The "Things that annoy me" thread

No sugar soap. It's a strong alkaline chemical used to prep surfaces for decorating. It's an effective cleaner and degreaser and is also good for shifting tobacco staining that has soaked into gloss paints and varnishes.

I bought a new pack of pens right after Christmas, 6 gel pens, nothing real fancy. I needed one a few minutes ago and went to my computer desk to grab one and they are gone. What was left there to write with? One dead pen...

To go along with that: people who take a pen from a cup, try to write, discover that it's dead, and then angrilly shoot it back into the cup, and fishing for another pen to try, leaving the dead one in there for someone else to do the same fekking thing.

It's very windy here at the moment and someone's fence is squeaking. Nothing new there, except this sounds like the worlds biggest budgerigar.

1581791095379.png

Image randomly found on Redbubble. Not my design.

My girlfriend keeps finding ways to have her sudden emergencies right when I'm trying to get to bed. The timing isn't her fault, per se...but it's annoying when it happens.

Me: "I'm going to go lay down."

Her: "Oh, okay. Wait...where's my wallet? it's not in my bag. Oh no! Can you help me look for it? Is it maybe in the car? Can you come out with me to the car?" (she's got a phobia of the racoons and skunks frequently canvassing the neighborhood and our yard.
Her: "Oh, ok. OMG! Spider!!! Can you come get this spider quick?" (up at ceiling level, needing to break out the ladder, the vacuum, the extension, etc)
Her: "OK, good night. Wait...where's the cat...oh no, it's throwing up on the bedroom rug!" (queue: turning the lights on full blast, and having to spot clean the rug in the room I was about the lie down for the night)

etc etc...

The especially amusing thing is: these three were all last night, as I'm trying to get to bed, since I had to be on-site at 5:00AM this morning.

go to bed at 6? by the time it's actually time to go to sleep, she'll be panicked out?

i constantly applaud mine for "being strong and independent", do it enough and they become too proud to ask you stuff like that :D

I've harped on this before, but people that don't turn their headlights and taillights on in snow/rain/sleet, etc. But conversely, people with obnoxious LED lights that think it's OK to run them anytime. Which, unless they are DOT approved, aren't legal to turn on at all while on public roads. Got blinded by a newer Civic running two little 4-5" (100-125 mm) LED spots this morning. With of course, no tail lights on in a snow/sleet mix!

@NecroJoe Dude, unless the birthday anal is 100% guaranteed it's maybe time to hit the singles bars.

Just sayin'.

When you write a detailed, well-worded reponse to someone's question...but while you were typing away, someone else responses with 10 incorrect words...and they immediately get a, "Good point" from OP, while your reply (with all of the information they seek) is ignored.

Last edited:
When you write a detailed, well-worded reponse to someone's question...but while you were typing away, someone else responses with 10 incorrect words...and they immediately get a, "Good point" from OP, while your reply (with all of the information they seek) is ignored.

Was this via email? Email seems to be an enigma to many. Which is weird, since it's been around as a form of communication for at least 25 years.

We have one customer at the trophy shop that starts her email in the subject line, and often doesn't even have anything except her signature in the body of said email. Which I may excuse if she was 80, but she's younger than I am and runs a company that does dealership websites.

^i would've guessed reddit...

are you sure it's not your firewall/anti virus that takes out the content of the email?

email is the scum of the earth. (outside of professional environment) if you don't expect anyone to react, even don't care if they read it, use email
in any other case use sms, some messaging service or just call....

We have people who send emails to our helpdesk with everything in the subject, which of course gets truncated and we have no idea what they're on about.

i bought a cheap-ass nightstand, with plans to hot-rod it: reenforce the drawer boxes, replace the drawer glides with high-quality full extension soft-close glides, add built-in power plugs...

It turns out that all my efforts in replacing the glides were for naught, because they didn't even build the case square, so my nice-n-smooth glides are binding, and working worse than the shitty ones that were in there in the first place. Ugh. $60 and 2 hours wasted...* (well, I'll use the drawer glides elsewhere, but still...)

Lunch at work today. Fuckin' blue cheese, man. It tastes like an old moldy closet smells.

It's also the cheese used in the pre-cheesed and dressed salads, the cheese spread on the sliders, and the cheese in the macaroni and cheese.

Lunch at work today. Fuckin' blue cheese, man. It tastes like an old moldy closet smells.

It's also the cheese used in the pre-cheesed and dressed salads, the cheese spread on the sliders, and the cheese in the macaroni and cheese.
Who the hell puts blue cheese in mac n' cheese?

Who the hell puts blue cheese in mac n' cheese?

Who the hell puts blue cheese on anything. The inventor of blue cheese should be drawn and quartered.

It's good shit.