The "Things that annoy me" thread

When you are waiting for your elevator for a long time, and it just started arriving to your floor so the light goes off, and then someone comes around the corner, pushes the button that's now off, and the doors open right up, making you look like an idiot that's been waiting for an un-called elevator.

CraigB said:
BTW, do you work with a bunch of skinny 20 somethings?

Originally posted by:: NecroJoe

I do, indeed. Our new admin sent out a survey about snacks, but it wasn't, "Which snacks should we keep?", but was instead, "Which snacks should we get rid of?" So now that they've gotten rid of anything *good*, there's 3 different kinda of dried seaweed, and instead of a drawer full of meats and cheeses for sandwiches or snacks, it's a whole drawer full of hard-boiled eggs. All drinks have been replaced with La Croix and kombucha. These people have the weirdest diets. "I don't know why you bring your own lunch every day, we have food here!", they say... :lol:

Before I retired, I worked in a department with about 30 other people. Trying to get people to throw away old food that was in the refrigerator was like pulling teeth. One day, one of the secretaries had had enough and asked me if I'd help her clean out the 'fridge.
Back story: we had one lady who was a real health freak - skinny... ran, walked, taught aerobics, etc... So, while cleaning, we came upon a plastic cup with a lid. When we opened it, the smell could only be described (AFAIC) as vile! We immediately dumped it down a toilet in the restroom and flushed!! Come lunchtime, we caught hell - it was Ms. Healthy's 'organic smoothie'...:rolleyes:

[video]

BRUSH YOUR CARS OFF PEOPLE! :mad:

My coworker borrowed my new tape measure that I bought in Ireland just a couple of weeks ago. He gives it back and said that he "fixed" it. I asked him what was wrong with it. "The thing...the...hook, or whatever it's called on the end of the tape...was loose. So I glued it in place with some epoxy. I measured to make sure it was in the right place, though."

Ryan-Gosling-Facepalm.gif

Did you explain to him why it is that way? Is he going to replace it with another from Ireland?

Exactly. The tip piece is supposed to do that so that it can measure inside as well as outside and be accurate.

Couples with "joint" email accounts like hisname.hername@gmail.com. It's the online equivalent of wearing matching anoraks and makes me want to puke.

It's only marginally better than people who use all of their kids' names in a sequence, thus advertising to the world the names of their mewling progeny and that fact that they sit on their arses on benefits that the government pays them in womb rent.

Worse is when you wrote a mail to someone and assume that this person - and only this person - will read it, just to be proven wrong. Nothing really bad in the case I'm thinking about, but I still felt the violation of privacy of correspondence.

My work decided that we need a Kurig machine instead of a regular grown-up coffee maker that doesn't produce a fuck ton of waste. If that wasn't annoying enough, someone keeps leaving their k-cup in the machine rather than throwing it away. Every time I get a cup of coffee, I open it up to find a used cup sitting in there and the water is empty.

Did you explain to him why it is that way? Is he going to replace it with another from Ireland?

I did, indeed. I took the high road, and took the opportunity to teach him something he clearly didn't know with a positive spin. (relevant XKCD) He offered to replace the tape because he did feel bad after he realized what he did.

A new annoyance: on Fedex's website, when you track a package, you can sign up for status update texts and emails. When you sign up for an email, you can add a "personal message" to the email. I will put in a reminder of what the item is, so that when I get the various updates, I know what the hell I'm looking at.

The text box for this field has a limit of 120 characters. As you type, when you get to a certain point, the box just stops entering new chatacters, and it tells you that you've hit the character limit. But instead of stopping you at 120 so that you can just click "OK", it stops you at 121, so you have to go back to the field and delete one character.

My most important vendor at work puts their "Installation Instructions" under the the "Marketing" tab, because they put it on the same page as product brochures for some reason, which is dumb because they also have "PRODUCTS" and "DESIGN RESOURCES" tabs which would be better homes for an "Installation Instructions" section.

When streaming sites only a few movies from a series. Even more so when they're missing the first one.

Netflix has Austin Powers Goldmember right now, but not the first two. They have the first Addams Family but not the 2nd. Amazon Prime has Iron Man 2, but not 1 (at least not included with Prime). They also only have 4 James Bond films. Hulu currently has 5 of the 8 Fast and Furious movies.

When streaming sites only a few movies from a series. Even more so when they're missing the first one.

Netflix has Austin Powers Goldmember right now, but not the first two. They have the first Addams Family but not the 2nd. Amazon Prime has Iron Man 2, but not 1 (at least not included with Prime). They also only have 4 James Bond films. Hulu currently has 5 of the 8 Fast and Furious movies.

In a similar fashion, when music streaming services have all of your favorite songs...but only the live versions or demo/remixed/edited versions.

Both of these.... so much rage...

Tuna salad on baked potato. Just that it exists.