The "Things that annoy me" thread

I generally avoid adressing anyone by rank, title or role, because I communicate with persons, not functions.

I'll make an exception for our resident Brazilian moth lover.

But I'll be using Doctor sarcastically :p

Where? Here they have become bottom-rung wanna-be-drifter material.
They're mostly ragged out junk here too now, I was thinking back to my college days.

I suppose 370Zs fit the same bracket these day, I see a lot of #stanced, stretched tyres, huge exhausted examples kicking about and the owners all seem to be snapback wearing LA fucc boi wannabes. It's a bit tragic.

It's to whit.
emoji57.png
emoji13.png

Duly noted.

They're mostly ragged out junk here too now, I was thinking back to my college days.

I suppose 370Zs fit the same bracket these day, I see a lot of #stanced, stretched tyres, huge exhausted examples kicking about and the owners all seem to be snapback wearing LA fucc boi wannabes. It's a bit tragic.

I'm still not seeing a bunch of those. Every once and awhile, but they didn't seem to sell as well as the 350.

I have a headache from clenching my teeth, why? I spent the day providing training on equipment I know and some I hardly know. I’m tasked with making sure a massive cheese factory has their 3 boilers being controlled by a touch panel to manage equal runtime, that should work. What worries me is the OEM of the touch panel says “when the connection is lost, they will revert to run locally without a shutdown.” Except what really happens is they (local burner controls) save the last known data from the touch panel and they shut down because a run command is no longer being sent.

I generally avoid adressing anyone by rank, title or role, because I communicate with persons, not functions.
I'll make an exception for our resident Brazilian moth lover.

But I'll be using Doctor sarcastically :p
When I was just ready to type "I didn't spend all those years in Academia to put up with such insult!" :LOL:

Sure, they were an it car when they came out, but now this is what you find when you look for one in my area.
I had a conversation with someone who had just had his 350z hit and bought another of the same thing and they said "I probably won't be able to find a replacement if this dies" I guess that is why. RIP. I still see them around and normal looking a lot but I assume those people are not selling lmao.

So today I passed someone on the highway, not like a terribly aggressive way. Even used my directional despite being in MA.

So this guy as soon as i start to switch lanes, I assume, sped up and then beeped with me. They proceed to cut off someone else, so they can cut me off back, with absolutely no space, then immeditely brake checked me. There are like 6 cars nearby on this 2 lane road none are leaving more then a car length of stopping distance, they continue doing this. As soon as there is an opportunity i make use of my turbo and get the fuck away.

They chased me from Beverly all the way to fucking Gloucester, for the purpose to do that again. That's a good 10-15 min drive even at high speed.

Between this and the guy who ran a red light earlier this week in front of me causing 2 cars in front of me to crash into each other I think i should invest in a fucking dash cam.

^ the thing that stops me from getting the dash cams are wires. I HATE WIRES

There has GOT to be a modern solution to that. Like the main problem is in the fiat at least, the inside is so small the dash barely fits anything and has this stupid texture that makes putting a phone mount anywhere a pain (my verfication note is hung from it). In the beetle i can actually use the phone because the mount is on top of the dash. So the main issue is finding a spot to put it in the fiat. I could probably install like an entire game console in the bug with like a flip up screen given how hollow a lot of it is.

So today I passed someone on the highway, not like a terribly aggressive way. Even used my directional despite being in MA.

So this guy as soon as i start to switch lanes, I assume, sped up and then beeped with me. They proceed to cut off someone else, so they can cut me off back, with absolutely no space, then immeditely brake checked me. There are like 6 cars nearby on this 2 lane road none are leaving more then a car length of stopping distance, they continue doing this. As soon as there is an opportunity i make use of my turbo and get the fuck away.

They chased me from Beverly all the way to fucking Gloucester, for the purpose to do that again. That's a good 10-15 min drive even at high speed.

Between this and the guy who ran a red light earlier this week in front of me causing 2 cars in front of me to crash into each other I think i should invest in a fucking dash cam.
Massholes gonna Masshole.

See the thing about MA drivers is we are usually not assholes for the sake of being assholes as much as laziness and efficiency. In the like 15 years I've been driving I have Never encountered someone that kind of asshole. The worst is usually like cutting me off back once or tailgating, which is SO STUPID here given it is legal to pass on the right here and half the time you can just go around them.

I have no idea what the hell this person's problem was the more I think about it the more it disturbs me. Like as soon as I could I got around them and bolted because that behavior is scary and dangerous but they eventually caught up.

Now I have been behind a cop going 75 on that road, but the limit is 55 and I was probably averaging at least 80. And they caught me after chasing like 10 miles. The reason I got away is that car really shines in weaving between lanes because it is so small ans accelerates so quickly. They were in a standard camary which is bigger. So if they followed me they were going faster and had less room.

How many people did they endanger over that? Like holy shit I got cut off in the normal way multiple times today because THAT is standard masshole behavior, deal with it or don't drive. I won't pretend I am a terribly responsible driver, but I try to prioritize not accidentally hurting someone at least.

What I hate most about massholes, especially the Boston area is their thinking that STOPPING on a main road to let somebody turn onto a main road is a-ok. It’s socking and unpredictable.

We were driving from Boston to Enfield Connecticut. We're on the turnpike, light snow, came up behind a small car weaving a bit. We decide it's better to stay behind what was a girl literally doing her hair... curling iron and all.

There has GOT to be a modern solution to that. Like the main problem is in the fiat at least, the inside is so small the dash barely fits anything and has this stupid texture that makes putting a phone mount anywhere a pain (my verfication note is hung from it). In the beetle i can actually use the phone because the mount is on top of the dash. So the main issue is finding a spot to put it in the fiat. I could probably install like an entire game console in the bug with like a flip up screen given how hollow a lot of it is.
30 minutes at an auto electrician to have it installed invisibly. Cable run inside the ceiling and interior pillar panels and wired into a permanent 12V supply (or ignition controlled, if you so desire).