeah, there's no "hello" and "goodbye" (of any kind) anymore with quite a lot of people I know, either. You just jump in straight with a question or whatever you want to communicate. It's as though you're in an ongoing conversation with someone... it never stops, it never starts, it's just "there".

Not going home today Instead, I get to go to Idaho.

Well, what else is there?

Yeah, there's no "hello" and "goodbye" (of any kind) anymore with quite a lot of people I know, either. You just jump in straight with a question or whatever you want to communicate. It's as though you're in an ongoing conversation with someone... it never stops, it never starts, it's just "there".

When it comes to shortform text conversations, I follow this. It annoys me when I get an IM at work that's just "hello." Tell me what you want!

How about "Hello" followed by the question?

IM manners are a cause of annoyance for me too. I especially hate most people's inability to use several paragraphs within one message, instead sending a staccato of several messages.