The "Things that annoy me" thread

CraigHead?

received_10213149649793424.png

Do you really think that problem only exists for rusty GM vehicles?

The GM hate is strong in you, this will please the Ford fans...

Nah, I hate both equally, but I have yet to hear somebody fill their Ford Taurus with Premium fuel like the ones with 90s Pontiacs and Chevy's do despite the engines being naturally aspirated.

Nah, I hate both equally, but I have yet to hear somebody fill their Ford Taurus with Premium fuel like the ones with 90s Pontiacs and Chevy's do despite the engines being naturally aspirated.

Have you ever met a SHOw owner(the ones that pronounce it that way)? Not only do they fill it with premium fuel, they will tell you why it is pronounced that way.

Nissan 350/70Z owners aren't much better.

Back when I was in university the then-existant German Facebook clone had a group called "my boyfriend drives a 350Z". Judging from the one woman I knew who was in there (and because of whom I know of the group at all), irony or shared suffering was not the motivation.

Have you ever met a SHOw owner(the ones that pronounce it that way)? Not only do they fill it with premium fuel, they will tell you why it is pronounced that way.

I've never talked to one because they're so rare. They are equally as douchey though because, at least for the new ones, I am certain people buy those because you get the honeycomb grill that police versions get. I wAnT bE a PoLiCe OfFiCeR.

The ones that have been driving me nuts lately are the ones who will make it all the way through negotiation and now you're at "scheduling" with them, and then they somehow are only now just finding out where you are, and then backing out angrily. Probably one of those people who lowers their Yelp review for a restaurant by a star or two because it's "too far away".

Like, biiiitch...my city is in the title of the ad, and I even put the flag on my block in the map. So that's aaaaall on you, buddy.

The ones that have been driving me nuts lately are the ones who will make it all the way through negotiation and now you're at "scheduling" with them, and then they somehow are only now just finding out where you are, and then backing out angrily. Probably one of those people who lowers their Yelp review for a restaurant by a star or two because it's "too far away".

Like, biiiitch...my city is in the title of the ad, and I even put the flag on my block in the map. So that's aaaaall on you, buddy.

Ah yes, one of my favorite experiences from CL was when a woman thought my town was the town near her despite it being only similar in name. She assured me that she would be here despite the fact it was 30ish miles farther from her than she thought. She went to the town near her anyway and then called me and yelled because I wasn't showing up on google maps as being there. We talked about this yesterday lady, are you coming the 30 miles north or not? Hello? Hello? Yup, that's what I thought.

The K9 unit that had to search our garage for a car theif that crashed the car and fled on foot, ditching his bright red jersey in our driveway, knocked a can of stain over, but we didn'y noticed, and it basically completely emptie dout, soaking into a rug.

The noise from the next-door-neighbors demo-in their illegally-built structures in their back yard after thestructure fire two weekends ago, that burned out two sheds, an RV, and damaged the house next to it.

It's been a fun couple of weeks.

Also, a custom guitar I ordered hasn't shipped yet. It's pretty custom so they aren't "late"...just wish I could have had it through this whole shelter-in-place time. :) Ha!

The noise from the next-door-neighbors demo-in their illegally-built structures in their back yard after thestructure fire two weekends ago, that burned out two sheds, an RV, and damaged the house next to it.
Are any of your neighbors named Cheryl?

or Carol?

Back when I was in university the then-existant German Facebook clone had a group called "my boyfriend drives a 350Z". Judging from the one woman I knew who was in there (and because of whom I know of the group at all), irony or shared suffering was not the motivation.
What is even the point of that like? Are you dating them FOR the car? Do they at least let you drive it? What is the point of ANY car group if not shared suffering isn't involved at all?

Idk i guess it is just wild to me because of all the shit I am a fan of, car stuff despite skewing REALLY hard towards being considered a Guy Thing and most people interested in it being guys, is one I can just forget about gender with. Why would you like. Define yourself by someone else's car with some weird gender role bullshit. If you like 350Zs??? Buy one???!? It's not even something the average person would find impressive who are you bragging to??

Guessing it's just a bragging point. They aren't really interested in cars but they know that the 350Z is considered a prestige car of sorts and that they display a certain degree of wealth.

Where? Here they have become bottom-rung wanna-be-drifter material.

In the middle of the 2000s, and among the student population, those were pretty damn new and expensive.

Yeah it makes more sense in the past tense when they were new but it's kind of hilarious to me because status symbol cars now are like... teslas or something and it's because of virtue signaling bullshit and price more then the car being good or fast or anything lmao. Most guys don't even care about cars anymore, to the point half the point of the shop classes is people willing to talk to me about cars for several hours. ?

Legitimately loving and bribg invested in your car is probably not a good dating selling point for anyone who doesn't also love cars.

Where? Here they have become bottom-rung wanna-be-drifter material.

I have noticed it with some 350/370 owners. I have also seen it with Camaro, Mustang, Corvette, Miata, etc. Etc..

There are always douchebags out there that feel they have to pump themselves up.

It's to whit.