The "Things that annoy me" thread

I got a single text message today in the form of a link from my mother. A website themed for those that are childfree. Knowing that she only accepted helping me with my dog, Hank was so that it would encourage girls to like me, this sort of thing just pisses me the fuck off. I'm quite enjoying life alone at the moment, being able to go home to silence other than a beagle is so nice.

Fawlty Towers: The Germans episode removed from UKTV over 'racial slurs'

Yes, you can find the “don’t mention the war” stuff excessive, but Cleese is correct:

Actor and creator John Cleese described the move as "stupid".

Speaking to The Age newspaper , he said the episode was clearly a critique of racist attitudes.

"One of the things I've learned in the last 180 years is that people have very different senses of humour," he said.

"Some of them understand that if you put nonsense words into the mouth of someone you want to make fun of, you're not broadcasting their views, you're making fun of them."

I don't know how you could describe that decision as anything but stupid.

Sounds like your mother needs a frank talk about the nonexistence of the right to have grandchildren.
And it's not like Chris is an only child. She could get her grandchildren fix elsewhere...

And it's not like Chris is an only child. She could get her grandchildren fix elsewhere...

She's like a drug addict with babies I swear.... She's depraved of it because she's made some rude comments to my brothers wife and so Mom doesn't see my brothers kid as often was she'd like which honestly would be too much. Since we're both within 15-20 minutes drive from her she seemingly expects us to come over every weekend.

Annoyance this morning.

I got an email from a customer last friday saying "we're having this problem what should we do?" So I give them things to try, this morning I get pictures of a fault menu saying "we had these faults over the weekend, what should we do."

CAN YOU READ?

We need to finish painting the outside of our house, but because it's stucco, you're supposed to have 2-3 dry days before you paint, and 2-3 days dry after. Every weekend for the past 2 months, there's been a 15-35% chance of rain every single weekend, so we've held off. Super annoying as the house is getting dirtier and dirtier with each passing day, and we had paid to have the house power-washed in March to prep for the painting. Ugh.

Last edited:
For the past couple years, every time I ordered something on Amazon that I didn't need right away, I would opt for the slower shipping when it included an incentive of $1 credit for digital content.

In my head, I had, like, $40 worth of credits banked, and wanted to watch a movie last night on Amazon Prime Video that wasn't free.

It turns out I didn't read the fine print, and those credits were only valid for a specific length of time. It's all expired except for the most recen $1 credit. *facepalm*

We have two paring knives, a 5" santoku, a 6" filet knife, and an 8" chef's knive, and a 8" bread/roast serrated knife. I sharpen them every time I put a clean knife back into the block.

And yet, my girlfriend insists on trying to cut eveyrthing with the $1 serrated steak knives. And then complains about how it's not cutting well. Everything from raw chicken, to shopping parsley, etc. I just...don't...get it.

Ugh. This week has sucked so much. Now that shits opening up again so many people have the same idea at the same time requesting parts, burners, and service calls. So many people want stuff yesterday and I need to figure out how to prioritize needs, especially when I can’t give a fuck about so many of these customers and their applications. None of them are hospital related and many of them make processed shit. If it was something like a flour or vegetable processing or meat packing, okay, I’d understand. Right now I just cannot work with everyone and it bothers me. I am not good at remembering to follow up so I’m worried I will forget because everyday there’s more.

I want to get off Mr. Bones’ wild ride.

The worry that international travel restrictions will continue past July is also a worry as I’ve been looking forward to Ringmeet once again.

Last edited:
Hey lets post some more!

Dealing with a couple of German OEM's and the ignorance that not every part of the world follows their specific guidelines about how Natural Gas is supposed to piped with gas train designs is mind boggling. The world doesn't revolve around one specific country guys.... What's mostly annoying is how these people get so assertive that we are breeching some code and how we should pay to fix the mistakes because we knowingly did something incorrect. No, we didn't, read the NFPA codebook, Fuckwit.

The "Braxton" pre-roll commercial for St. Jude on youtube. It seems like every video I watched since last week. I guess it's better than Lit Mobile, or "You're not a dish, you're a man!" ad...

Thank God for YouTube Premium...