The "Things that annoy me" thread

Talking with some people online tonight and the story about the woman fighting off and killing a bobcat comes up. One of the guys says, wasn't she like really old or something? Another says, yeah, she was a grandmother. I pull up the story and she is a few years younger than me. Then I hear, "Damn, I forget that you are so old". :wheelchair:

GRtak;n3554046 said:
Talking with some people online tonight and the story about the woman fighting off and killing a bobcat comes up. One of the guys says, wasn't she like really old or something? Another says, yeah, she was a grandmother. I pull up the story and she is a few years younger than me. Then I hear, "Damn, I forget that you are so old". :wheelchair:
Well, to be fair, today being a grandmother doesn't mean you have to be old - if you give birth to a child at age 18 and that child gives birth at age 18 as well you can be grandmother by the age of 36, and that's without underage pregnancy...

I can't say I always knew it, but once I learned that the higher the number you put after "DEFCON" the less serious it is, it bothers me to an unreasonable level when people say "DEFCON Five!" or "DEFCON 1000!" to make something sound more serious.

There's an entrance to a building that I have to walk through about once per month. For the last 2.5 years, I completely forget that these exterior entrance doors are "push" doors (the opposite of what it mandated by building code, so it's highly HIGHLY unusual)...and I pull on them, even as I'm looking directly at the "push" sign on the door frame.

The apostrophe

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/XlTirHM.jpg"}[/IMG2]

One of the neighbouring families in the house I grew up in has the name "Loos". Thank you for making it funny 30 years later. ;)

Between the addition of unnecessary apostrophes and the misuse of words ending in 'ly', there are times I just want to bang my head on the keyboard - or the nearest brick wall! :wall:

DanRoM;n3554050 said:
And in my reality/filter bubble, parenthood comes around at 30 to 35...

Even with that my mom became a grandma at 50, which considering life expectancy for women is easily into 80s is not really all that old

Too short of time to be with friends.

The price of the Note 8 and Note 9 phones. I've got a Note 5 on it's last legs, and I legitimately actually really do use the stylus. I've worn out 4 on this phone, so it is actually useful to me.

But holy shit, are these phones expensive.

My legs feel as though they weigh a ton and a half. Perhaps the many miles that I've walked over the past few days and the stairs at the Great Wall of China have something to do with it... but still, I've been walking lots almost every day for months and it shouldn't have had this much of an effect.

The people in my office currently acting like finishing "a whole entire doghnut, all to myself!" is this ridiculous, over-the-top, gluttonous behavior that they are ashamed of...just as I'm grabbing a doughnut and now feel like a pig for taking a whole one...meanwhile, nobody wants to take the last one, so someone cuts it in half. Then someone cuts that in half. Then someone cuts that in half...and this will go on for 30-40 more times until they start splitting atoms until someone claims the "last" of the pastries, and throws the fucking box away.

The elevator lobby of the garage under my building is under construction on the street and basement levels. This means that to be able to take the elevator to my floor without needing to traverse stairs (I often have to move items with a cart/dolly), I have to take the ramp down to the basement, cross over to the other "wing" (the garage is separated into two halves that kind of operate as two separate garages, except for the pass-through in the basement level), then go up two floors (which means having to circle around the entire floor to get to the "up" ramp, up to the Mezzanine level. Then, to leave, I have to go back down two levels to the basement (again, circling the entire floors), crossing back over to the other side, then back up a ramp to the exit.

This goes along with something my coworkers do constantly. They will grab a single-serving, snack-sized bag of potato chips, then have...like...3 chips...then leave the open bag on the counter. I'm sure they think they are sharing the love and since they couldn't possibly eat the other 3 chips, didn't want to them to go to waste, so they left them on the counter for someone else...but if you saw an opened bag of food, would you assume it was free for the taking? Wouldn't the logical thing be to clip the bag shut with a binder clip to keep them fresh, and put it back in the basket of chips? No...instead they leave it on the counter to lanquish, and go stale...basically saying, "Here, throw this away for me in a few hours." However, last week was a new milestone of bizarre. Someone did just that...they took a foot item, only ate half, and then put the other half back in the basket. However, the issue is that they did this with a banana. They cut the banana in half...and then just put the cut banana back into the fruit bowl.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"448","width":"490","src":"https:\/\/i.imgflip.com\/ge6ur.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I know that separate is spelled with an "a.". But why do I keep spelling it like "seperate" every damn time I type the word?

I have my car set up to automatically lock as I walk away. Sometimes I drive my gf's car, and it doesn't have this feature, so I often forget to actually lock it. It's a good thing I didn't spring for the radar cruise control in my car...

We're having work done on our house. The contractor was done with the drywall taping/mudding/sanding, and we were going to start painting that evening. In my mind, that means vacuuming the walls, then wiping the rest of the dust with tack cloth. I didn't get home until late, though, so my GF decided to try to get started on cleaning the walls...by swatting at them and sweeping them with a long-bristled broom...throwing ultra-fine dust abso-freakin-lutely everywhere. Since there was work being done in every single room of the house except for the one tiny bedroom, we've got everything we own that we use daily absolutely crammed into it...it was the one safe zone, and the one place we could sit that wasn't covered in a layer of dust or plastic. Until she did that....because she left the door open. The entire room got a layer of super ultra-fine white dust all over every square inch. The inside of my computer is now frosted because the dust is way more fine than the dust filters. The bed was covered in dust. All of my clean cloths that had been stacked in a tall open wire rack/shelving/cube thing got dusty.

Perhaps this is why I’m not a skinny 20 something. ?

to me thats weird but office people are freaking weird anyways. ?

bought a Note9 on Black Friday, but it's on backorder until at least next week...when I'll be travelling for work. D'oh!

CraigB;n3555040 said:
TLDR, NecroJoe has a lot to annoy him. :lol:

BTW, do you work with a bunch of skinny 20 somethings?

I do, indeed. Our new admin sent out a survey about snacks, but it wasn't, "Which snacks should we keep?", but was instead, "Which snacks should we get rid of?" So now that they've gotten rid of anything *good*, there's 3 different kinda of dried seaweed, and instead of a drawer full of meats and cheeses for sandwiches or snacks, it's a whole drawer full of hard-boiled eggs. All drinks have been replaced with La Croix and kombucha. These people have the weirdest diets. "I don't know why you bring your own lunch every day, we have food here!", they say... :lol: