The "Things that annoy me" thread

I bought some parts for my truck off eBay, got worried they wouldn't get here in time (and realized they weren't really what I should have bought), bought a different part that hasn't shipped yet, got worried again and bought another part to replace it from Amazon and... the first part showed up. Damn... what do I do now? :ROFLMAO:

Edit: As of 15 minutes ago, eBay seller of part #2 sent me a tracking number. Supposed to be here Thursday.

Last edited:
Why isn't Interstellar on Prime video or Netflix? I want to watch it again but I would have to pay for it from Amazon and they don't even offer UHD in this country. It's an old movie now and I don't think it's worthy of getting on Blu ray.

Why isn't Interstellar on Prime video or Netflix? I want to watch it again but I would have to pay for it from Amazon and they don't even offer UHD in this country. It's an old movie now and I don't think it's worthy of getting on Blu ray.

Can you even get surround sound with Amazon Prime?

That shrink plastic you get on bottles of mouthwash. Sure, there are perforated lines but you try getting hold of the top edge. If you manage that the chances are it'll break before you get to the bottom.

Can you tell I've just opened a new bottle of mouthwash? I dread it. :LOL:

I have no idea actually, never had a surround set up. I've never had an appropriate space, maybe one day.

Had 3 quarts of dinner leftovers on the stove that we were letting cool before putting it in the fridge for the night. We both went to bed thinking the other had done it. *facepalm*

Had 3 quarts of dinner leftovers on the stove that we were letting cool before putting it in the fridge for the night. We both went to bed thinking the other had done it. *facepalm*

I’ve done this, but living alone, I have nobody to blame. I just sheepishly put it in the fridge when I wake up.

The fridge will cool it off for you.

What are dinner leftovers?

Those of us that have a metabolism deficiency have leftovers for fear of buying more clothes or have other issues. ;)

Just tested on my LG smart TV (WebOS) with the built-in Prime app, my receiver is getting surround sound. So I can confirm it supports at least 5.1.

The fridge will cool it off for you.

And in the meantime, the heat from the pot of hot food will heat up everything in the fridge. Expensive lesson that it took me two pots of soup and many ruined groceries to learn. :lol:

Not something we usually have too much of, but this was 1.5 lbs of chicken, 1.5 lbs of eggplant, , 1/2 lb of cauliflower, 2 onions, a turnip, 3 carrots, 4 stalks of celery, 2 bell peppers, 3 jalapeno pappers, 1/2 lb of mushrooms, 2 cups of broth, a can of coconut milk, and 3 cups (measured un-cooked) of rice (plus garlic, ginger, spices, etc)

The hilarious thing is that the cook book showed the recipe being made in, like, a 3-4qt saucepan, and barely filled it. We followed the exact recipe, used a 6qt pot, and it was filled to the absolute brim (even doming over slightly before it started to cook down). :lol: Not counting the liquid or the rice, it was already like 6lbs of ingredients.

Last edited:
New annoyance. i've been thinking about an item that's been on sale for weeks, and there was always stock available. Decided I wanted it today. Check online: sold out. Checked listing of all local stores: all sold out except one, that showed one on hand. Tried to buy it online, it wouldn't let me. Called the store, and got the automated system which said they had "limited stock on hand". Called back and talked to a person in the department, to find out that they are completely sold out.

The promotion that would have saved me $80 ends this weekend.

*sigh*

What's wrong with this picture :

Screenshot_20200707-065318.png

Also, zipper for my shorts pocket where I keep my phone broke on Sunday, and guess what happened when I got out of the car a few minutes ago? Phone flew out, and broke the screen even more ?

What's wrong with this picture :

View attachment 3557958

Also, zipper for my shorts pocket where I keep my phone broke on Sunday, and guess what happened when I got out of the car a few minutes ago? Phone flew out, and broke the screen even more ?

Seems like nobody knows where this should go. What is going on?

They scanned the package with a fake delivery attempt.

It got to Lasalle (Montreal) , went out to delivery, and got a delivery attempt, and back en route to post office, all within 5 minutes, at 6 AM.

My neighbor is using a backhoe to dig up his backyard near his pond. I have a feeling he is wanting to expand his pond and where he is doing it is getting pretty close to the fence. That pond has overflowed in years past, and I don't think he is considering that with what he is doing, so it may overflow right into my backyard. The way it is now, there is a slight berm that forces water to flow out toward the main road when it does overflow.

So now I will have to go down to the township office and see if he has taken out any permits, and for what.