The "Things that annoy me" thread

There's still a hardy resistance group that refuses to wash their hands, so now we have both extremes of fucktards. :roll:
Wanna give “name and shame” a try? It’s disturbing enough during normal times, but downright hazardous during this cold/flu/COVID season.

There's still a hardy resistance group that refuses to wash their hands, so now we have both extremes of fucktards. :roll:

I was at birthday dinner for my older siblings and couldn't believe how many old people were out and about. One family had their mother out and she was on flipping oxygen! Of all people to not go out during a virus pandemic surely would be someone like that.

I was at birthday dinner for my older siblings and couldn't believe how many old people were out and about. One family had their mother out and she was on flipping oxygen! Of all people to not go out during a virus pandemic surely would be someone like that.

Some people don't want to flatten the curve they want mom's oxygen off... permanently

Where there's a will...

...there's usually a bankrupt relative.

Surveys! They always ask the wrong question, or fail to give you an option to convey a proper response. I just did a speed test on my internet and when the results pop up, there is a question. The question was, How does Spectrum's (my ISP) service meet your expectations? the ranking goes from 1) Much Worse, 3) As Expected, 5) Much Better.

In my case, it is as expected, but it does not allow me to convey that is because they have a terrible reputation.

:lol:
The question was, How does Spectrum's (my ISP) service meet your expectations? the ranking goes from 1) Much Worse, 3) As Expected, 5) Much Better.

In my case, it is as expected, but it does not allow me to convey that is because they have a terrible reputation.

:lol:

I'm trying to find a place to get Cat7 cables: either flat, or slim, in white or black, 10ft. I need 'em quick. I can't find a single listing on Amazon that can have them arrive any sooner than a month from now.

Funny, I haven't heard anyone say that about American "food" either! McDonald's bags on the side of the road don't count. :tease:

It fucking pisses me off to no end that even in 2020 in America, throwing out your trash from your car is ok. It's technically illegal but with how much trash I see on the side of the road, it very well must be ok with everyone. I thought there would be less now that most people are working from home, but it isn't! Where it was clean along one of the main roads in my neighborhood, a cup from McDonald's is now in the grass along the road.

Fuck people.

Reactions: MWF
Now that I'm working from home for over a week, I'm getting used to using my private keyboard with my work laptop. Problem ist, the shortcut for "change desktop" is a different one than on my private machine. So I often use the wrong one...

It fucking pisses me off to no end that even in 2020 in America, throwing out your trash from your car is ok. It's technically illegal but with how much trash I see on the side of the road, it very well must be ok with everyone. I thought there would be less now that most people are working from home, but it isn't! Where it was clean along one of the main roads in my neighborhood, a cup from McDonald's is now in the grass along the road.

Fuck people.

Something I've noticed: The day our neighborhood has trash pickup, there's a HUGE up-swing on the amount of trash that is floating around. It tapers off the rest of the week as far as new loose stuff being blown around, but the old trash still sticks around when it's caught/stuck somewhere.

I keep forgetting to plug in an extension cord under my desk, so that i don't have to keep crawling under my desk to plug in and unplug my work-from-home laptop every time I need to leave the room with my laptop.

Both of us are working from the same office/bedroom, but she's on a desktop and can't leave as easily when we've both got conference calls to take at the same time.

1) I really want to make foccacia bread, but no friggin' stores have any yeast in stock, unless I want a full 1lb bag which is, like, 12x more than I'd use before it went "bad".

B) Temporry pay cut for at least the month of April. 15%. First, we had to furloh the smokin-est hottest woman in the office (she wasn't very smart, but super nice), and now this. But, i still have a job.

III) The people who misunderstand the local shelter-in-place, going both ways: Both from people who think that they can meet friends in a park and play basketball as long as there's less than 6 of them playing at a time, or still think it's a good idea to go the grocery store almost every other day with several people in tow...and then others who berated me because I posted a photo of a beach. I took the long way home, pulled over, took a walk a couple of blocks by myself, and took a photo of the beach where there was a lone surfer, and two people walking about a 1/4 mile away.

Reactions: MWF
Jesus Christ, my neighbours upstairs are loud and noisy. So much that the neighbours one floor below me can actually hear them as well. And they're not exactly well behaved either, as you can hear from the language they use. Also, this building isolates the sounds pretty well, but these people are noisy as hell. Oh, and it doesn't stop at just them shouting and their children screaming, because every once in a while you can hear a thumping noise of some kind. As a matter of fact, I could hear one of their children running as I was writing this.

They allegedly lived in a village in the most desolated part of Croatia before moving in upstairs from us. To make things worse, my mum did complain to them before, two or three times if I'm not mistaken, and that didn't help much, if at all.

The flat they live in is owned by someone who keeps renting the place to the worst possible kinds of people. It's always some sort of problematic people living above us, but even if they were all bad behaved and pretty loud, none were as loud as these people. I seriously don't know how can this family be so loud, it's as if they're constantly in a row, and keep moving their furniture every day on top of that. It's not that they had low benchmarks to beat, as there was a bunch of soldiers who'd get drunk on a regular basis upstairs amongst the others.

Current lock down means everyone in the world is using the Internet so our current speeds are 10-15% of what we normally have.

Jesus Christ, my neighbours upstairs are loud and noisy. So much that the neighbours one floor below me can actually hear them as well. And they're not exactly well behaved either, as you can hear from the language they use. Also, this building isolates the sounds pretty well, but these people are noisy as hell. Oh, and it doesn't stop at just them shouting and their children screaming, because every once in a while you can hear a thumping noise of some kind. As a matter of fact, I could hear one of their children running as I was writing this.

They allegedly lived in a village in the most desolated part of Croatia before moving in upstairs from us. To make things worse, my mum did complain to them before, two or three times if I'm not mistaken, and that didn't help much, if at all.

The flat they live in is owned by someone who keeps renting the place to the worst possible kinds of people. It's always some sort of problematic people living above us, but even if they were all bad behaved and pretty loud, none were as loud as these people. I seriously don't know how can this family be so loud, it's as if they're constantly in a row, and keep moving their furniture every day on top of that. It's not that they had low benchmarks to beat, as there was a bunch of soldiers who'd get drunk on a regular basis upstairs amongst the others.

Situations like this are what drove me to find a house even though I only need apartment/flat sized living spaces. That and rent versus mortgages are nearly the same (home mortgage was about 90% of single bedroom flats) back in 2014.

I hate these type of people as they sort of just stomp everywhere, doesn’t that hurt their feet?

*sigh*

I take my golf to the dealer to have the swap from winter to summer tires. They call and I said that I can pay and get the keys but need to pick the car later. So I get there, call the dealer and the service department went to voicemail. So I leave a voicemail. 10 minutes goes by and the service advisor comes outside asking if I need help with something.

Oh, maybe...

I've had to repair my dishwasher again. It's an easy enough fix, nothing more than a stuck magnetic valve, but I'd really like to have replacements for one or both of them on hand before I put the thing back into its place under the worktop. D'oh!

Our dishwasher is 10 years old, and just doesn't wash as well as it did when new...which wasn't all that great to begin with. Unfortuantely, it seems that like laundry machines, dishwashers have basically just gotten super crappy. laundry still has "speed queen" if you want something that is simple and bulletproof, but there doesn't seem to be something like that for dishwashers. A lot of the more expensive brands may wash better, but when something goes wrong, it's very expensive to fix and takes a long time to get parts.

Another thing that is anoying my me: my distracting craving of specific foods that I haven't had in weeks. Pizza, fried chicken, a burger...mmm...

Depends, apparently Miele is one of the last holdouts ahead of Bosch when it comes to appliances with extended parts availability. I considered Miele until I found that while they do sell in the USA, they are as easy to get in “standard” configuration whereas Bosch learned this and has standard US cabinet dishwasher sizes.

Why the FUCK is it snowing this morning?

So the Rona won't die? lol

Michigan's Upper Peninsula got more than a foot on Monday or Tuesday, which makes the dusting I got down here that melted when the sun came out seem unimportant.